Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

If Hughton wants to show he is a really good manager he will take Nolan off now and will never start him again. Looked so poor... lost the ball more than Nicky Butt would have lost it

But how can he take Nolan off as it would probably upset "little" Kevin? CH is so nice guy and wouldn't dare to risk of upsetting our more "experienced players"

I think he will, maybe not at half time but around 60 mins he will take him off.

As most of us know we play worse in the 2nd half after CH has had chat with boys..........THIS IS CHs MOMNENT!!!!  He is going to fire the lads up & we are going to win this game.....

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

I was reading championship stats the other day.

We've actually won more 2nd halfs than any other side in the division  :lol: So turns out his talks arent that bad afterall.

That is why I said   play worse in the 2nd half which I know is true as I have watched it happen a lot this season.

Guthrie has had a few games in the middle and has been poor every time. To slow and pulls out of tackle every time there is a 50-50. We desperately need a creative centre midfielder on loan.

Wasn't Hughton saying they would do it for the fans?!

He's on the left.

At Derby he was in middle and was shocking and Cardiff at home although we won he was poor in the middle.

Carroll isnt the issue. How we play when Carrolls in the team is the issue. Different things.

We need to be getting the ball wide and get balls into the box from there, not lumping it at his head from our penalty box. I don't know what some people think he should be doing but I totally agree with you.

Guest toonlass

The guy who does the half time entertainment with the bairns and cyril the swan seems to be canny. Had a right good load of banter with the bairns.

As most of us know we play worse in the 2nd half after CH has had chat with boys..........THIS IS CHs MOMNENT!!!!  He is going to fire the lads up & we are going to win this game.....

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

I was reading championship stats the other day.

We've actually won more 2nd halfs than any other side in the division  :lol: So turns out his talks arent that bad afterall.

That is why I said   play worse in the 2nd half which I know is true as I have watched it happen a lot this season.

I didnt say you didnt say that. Im saying, we've won more 2nd halfs than any other team in the division. Interesting isnt it? Yes it is.

Guest firetotheworks

Carroll isnt the issue. How we play when Carrolls in the team is the issue. Different things.

It's both. We play that way because he's in the team, and it doesn't work because he's not good enough.

In answer to someone earlier who questioned the difference in wages of the players.

Leon Britton is stalling on a new contract, its reportedly the biggest ever offered to a Swansea player at rumoured to be 12K a week. Just shows how inflated Premiership contracts are.

So pissed off. Nowhere showing match due to other things on, rush back home, and ive just bought gold xbox live account for the sky player thing, so trying sort that out quickly for second half at least, but it's just outright refusing to let me download it. Just loads same screen on a loop.

It's quite unbelievable how bad target players Shola and Carroll are for such big guys! Both of them are much better when the ball is played along the ground...

Agree with Jay Jay Sea.

Carroll is an awful awful player.

Fall over, rotten touch, foul defender, argue with ref, rubbish shot. Just repeat that sequence and that is Carroll.

Jesus christ calm down, hes actually pretty good for his age. Some of the usual knee-jerks are being flexed in this thread like :lol:

It's both. We play that way because he's in the team, and it doesn't work because he's not good enough.

No, not at all,  if you look Swansea has been pressuring high up the pitch, Nolan and Smith can't move in free space quick enough, so the long-ball, or the pass back to keeper is the only option for the man on the ball on most occasions.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with Jay Jay Sea.

Carroll is an awful awful player.

Fall over, rotten touch, foul defender, argue with ref, rubbish shot. Just repeat that sequence and that is Carroll.

Jesus christ calm down, hes actually pretty good for his age. Some of the usual knee-jerks are being flexed in this thread like :lol:

tbf, there can be no such thing as multiple knee jerks. It's not like this is the first, second or even third time that he's been shit this year.