Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

Guthrie has had a few games in the middle and has been poor every time. To slow and pulls out of tackle every time there is a 50-50. We desperately need a creative centre midfielder on loan.

Wasn't Hughton saying they would do it for the fans?!

He's on the left.

Not often I tap into match threads but I have to say, this is terrible. It's worse than that in fact. My heart sinks when I see Carroll playing.  He's so one-dimensional, slow and you just know that there is a miniscule brain in his head. Even with service, he's not good enough, whatever league he plays in.

If Hughton wants to show he is a really good manager he will take Nolan off now and will never start him again. Looked so poor... lost the ball more than Nicky Butt would have lost it

what he said

At least Nolan has made some good passes through the defence. He's no more guilty of being crap than the rest of the team.

As much as we're s****, they haven't created much concrete either. We've gradually come into this a tiny bit as the half has progressed; hopefully we can shake the players up at HT.

/optimist

:thup:

Swansea's quality on the ball has made this very frustrating to watch from our point of view but really they've created little and Nolan's arguably had the best chance of the match in our favour. What I would say is that Carroll's touch means that he is just not good enough to play as a targetman. I haven't actually seen Best play yet, but the reports on here suggest that he's decent with his back to goal, and having someone in that mould would do us a world of good in terms of possession. Undecided about Nolan; he's had at least two complete  :facepalm: moments but he's played a couple of class balls and has had our best chance of the game.

The most important thing at the end of the day is that there's 45 minutes left to improve and it's still 0-0.

As most of us know we play worse in the 2nd half after CH has had chat with boys..........THIS IS CHs MOMNENT!!!!  He is going to fire the lads up & we are going to win this game.....

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

I was reading championship stats the other day.

We've actually won more 2nd halfs than any other side in the division  :lol: So turns out his talks arent that bad afterall.

Guest firetotheworks

Guthrie has had a few games in the middle and has been poor every time. To slow and pulls out of tackle every time there is a 50-50. We desperately need a creative centre midfielder on loan.

Totally disagree, every time he's started in midfield we've looked monumentally better going forward.

If Hughton wants to show he is a really good manager he will take Nolan off now and will never start him again. Looked so poor... lost the ball more than Nicky Butt would have lost it

what he said

At least Nolan has made some good passes through the defence. He's no more guilty of being crap than the rest of the team.

Let's not exaggerate, Nolan has hit ONE decent pass.

Well, as much as they've had the ball they haven't created a whole lot. We'll probably score one in the 2nd half and at least we'll be 3 pts better off. It is really blatant though that there's something wrong with the midfield. Routledge is OK at the right flank but Guthrie doesn't offer anything from the left side. It's a shame that he's so fucking slow since he's got good feet and seems to have some sort of a football brain at least.

Carroll has actually had a couple of good flick ons for once but Løvenkrands has been poor and seems to have left his first touch at home. Anyways we'll probably win this but it's been a poor game so far. But as long as we get the 3 pts I don't give a damn how we play.

But how can he take Nolan off as it would probably upset "little" Kevin? CH is so nice guy and wouldn't dare to risk of upsetting our more "experienced players"

As most of us know we play worse in the 2nd half after CH has had chat with boys..........THIS IS CHs MOMNENT!!!!  He is going to fire the lads up & we are going to win this game.....

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Let's hope he doesn't let them have the half-time nap they seem to be waking up from in the first five minutes of every second half.

meh, we're not up for it.

Nolan is even more painfully slow than usual, Carroll isn't focused at all and Guthrie on the left doesn't work.. as expected. We're unable to stop their possession play and we struggle to create anything. Dramatic improvement is needed if we are to get any points today..

what he said

Let's not exagerate, Nolan has hit ONE decent pass.

2 - one to Routledge and one to Van Aarnholt.

If Sousa has owt about him he'll tell his players to distribute the ball to Dyer on the right whenever they can, our left side is non-existant.

aye VA looks nervous defensively, as Tooj said, we may look better with VA at pushing up with pace at left wing and someone more defensively minded like Kadar behind him.

what he said

Let's not exaggerate, Nolan has hit ONE decent pass.

I'd say two!

Guest firetotheworks

Not often I tap into match threads but I have to say, this is terrible. It's worse than that in fact. My heart sinks when I see Carroll playing.  He's so one-dimensional, slow and you just know that there is a miniscule brain in his head. Even with service, he's not good enough, whatever league he plays in.

Has someone logged into your account? Where's the vitriol?

With all our possession we haven't scored and that is normally our problem. We had Scotland and Gomez banging them in this time last season, they were never effectively replaced when martinez took them to Wigan. (Gomez was a loanee in any case).

Sousa has tightened us up defensively but we play similar to how we have played for the last 3 years now, possession football.

We just miss that quality up front to change the game (not often enough in any case).

Whilst its 0-0 you guys are still in with a shout, could be a totally different game second half.