Kevin Nolan - untouchable?

Big Geordie

Guest neesy111

He works better in a 5 man midfield. I think really he should be considered a striker.

a bit like you tbh

Guest Heneage

He works better in a 5 man midfield. I think really he should be considered a striker.

a bit like you tbh

I don't know if that's a compliment or not...

Guest neesy111

a bit like you tbh

neither do i.....

Guest Heneage

a bit like you tbh

neither do i....q

When can we discuss your ability? (lack there of)

You seem to love discussing mine :lol:

Guest neesy111

a bit like you tbh

neither do i....q

When can we discuss your ability? (lack there of)

You seem to love discussing mine :lol:

go ahead...

i believe mine is crap, agree?

Absolutely must be sold in the summer if we do achieve promotion. But you just know he won't be.

Shame, as with him and Butt gone (the two chief footballing culprits in our relegation imo), it would have been a great chance to bring in new blood capable of running around like competent athletes and passing the ball like competent footballers.

Absolutely must be sold in the summer if we do achieve promotion. But you just know he won't be.

Shame, as with him and Butt gone (the two chief footballing culprits in our relegation imo), it would have been a great chance to bring in new blood capable of running around like competent athletes and passing the ball like competent footballers.

His goalscoring record and media wankage have managed to create the illusion he's some kind of class act aswell, I could see some wanky Prem team paying us a relatively decent fee.

Guest neesy111

His goalscoring record and media wankage have managed to create the illusion he's some kind of class act aswell, I could see some wanky Prem team paying us a relatively decent fee.

we said owen was finished, the media said he wasn't, who's been proved right!

Guest schmuck

said the same about duff tbf, although in nolan's case bolton fans were saying he was finished for 2 years before he even joined us

Was a disgrace today - have him on my list for one of those who would be out if it were possible.

When you consider his age, he should be ashamed of himself ; he has all the mobility of an earth-moving machine. If any club daft enough offered 1m, he would be away.

Guest Roger Kint

back to his shitest best today

must of touched the ball 10 times all game

How many times did he flatly refuse to challenge in the air for a ball that was his to win? His passing was awful as well but we are used to that

The worst thing was he was trying to blame Carroll for something for the 1st goal and pushed him out the way when he was trying to take the kick off with Lovenkrands. It was Nolan who got the run around from Robson / Mcdonald for 1st goal yet always tries to blame someone else.

What the fuck was he playing at for the second goal? Granted, the ball shouldn't have been allowed to travel across the six yard box, but he was nowhere near McDonald who had the frigging chance to swivel and volley the ball in.

The worst thing was he was trying to blame Carroll for something for the 1st goal and pushed him out the way when he was trying to take the kick off with Lovenkrands. It was Nolan who got the run around from Robson / Mcdonald for 1st goal yet always tries to blame someone else.

Trouble in paradise? is the honeymoon is over? Nowt worse at the minute than having to watch Carroll and Nolan's make out session after either of them score a goal. Carroll couldn't have his tongue further up Nolans arse.

Hopefully that'll put an end to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sicko2ndbest

His useless tactic of trying to put off Lee Camp on Monday when we had a free kick just outside the 18 yard box was quite legendary tbh :lol:

He put Guthrie off more tbh, looking at his fuckin wide load!

Guest sittingontheball

we said owen was finished, the media said he wasn't, who's been proved right!

Owen with his brochure and Hull-bound rumours was a laughing stock until Fergie came in for him.

That's what changed the media's perception of him. They didn't have the balls to go against Fergie's judgement.

Were Owen available, we'd see that judgement put to the test this week.

Nice article. Like the fact that Ashley and Llambias are talking with the players frequently. Maybe they have turned things around. Obviously we'll see in the summer...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/04/03/kevin-nolan-wants-to-be-fondly-remembered-61634-26166440/

Kevin Nolan wants to be fondly remembered

Apr 3 2010 by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

LAST summer Kevin Nolan expected to be shown the door. Now he is hoping he will be welcomed back to St James’ Park in ten years’ time.

Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll

“In the summer everyone thought they would want to get rid of all the players,” recalls the Championship’s player of the year. “But I never said I wanted to leave or thought I needed to get out. It was more or less, ‘Let’s see how it goes, let’s see what we’ve got and what we do.’ Was it going to be a case of them just picking us off and getting rid or you? But no. We had a lot of people at the end of the season probably thinking, ‘I want to get out of here, this is my opportunity’. But I just wanted to enjoy Newcastle, enjoy the fact that 50-odd thousand watch you every week.

“Hopefully I could make a name for myself so in ten years’ time I could come back and the people on the door can shake my hand, Newcastle give me free tickets, fans still want my autograph, things like that.

“The word legend gets used too easily but I just want to be fondly remembered when I leave. The relationship between players and fans is back, and by the time I leave we can be exactly where we believe – as a squad and a management team – this club belongs.”

There has even been talk of a contract extension for the revitalised midfielder.

“There was a report I had been offered a new deal, longer but less money. I will clear that one up for you,” Nolan says. “Mike Ashley spoke to me the next day and him and Derek (Llambias, the managing director) were absolutely laughing. Mike and Derek have been around here quite a lot. When you think of the likes of Portsmouth, what he (Ashley) has done has been fantastic for the club. He has been open and honest with us as players.

“We knew what he wanted, we demanded what we wanted, he has given us it. We said, ‘If you give us it, we will give you what you want’.

“We have grown mutual respect and hopefully we can give the final piece of the jigsaw. Mike wants to see Newcastle succeed just as much as anyone in the team or any supporter.”

It will take a miracle for Nolan to be remembered how he wants to be. I have nothing against him as such but despite scoring a lot of goals from midfield and somehow winning the player of the year award he has really struggled at this level. Next season I will really worry for our chances if he is a regular.