Football podcasts

Gash

I've mentioned to Yorkie but I've taken to listening to The Square Ball now Leeds are doing shite and falling apart. Really enjoying how much they hate everything and everyone to do with them but specifically Brendan Aarsonson.

Again, it's streets ahead of any of the NUFC content.

I'm an absolute glutton for well informed angry football fans.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

I've mentioned to Yorkie but I've taken to listening to The Square Ball now Leeds are doing shite and falling apart. Really enjoying how much they hate everything and everyone to do with them but specifically Brendan Aarsonson.

Same. Loved how much Spurs fans hate each other, the players, Levy, Conte and Stellini this season. That it's reciprocated by the players, Conte, Stellini and Levy is just *chef's kiss*

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Viana said:
1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: I have a real problem with people (particularly middle class journalists) talking uninformed shite about football like, I can't lie. 

I had this thought at the weekend; if it’s your job you have no excuse

It's the tip of the iceberg as far as POTT is concerned but why is it such top bants that Caulkin supposedly doesn't know anything about anything that happens? Absolute 'Joey Essex lol oim so fick' banter.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Again, it's streets ahead of any of the NUFC content.

Same. My mate is a Leeds fan and their bitterness when we beat them 1-0 last season got me listening when they lose. 

I mentioned before but they have a great show called propaganda where they look and laugh at their opponents podcasts and YouTube etc 

On 25/08/2022 at 21:14, Kid Icarus said:

I hope the current format of the Tifo podcast stays as it is.

Presented by JJ, who's great. No Joe Devine and his excruciating patter, likewise Alex and his. Just people who love football talking about the football.

None of the staleness of The Ramble, none of the pretentiousness of TTFS, and it has the most important thing for me, the feeling that it's authentic.

Just watching the one after our match on Sunday now and it's really good, a huge improvement.

It could have all been really good if they'd just got rid of that Devine pillock.

I should note however that since then the only times they've featured the team sitting in 3rd this season was our 0-0 with Man United, our 2-0 loss to Villa, and the 6-1 just gone. The only time they've actually talked about us in those matches was the 0-0 with Man United and a little bit in the 2-0 loss. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

It's the tip of the iceberg as far as POTT is concerned but why is it such top bants that Caulkin supposedly doesn't know anything about anything that happens? Absolute 'Joey Essex lol oim so fick' banter.

It seems he actually doesn't know anything about football, he has the relationships in the game and can write about the behind the scenes stuff but having no idea about players and tactics is a bit embarrassing.

POTT is just 'how good are we' and the preview of the up coming game is usually shit, no predictions no team news about the opponent.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why is TIFO ending? I unsubscribed a while ago mind, found it too annoying. 

Maybe that’s why :lol:

Think they just got bored of it by the sounds of it and wanted a refresh.

I watch the Podcast from time to time...... and they hate NUFC.

JJ did a couple tactical pieces about us on the youtube.. and that's about it.

Unless it's nerdy tactical stuff - they don't seem to care. We play a similar way 90% of the time and that's not interesting enough for them.

I don't think any media outlet has spoken about what Howe has done with Pope, Schar, Burn, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock & Murphy enough for my liking. Almiron's goal streak got him a lot of attention but the othere? Not nearly enough. Even Pope has played a level of both most expected. We play to his strengths / personality much more than Burnley did.

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I watch the Podcast from time to time...... and they hate NUFC.

JJ did a couple tactical pieces about us on the youtube.. and that's about it.

Unless it's nerdy tactical stuff - they don't seem to care. We play a similar way 90% of the time and that's not interesting enough for them.

I don't think any media outlet has spoken about what Howe has done with Pope, Schar, Burn, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock & Murphy enough for my liking. Almiron's goal streak got him a lot of attention but the othere? Not nearly enough. Even Pope has played a level of both most expected. We play to his strengths / personality much more than Burnley did.

Funny mention that FourFourTwo literally just dropped video on exactly that lol

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

This guy has been ace.  

Clery was formerly of What Culture.

His charisma alone puts him streets ahead of most, but didn’t realise he had such tactical nous.

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I enjoyed his work before he joined The Athletic. It was poetic prose at a time when we had few voices with their finger on the pulse. 

Now, I find his written work a bit old hat (his piece on cans was a notable nadir), while his podcasting is tedious. The show itself is hardly spectacular, but he shows how little he really knows about the game, and his sense of humor is painful. It could be a vehicle for good discourse on set topics, but it’s beige.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Totally Football Show, I find its probably the most insightful broad talking football Podcast around, but by god do I not have time for the self congratulatory wankfest that is the The Totally Football Cup. :lol:

Edited by 54

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Disco said:

Guardian Football Weekly later is going to be an absolute master class in salt and frankly it’ll be absolutely delicious.

Is there not a good chance they'll do what Tifo do and just pretend we don't exist?

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is there not a good chance they'll do what Tifo do and just pretend we don't exist?

Nah, they were surprisingly alright tbf bar their desperation in trying to push this narrative that we play akin to Wimbledon despite that we’ve scored comfortably more than erstwhile plucky heroes Man United and play some more than decent stuff.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Nah, they were surprisingly alright tbf bar their desperation in trying to push this narrative that we play akin to Wimbledon despite that we’ve scored comfortably more than erstwhile plucky heroes Man United and play some more than decent stuff.

Aye, I'm listening now and it's not bad, but as you say they're talking about us like everything we've done is from being inspired by Atletico Madrid's dark arts despite us either hitting every attacking metric aligning with our league position or having ones that suggest we could have even finished 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, I'm listening now and it's not bad, but as you say they're talking about us like everything we've done is from being inspired by Atletico Madrid's dark arts despite us either hitting every attacking metric aligning with our league position or having ones that suggest we could have even finished 2nd. 

I do find it quite telling they’re a lot more vicious and snide online than they dare to be on official channels.