Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

Carroll 5 - Really needs to stop getting bullied around by these s*** defenders from other teams, should do better against these teams.

I'll be interested to see how this shit defender does against Rooney when he's playing for his Country in the next European Championship qualifiers.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think it makes sense to compare entire seasons worth of form for both young and old players.

Young players are learning the game as they go. Based on an entire seasons worth of form, Carroll wouldnt have just scored 5 in 6 but he did. Its not a useful argument.

It is when football is based on results and not grooming. I'm all for bringing players through, but not when we're playing like shit and desperately need more than one dimension to the way we play.

f*** that, he just posted.

Anyways, it doesn't take much intelligence to know that when someone says "nothing" in that sense, following a post such as the one posted before, it doesn't mean "nothing" as in the absolute version of the word. Feel free to track back to my earlier posts, as far back as 2008 and I'm sure you'll find the same opinion as before. What's tiresome is how you can't lead an argument for your side of the argument.

You mean my side of the argument that Carroll is 'not fucking shit'? in fine form - 5 in 6?  Mm that was my argument. 

Also by deconstructing all your posts to prove how ridiculous your claims are.. yea your guessed it that was also to benefit my argument. 

Carroll 5 - Really needs to stop getting bullied around by these s*** defenders from other teams, should do better against these teams.

I'll be interested to see how this s*** defender does against Rooney when he's playing for his Country in the next European Championship qualifiers.

Im talking about defenders in this league in general, all bulk, no skill or technique.

Anyways, it doesn't take much intelligence to know that when someone says "nothing" in that sense, following a post such as the one posted before, it doesn't mean "nothing" as in the absolute version of the word. Feel free to track back to my earlier posts, as far back as 2008 and I'm sure you'll find the same opinion as before. What's tiresome is how you can't lead an argument for your side of the argument.

You mean my side of the argument that Carroll is 'not fucking shit'? in fine form - 5 in 6?  Mm that was my argument. 

Also by deconstructing all your posts to prove how ridiculous your claims are.. yea your guessed it that was also to benefit my argument. 

Keep telling yourself that :lol: :lol: :lol: fuck me man, I'm actually laughing out loud at that post. Fucking hell, fuck me :lol: :lol: :spit: :spit:

You never had an argument man, and my posts were rooted in facts. Fucking hell, fucking hell. :lol: :lol:  :dowie: :lol:  :facepalm:

I dont think it makes sense to compare entire seasons worth of form for both young and old players.

Young players are learning the game as they go. Based on an entire seasons worth of form, Carroll wouldnt have just scored 5 in 6 but he did. Its not a useful argument.

It is when football is based on results and not grooming. I'm all for bringing players through, but not when we're playing like shit and desperately need more than one dimension to the way we play.

Carroll is already 21, while he can still improve (and by all means prove me wrong) I don't think he'll ever make it on the top level and he's close to his peak of ability as he's been looking rather the same skill wise ever since he debuted for the first team, he feels like a tall Chopra to me for some reason. I'd rather we were grooming Ranger if we were to be grooming a "youngster", which I don't think we should as we need to get back up this season.

Obviously I want us to get promoted- I'll be devastated if we don't- but after watching today it makes me feel sick thinking what could happen to us if we don't heavily invest in our team.

Our defence could probably just about hold their own (Simpson, Talys, Colo, Jose), but our midfield will just get dicked all over. And with Hughton as manager it doesn't bode well. I really fear for us next season (should we go up).

Guest firetotheworks

You mean my side of the argument that Carroll is 'not f***ing s***'? in fine form - 5 in 6?  Mm that was my argument. 

So your argument for Carroll is thinking someone else is wrong because of statistics? And yet using stats Carroll is the least effective striker from Shola, and Lovenkrands? Doesn't that make you exactly wrong?

You mean my side of the argument that Carroll is 'not f***ing s***'? in fine form - 5 in 6?  Mm that was my argument. 

Keep telling yourself that :lol: :lol: :lol: f*** me man, I'm actually laughing out loud at that post. f***ing hell, f*** me :lol: :lol: :spit: :spit:

You never had an argument man, and my posts were rooted in facts. f***ing hell, f***ing hell. :lol: :lol:  :dowie: :lol:  :facepalm:

To be fair, statistics will get you nowhere, goals will, Carroll has been scoring recently, and no matter how s*** he played today, he scored and got us a point, which means he is most likely going to start against Coventry. Its all about recent form, not form over a season for me, Unless we have a really prolific striker who is consistently scoring over the length of this season, which we dont, because all of our strikers this season had a run of good scoring form, and shite patches of form, which is the main reason we dont have an established 2 striker partnership week in week out, you can never tell who is going to start in terms of strikers this season.

Keep telling yourself that :lol: :lol: :lol: f*** me man, I'm actually laughing out loud at that post. f***ing hell, f*** me :lol: :lol: :spit: :spit:

Good, top man.

And i will keep laughing at how a player who 'offers nothing' (defended this for 2 hours) and then say he contributes 25% of our goals all season. :lol:   I'm sure you never meant it and 'you wrote wrong' :rolleyes: You have already changed your opinion twice.  Why not go for more?

I'm out.  You can have the last word

fuckin shite yet again. shows how crap this league is when weve been top all season. Apart from Ipswich, we havent performed away from home all season

We are awful to watch the majority of the time. I thought getting relegated might mean we'd be better to watch against less skilled opponents but no. We had 1 shot on target for the whole game wasn't it? Sky named us 'The Entertainers' under Keegan in the 90's. How about 'The Un-Entertainers', 'The Turgids' or 'The Diabolicals' for this current team?

Having said all that, I'm glad we got a point because playing that badly and getting a point is some achievement. I got the distinct impression that if they hadn't scored there's no way we would have tried to.

Good, top man.

And i will keep laughing at how a player who 'offers nothing' (defended this for 2 hours) and then say he contributes 25% of our goals all season. :lol:   I'm sure you never meant it and 'you wrote wrong' :rolleyes: You have already changed your opinion twice.  Why not go for more?

I'm out.  You can have the last word

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even read my posts as any sane person would? I doubt it. I've been serious and un-personal all through this "discussion", proving my opinion and view through facts, but fuck that, you're deluded man. There's no point arguing with you, would be easier convincing Ronaldo that Colo isn't god tbh. You've yet to post one reason why you think Carroll is good bar "5 in 6" and "you contradict yourself!", pathetic man.  :facepalm:

Guest firetotheworks

You never had an argument man, and my posts were rooted in facts. f***ing hell, f***ing hell. :lol: :lol:  :dowie: :lol:  :facepalm:

To be fair, statistics will get you nowhere, goals will, Carroll has been scoring recently, and no matter how s*** he played today, he scored and got us a point, which means he is most likely going to start against Coventry. Its all about recent form, not form over a season for me, Unless we have a really prolific striker who is consistently scoring over the length of this season, which we dont, because all of our strikers this season had a run of good scoring form, and s**** patches of form, which is the main reason we dont have an established 2 striker partnership week in week out, you can never tell who is going to start in terms of strikers this season.

Good post, I agree. The problem lies in the fact that Carroll has started when he wasn't in form, just as Nolan is.

fuckin s**** yet again. shows how crap this league is when weve been top all season. Apart from Ipswich, we havent performed away from home all season

We are awful to watch the majority of the time. I thought getting relegated might mean we'd be better to watch against less skilled opponents but no. We had 1 shot on target for the whole game wasn't it? Sky named us 'The Entertainers' under Keegan in the 90's. How about 'The Un-Entertainers', 'The Turgids' or 'The Diabolicals' for this current team?

Having said all that, I'm glad we got a point because playing that badly and getting a point is some achievement. I got the distinct impression that if they hadn't scored there's no way we would have tried to.

I like that.

fuckin shite yet again. shows how crap this league is when weve been top all season. Apart from Ipswich, we havent performed away from home all season

:weep:

To be fair, statistics will get you nowhere, goals will, Carroll has been scoring recently, and no matter how s*** he played today, he scored and got us a point, which means he is most likely going to start against Coventry. Its all about recent form, not form over a season for me, Unless we have a really prolific striker who is consistently scoring over the length of this season, which we dont, because all of our strikers this season had a run of good scoring form, and s**** patches of form, which is the main reason we dont have an established 2 striker partnership week in week out, you can never tell who is going to start in terms of strikers this season.

Good post, I agree. The problem lies in the fact that Carroll has started when he wasn't in form, just as Nolan is.

:thup:

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have any one of our strikers up front and they'd struggle.

Centre mid consisting of any combination of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie is piss poor, slow as fuck and clueless.

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have any one of our strikers up front and they'd struggle.

Centre mid consisting of any combination of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie is piss poor, slow as f*** and clueless.

Curious that Nolan/Guthrie dominated Cardiff, yet throw Smith in behind them and it falls to shit.

Guest neesy111

i have never moaned soo much through a game

we are soo unfit it's unbelievable

players are a bunch of twats, guthrie massively overated, smith shite, nolan just a fat bastard

Centre mid consisting of any combination of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie is piss poor, slow as f*** and clueless.

Curious that Nolan/Guthrie dominated Cardiff, yet throw Smith in behind them and it falls to shit.

They didn't do too well against Derby though.

Most of our team are inconstant. Good one game and terrible the next.

Guest firetotheworks

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have had  any one of our strikers up front and they'd have struggled.

I agree, but Carroll is the discussion that we're having now. No doubt it'll rightly turn into talk of how shit a midfield we have though.

My main point would be that we play it long, Carroll isn't effective as a target man, and we dont have the players to pick up any knock downs anyway. We play so, so much better when he knock it about and get the full backs forward. In fact that's just about our only effective tactic. The long ball on every level does not work.

Carroll can't hold the ball up. What use is he isolated up front on his own then? He MUST, imo, be played alongside someone like Loven or Best.

The gap between him and our midfield today was diabolical. How was anyone supposed to play well in such isolation like that?

Still, he bailed us out big time today. Saved my weekend from ruin.

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have had  any one of our strikers up front and they'd have struggled.

I agree, but Carroll is the discussion that we're having now. No doubt it'll rightly turn into talk of how shit a midfield we have though.

My main point would be that we play it long, Carroll isn't effective as a target man, and we dont have the players to pick up any knock downs anyway. We play so, so much better when he knock it about and get the full backs forward. In fact that's just about our only effective tactic. The long ball on every level does not work.

You can also look at how effective Loven is when we play it on the ground, he's not a physical player so he needs to rely on technique, which is hard to do when you get balls kicked at you that you need to wrestle with opposition defenders to win.