Our central defence

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think theirs an arguement for playing Colo in midfield with Taylor and Williamson at the back. Colo is possibly the best passer of the ball we have.

that means theres an argument for getting in good central midfielders as soon as poss.

Why do so many people suggest Saylor at RB? I find him rather poor at RB and he will be better off in the middle.

Thought he played there a lot for the U21's.  That might have been just a right sided CB in a back three though, my memory is hazy.

He's also filled in well there for us when called upon.

He (saylor) has always been suprisingly effective coming forward at rb imo. i think it limits alot of his pressured rash challenges and decisions. if we go up we will bring in another cb so the argument is maybe for another day. saylor, williamson, colo, enrique would be stable in the prem, what we have in reserve not so much.

Would want the best back four possible really, and I think Williamson is a lot better centre back than Simpson is a right back and that Taylor is a better right back than Simpson.

Unfortunately there is a reason that Simpson's attempts to establish himself in the PL have failed.

Why do so many people suggest Saylor at RB? I find him rather poor at RB and he will be better off in the middle.

He's done ok at RB, but I'd say there hasn't been enough games to prove he should be there all the time.  I personally think he should always play centre.  He's never going to be a permanent right back so it's better he keeps playing central.

Guest firetotheworks

Taylor at RB is a funny one. Defensively he's alright, but he's the epitome of a centre back at RB/LB, he doesn't have the pace for it, but dribbles strongly in a straight line and wins a throw. If we're not getting a decent dedicated RB then I'd stick him there, but I wouldn't expect it to work for a full season.

I'm worried about Colo next season, has been exceptional this season, but that doesn't cover up the fact that he was shocking last year.

I'm hoping that last season was due to ALOT of other things. Stability, management, confidence, adapting, consistent defence etc.

I have no doubt that he will be better next year, how much i'm not sure.

We all know he's not particularly quick and he isn't the strongest either. It's about finding a way to adapt your game to the demands of english football. Plenty have done it, very few did it in their first season behind a woeful, woeful midfield.

We all know he's not particularly quick and he isn't the strongest either. It's about finding a way to adapt your game to the demands of english football. Plenty have done it, very few did it in their first season behind a woeful, woeful midfield.

The problem with that argument is that our midfield is still poor and shows no sign of changing next year.

The problem with that argument is that our midfield is still poor and shows no sign of changing next year.

That's the key. I reckon Hughton will sign some good players in the summer.