Your England Squad for WC2010 Sath Efrika

Ishmael

Don't know the situation with Hargreaves as I havent followed the other threads. But if he's fit, he must go. Agbonlahor should be there, and on merit too. We don't need both Heskey and Crouch. The lanky robot should be enough. Other than that England should be ripping teams apart with the pace upfront and precision passing of Lampard and Carrick.

Beckham out, Agbonlahor in and that's a squad capable of winning it.

Not if Englands get a free-kick in the last minute of the World Cup final. Who would you like to take it? Beckham or Agbonlahor?

Beckham. Your point?

My point is that you wouldn't take Beckham to the World Cup. So you couldn't let Beckham take the free-kick obviously.  :lol:

Really should be five strikers if you ask me. When are we gonna use eight defenders? We've got players available in the defense who can play all the way across the back four. I'd keep Lescott - drop Bridge (obviously, can't believe he's "made it") - and take Gabby.

Beckham out, Agbonlahor in and that's a squad capable of winning it.

Not if Englands get a free-kick in the last minute of the World Cup final. Who would you like to take it? Beckham or Agbonlahor?

We have plenty of other free kick takers in the squad. Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, Defoe and even Milner are good FK takers.

So Beckham should go instead of Agbonlahor because the former is better at free-kicks?

No. I just think both should go. But if I had to decide on one of them I would take Beckham because of his experience and his ability in crossing, passing and taking free-kicks.

He's done nowt at club level for a long, long time now, don't be fooled by Madrid's title success in 2007.

Capello said he regretted selling him while at madrid, didn't he?

Capello left Madrid at the same time Beckham did.

He's done nowt at club level for a long, long time now, don't be fooled by Madrid's title success in 2007.

Milan last season? His current Milan spell hasn't been long yet so he still could do something good.

He did OK. Very little to suggest he's worthy of a place in an England 23.

Guest firetotheworks

It's all ridiculous hype. You'd surely not start him, and as for coming off the bench when we need a goal - at the expense of genuinely dangerous players like Joe Cole and Agbonlahor?

Consistent evidence is not hype. Time after time he delivers dangerous cross after dangerous cross, rarely gives it away and defends well. If that's not genuinely dangerous then nothing is.

Capello said he regretted selling him while at madrid, didn't he?

Capello left Madrid at the same time Beckham did.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/SOCCER-Capello-admits-mistake-over-Beckham-sale/3ae9c521-272d-41a6-b377-facf217d722e

Real Madrid have today approached David Beckham`s advisers and Los Angeles Galaxy in an attempt to buy the England midfielder out of his contract with the American club.

The Spanish club contacted Beckham`s camp and the Galaxy after president Ramon Calderon spoke of exploiting a possible escape clause in his contract to try to keep him in Madrid.

It is understood however that Real were told "politely but firmly" this morning that no such clause exists - and that there is no chance of Beckham changing his mind.

Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello, who often left Beckham on the bench during the first half of the Primera Liga season, has admitted making errors about the way the 32-year-old was handled.

He said: "We have all made mistakes regarding Beckham.

"On the sporting side we have made a decision and I am the one that has the maximum responsibility.

"The truth is that with him we made a mistake.

"Beckham is a great player. Now he is playing at the same level as he did at Manchester (United).

"He is a player that has recovered his physical and psychological condition because he was upset not to be playing with his national team.

"For every player, the national team is important and for English players, more so."

"Now he is playing at the same level as he did at Manchester (United)." :bluestar:

Guest firetotheworks

What has Walcott done since THAT hat-trick that merits inclusion? Nothing.

What's Beckham done in that time?

I'll answer, having watched both. The answer is a shit load more than Walcott. I'm not exaggerating here, I watched Walcott play in about 5 matches this season and his pass/cross/shots being on target success rate altogether must be something like 30%. Im plucking that out of thin are, but he's been seriously poor.

So it's basically a manger bigging up one of his own players then?

Aye, and Nicky Butt's a 'fabulous player'.

Why would Capello be "bigging up" a player who is going to leave?

He is admitting in making a mistake in selling Beckham. As simple as. Although, I don't expect your brain to be able to comprehend that.

Guest firetotheworks

So it's basically a manger bigging up one of his own players then?

Aye, and Nicky Butt's a 'fabulous player'.

So is Rooney. If that shoe fits your point then it fits everyone elses.

They were in a race for the title at that point, of course he's going to 'big up' his players.

And btw, if a compliment from Capello is the only thing you can present to me from the last 3 years as a reason why he should be on the plane, my point stands. He's finished as a top level footballer, he's been very poor for Milan in their last few games and it's only a matter of time before their fans turn on him just like the cunts in LA.