Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

Guest Kenton Magpie

Ratings;

Routledge and Colo- 7

Everyone else- 5 or under.

Not sure Routledge deserved a 7 like.

This. Thought he was pretty poor if im giving an honest opinion!

I'm going to warn you, the following post may contain bad language.

That was fucking shit, fucking awefull untill about 70th minute and it was still aweful, play like that again and we will get hammerd. It goesto show that Hughton is not a manager, and I really wish he would relise that and step the fuck down to the coach that he is. If we continue to play like that then we will not make the playoff's never mind the top two, effectively that was our game in hand on WBA since they are playing in the FA Cup this weekend. We in my opinion have to hope that Doncaster do us a favour and atleast get a draw today which is a nig ask since they are now going on a bad run.

We cannot play like that again, ever, and under Hughton we will, he made one change which was possibily the wrong one, and never looked like changing anything else especially the obviouse, and was never seen telling the players anything on the touchline again which is something that pisses me off with him. I have no doubt in my mind that his hafl time team talk went something like, "keep it up lads your doing well." The lads never had any communication throughout the game, even when another player had a man on noone appeared to shout at all, also the tactics seemed wrng and despite getting hammerd during the game they never took it upon themselves to change anything.

Despite getting a point I am seriously very fucking pissed off with the performance, make no mistake Swansea should of won 7-0, and at one point had 80% possesion.

Please, just f*** off Hughton. The team has no style of play, no tactics, no drilling, no visible evidence of coaching or strategy, nothing. It's just eleven players on the pitch in a basic formation lumping it long to the big guy. The only thing he seems to be doing for his handsome salary is picking a team, there's absolutely nothing being shown that suggests otherwise.

Nolan also winds me up. I don't know what he does in his spare time, but how the f*** can he continue playing professional football for a club like ours when he moves (and looks) like a couch potatoe thrown into a sport filled with athletes. This prick is one of the reasons why we're down here in the first place, and seeing him getting molested at this level now that the goals (his only positive) have dried up is beyond a joke.

Decent result, pitiful performance.

That was f***ing s***, f***ing awefull untill about 70th minute and it was still aweful, play like that again and we will get hammerd. It goesto show that Hughton is not a manager, and I really wish he would relise that and step the f*** down to the coach that he is. If we continue to play like that then we will not make the playoff's never mind the top two, effectively that was our game in hand on WBA since they are playing in the FA Cup this weekend. We in my opinion have to hope that Doncaster do us a favour and atleast get a draw today which is a nig ask since they are now going on a bad run.

We cannot play like that again, ever, and under Hughton we will, he made one change which was possibily the wrong one, and never looked like changing anything else especially the obviouse, and was never seen telling the players anything on the touchline again which is something that pisses me off with him. I have no doubt in my mind that his hafl time team talk went something like, "keep it up lads your doing well." The lads never had any communication throughout the game, even when another player had a man on noone appeared to shout at all, also the tactics seemed wrng and despite getting hammerd during the game they never took it upon themselves to change anything.

Despite getting a point I am seriously very f***ing pissed off with the performance, make no mistake Swansea should of won 7-0, and at least two long points had 80% possesion.

FYP

That was fucking shit, fucking awefull untill about 70th minute and it was still aweful, play like that again and we will get hammerd. It goesto show that Hughton is not a manager, and I really wish he would relise that and step the fuck down to the coach that he is. If we continue to play like that then we will not make the playoff's never mind the top two, effectively that was our game in hand on WBA since they are playing in the FA Cup this weekend. We in my opinion have to hope that Doncaster do us a favour and atleast get a draw today which is a nig ask since they are now going on a bad run.

Despite getting a point I am seriously very fucking pissed off with the performance, make no mistake Swansea should of won 7-0, and at one point had 80% possesion.

English?

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

:lol:

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

Our target man should be getting a goal every game :lol:  Your funny.

Where was Carroll prior to his scoring run? If we had a target man that could actually steer his headers towards other players, and use his feet as well, we'd easily be a much better side. I'm not saying a target man needs to score, but Carroll offers nothing besides being lucky a few times in recent games. Ranger for instance, whilst still being very raw, shows sign of being a decent target man in that he can hold up the ball and actually aim headers. It's a shame he can't put them away. Carroll is just a young Tore Andre Flo tbh.

You should look at how many assists Carroll has, it might just surprise you.

I don't need to look, as I'm well aware. He's still not good enough to be first choice striker for us, I'd be concerned if he was our 4th choice striker, even. He'll never make it at the top level, and while he'll be good enough until we (hopefully) get promoted, we need rid of him in the summer and bring in someone that's actually a footballer.

Harper 7 - Pretty solid, very little he could do about the goal

Simpson 5 - Half hearted in the challenge, let Cotteril run at him time and time again, but still managed to be one of our better players.

Coloccini 7 - Won nearly everything thrown at him, probably a better passer of a ball than anybody else we have in midfield.

Hall 6 - Unspectacular, but again fairly solid.

Van Aanholt 4 - Looks defensively naive, didn't show for the ball enough when he's the only left sided player out there.

Routledge 6 - The only midfielder to actively try to create anything, starved of the ball but looked more dangerous than anybody else we had.

Nolan 1 - No fucking hyperbole at all - worst performance in a Newcastle shirt, can't pass, no brain whatsoever. His wild punting of the ball into the air the highlight of his shitness.

Smith 2 - Fucking rank aswell, gets a slightly better rating than Nolan due to being moderately less frustrating.

Guthrie 3 - Left wing? Fuck off Hughton, he's a right footed central midfielder. Anyway, ponderous on the ball, poor passing but looked slightly better when he got fed up and came central.

Lovenkrands 4 - Didn't see him all game, but how's a player of his kind gonna cope with that midfield behind him?

Carroll 4 - Good header, shame he was positively disgraceful the rest of the time. Would have been a 2 if he hadn't of scored.

Best 6 - Set up the goal with a delicious cross.

Overall though, what an absolute fucking mess of a performance that was. Our midfield is the absolute worst.

Yet we're still top the league, unbelievable.

Where was Carroll prior to his scoring run? If we had a target man that could actually steer his headers towards other players, and use his feet as well, we'd easily be a much better side. I'm not saying a target man needs to score, but Carroll offers nothing besides being lucky a few times in recent games. Ranger for instance, whilst still being very raw, shows sign of being a decent target man in that he can hold up the ball and actually aim headers. It's a shame he can't put them away. Carroll is just a young Tore Andre Flo tbh.

You shouldnt expect Carroll to single handedly make up for our poor style of football. No matter how much is directed at him. If anything it puts more pressure on him to create something from nothing, with little support from others as has been said. He's scoring goals recently and showing that he'll deliver if given decent crosses.

The one thing id have a go at him for is that he's pretty lazy off the ball.

You can't deny the fact people tend to be more forgiving of him than others just because he's local, though.

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

Our target man should be getting a goal every game :lol:  Your funny.

You should look at how many assists Carroll has, it might just surprise you.

I don't need to look, as I'm well aware. He's still not good enough to be first choice striker for us, I'd be concerned if he was our 4th choice striker, even. He'll never make it at the top level, and while he'll be good enough until we (hopefully) get promoted, we need rid of him in the summer and bring in someone that's actually a footballer.

Well it's not 'offering nothing' than is it, when he is scoring and assisting.  How about you put some logic into your next argument.