Kevin Nolan - untouchable?

Big Geordie

Perfect little dink for Carroll's goal that.

When crosses like that, and Best's the other day, are coming into the box - there's always a massive chance we're gonna score. Especially if Carroll's on the pitch - but in fairness all our strikers are decent in the air.

Smashing slip-rule pass through buy Guthrie aswell.

on the plus side at least he admits he had a bad game on saturday, lets look for positives and despite the fact hes overweight and disappears from games hes actually one of my favourite players

Well said. I'm a critic of Nolans fall from the heights.

But let's hope he's accepting his responsibility to get back to producing the goods at last.

Still offers more than Smith on the pitch and as captain imo. Him with Guthrie until Barton's back will do for this season.

No shortage of effort from Smith but a HUGE shortage of ability or effectiveness for months.

In fact it talies with Nolans drop out of the goalscoring stakes

on the plus side at least he admits he had a bad game on saturday, lets look for positives and despite the fact hes overweight and disappears from games hes actually one of my favourite players

But let's hope he's accepting his responsibility to get back to producing the goods at last.

Still offers more than Smith on the pitch and as captain imo. Him with Guthrie until Barton's back will do for this season.

No shortage of effort from Smith but a HUGE shortage of ability or effectiveness for months.

good point, never thought of that but i'd also say that smith's performances, in my opinion weren't that good from late spetember onwards.

He's the only player in our team that my reactions are seriously knee jerk over. When he's doing alright and scoring I like him, but if he one of those games where he seems to have no awareness of whats going on around him, barks orders at team mates despite doing fuck all himself, even if its just one blip game, I don't want him anywhere near the fucking team again!!!

He'll score or play well the next game and I'll be fine with him again!

Aye, I actually am quite warming to Nolan as captain and I don't know why. He's not offering anything of real note on the pitch, but you can tell he's got alot of respect from the rest of the team and he never shuts up talking to them during the game.

good point, never thought of that but i'd also say that smith's performances, in my opinion weren't that good from late spetember onwards.

I think the key to good midfield performances is playing only one of Nolan, Butt or Smith. I'm not really fussed which one if Jonas and Routledge are the wide players and the other central midfielder is either Guthrie or Barton.

on the basis of the last two games i wouldnt want him dropped tbh, i've been his harshest critic at times but credit where credit's due, he's looked effective.

Smith needs dropped first anyway & we don't have the players to drop both of them.

If Routledge is fit, Smith needs to drop back out again.

on the basis of the last two games i wouldnt want him dropped tbh, i've been his harshest critic at times but credit where credit's due, he's looked effective.

Smith needs dropped first anyway & we don't have the players to drop both of them.

What's happened to Smith? he was getting a lot of praise earlier in the season, now we've all gone back to despising him a bit.  Is he just knackered? or has he returned to last years headless chicken and yellow cards form?

What's happened to Smith? he was getting a lot of praise earlier in the season, now we've all gone back to despising him a bit.  Is he just knackered? or has he returned to last years headless chicken and yellow cards form?

You'd have to ask someone else, I've thought he's gone from being an average at best midfielder at the start of the season to shite again. :thup:

He's only capable of playing a defensive midfielder role these days, the problem is the other central midfielders all want to play the same role.

• 3 weeks later...