Lua Lua to Brighton on a loan

Guest BooBoo

Guest Heneage

Let's be honest, 95% of what comes from our academy turns out to be complete s****, not even fit for the championship.

Its quite appalling really. Even the likes of Boro are streets ahead of us. In the last ten years, only really Taylor and Shola have come through to be regulars.

Well...around 95% of all academy players of all top teams does the same! With Boro, West Ham or Villa being exceptions...name a Chelsea academy player who made it to the first team? or Spurs or whatever

John Terry, Ledley King.

Let's be honest, 95% of what comes from our academy turns out to be complete s****, not even fit for the championship.

Its quite appalling really. Even the likes of Boro are streets ahead of us. In the last ten years, only really Taylor and Shola have come through to be regulars.

Well...around 95% of all academy players of all top teams does the same! With Boro, West Ham or Villa being exceptions...name a Chelsea academy player who made it to the first team? or Spurs or whatever

John Terry, Ledley King.

True...but an eternity ago! How about in recent few years?

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to post about this yesterday and got side tracked. A mate of mine is a season ticket holder down here in Brighton and reckons the boy is going down a storm. They're loving his pace and reckon he's raped every full back he's played thus far.

Also the Seagulls fan are apparently impressed with his ability to control the ball - not sure if that rings true with those who've seen him play for our ressies?

I don't think he will ever make it.

Can't put my finger on it because he's an exciting lad but i think he might just lack consistency or the mental strength. Still time though.

Guest palnese

It may well be the case that he has found his level.

Still only 19 though, plenty of time to develop his game.

I really like what I've seen of him, and I'm disappointed and surprised that he's not broken through with us this season.

No problem with his talent, but like his brother he may lack a football brain and try to be a bit too individualistic. That can improve with coaching though.

I doubt Lua Lua will amount to much, he seems to be a bit thick tbh. Plays just like his brother running into blind alleys and probably really difficult to play with for team mates. He should have been pushing for first team action this season but he hasn't made his case very well on the odd occasion he's been given an opportunity.

Have you seen him play btw?

Can't put my finger on it because he's an exciting lad but i think he might just lack consistency or the mental strength. Still time thogh.

Seems to be quite strong in that area when I've seen him. As in he's always shown for the ball, doesn't duck away from anything. Always a good sign for a young player.

From watching him a few time over the least two seasons, he seems to have the talent, but like mentioned, has lacked consistency and decision making ability. But I think that's a complete positive, being only 19, you're not really expected to be good in either of those categories. A few years maturity could do him really well.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't put my finger on it because he's an exciting lad but i think he might just lack consistency or the mental strength. Still time thogh.

Seems to be quite strong in that area when I've seen him. As in he's always shown for the ball, doesn't duck away from anything. Always a good sign for a young player.

Aye, he always wants the ball, but rarely does the right things when he has it. Bit of coaching though and he'll learn.

Do you not think that he might lack consistency because he's not getting games?  He should have been playing on our right before we brought Routledge in and he should be playing now that Routledge is injured.

I doubt Lua Lua will amount to much, he seems to be a bit thick tbh. Plays just like his brother running into blind alleys and probably really difficult to play with for team mates. He should have been pushing for first team action this season but he hasn't made his case very well on the odd occasion he's been given an opportunity.

Have you seen him play btw?

I've seen him start one game, the rest were sub appearances.

Do you not think that he might lack consistency because he's not getting games?  He should have been playing on our right before we brought Routledge in and he should be playing now that Routledge is injured.

I'd like to have seen him playing in a winning side but it's risky with youngsters.

I'd still like to see him signed on a long term deal and loaned out to a good chamionship side next year. Then we will see what he is made of.