Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Heneage

Mancienne is going to be a hell of a player.

Too lightweight for top tier football imo.

Folk used to say that about Rio Ferdinand.

Rio is also considerably taller than Mancienne, sorry but Mancienne will not be the hell of a player you claim IMO. Lack the physicality to be a top defender, and the technical skills to be anything other than a good anchor man in a 5 man midfield.

He's over 6' and has a lot of filling out to do, daft to write him off at 22. Especially considering his position.

How long have you hated Taylor for........

;)

He's over 6' and has a lot of filling out to do, daft to write him off at 22. Especially considering his position.

How long have you hated Taylor for........

;)

Taylor has about half the talent and is as mentally sharp as a beachball. It's a lot easier to bulk up than it is to become a good footballer.

Mancienne is garbage.

He was hyped beyond belief seemingly on the strength of him being a defender that has a decent touch & pass on him. Shame he's weak, can't tackle & is shit in the air then eh? :lol:

The fact that Mancienne has been loaded out as much as he has, shows that he isn't good enough. I've written him and Scott Sinclaire of tbh.

how was manciennce going to get into the chelsea side of terry alex carhvalio and ivanovic without first getting games under his belt at another side?

If he was good enough he would already be in the side. He's not and will become a journeyman throughout his career. Name some players that have become stars or even decent players through being loaned out as many times and at the age he is.

If he was good enough he would already be in the side. He's not and will become a journeyman throughout his career. Name some players that have become stars or even decent players through being loaned out as many times and at the age he is.

I'm not that big on Mancienne, but this is ridiculous. :lol: Terry, Alkex, Carvalho, and Ivanovic are all top class defenders in the prime of their careers. He's no chance of being ahead of Mikel Obi, Essien, or Ballack as midfield anchor. Chelsea even have three high quality right backs, ffs. If he was already in the side, he would have to be one of the best defenders or holding midfielders in the world.

Hell, Yoann Gourcuff was on loan last year from a club with less talent than Chelsea, and I think most would agree he is a "decent player". :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm not that big on Mancienne, but this is ridiculous. :lol: Terry, Alkex, Carvalho, and Ivanovic are all top class defenders in the prime of their careers. He's no chance of being ahead of Mikel Obi, Essien, or Ballack as midfield anchor. Chelsea even have three high quality right backs, ffs. If he was already in the side, he would have to be one of the best defenders or holding midfielders in the world.

Hell, Yoann Gourcuff was on loan last year from a club with less talent than Chelsea, and I think most would agree he is a "decent player". :lol:

He also was loaned out to the eventual French champions. Wolves are not the same club, look at where he's loaned too as opose where from.

I like Ryan Taylor. His general play is nothing special but he's arguably been one of our most productive players this season in the amount of games he's played. Miles better at right back than Simpson in my opinion. If we were to sell anyone, I'd be tempted to get rid of Smith and Best, maybe Barton as well before he inevitably crocks a few games into the new season.

If you think Ryan T is a better right-back than Danny Simpson then you either haven't been at the away games when RT has played there or Simpson is truly gash.

Guest Heneage

Matthew Upson is England's third best central defender after Arsenal loaned him out constantly.

No he is not. Upson is not even in the top 5.

Matthew Upson is England's third best central defender after Arsenal loaned him out constantly.

Only Terry, Ferdinand, and Jagielka are definitely better. King and Woodgate are too injury prone. Others are declining.

If you need evidence that you cannot decide on a player at 22, look at Chelsea's best player, Drogba. Where was he at 22? I'd definitely give the Seychelles Superstar a chance if Chelsea offer him to us.

Guest Heneage

Only Terry, Ferdinand, and Jagielka are definitely better. King and Woodgate are too injury prone. Others are declining.

If you need evidence that you cannot decide on a player at 22, look at Chelsea's best player, Drogba. Where was he at 22? I'd definitely give the Seychelles Superstar a chance if Chelsea offer him to us.

You said Upson is the third best then say he's behind Terry, Ferdinand, and Jagielka ???

As for the comparison to Drogba. To mention Upson I also mention Stephen Hughes who played 50 games for Arsenal then faded into nothingness. I stand by my opinion that Mancienne will not be a great player.

Lescott is streets ahead of Upson.

1878 reminded me of Jageilka, Kezman. I had forgotten about his existence. I think Lescott has been rubbish this season personally. Really had a sharp decline for some reason.

Kezman you can't really tell can you? Beauty of being a football supporter. I personally don't think Mancienne will be "great", but I think he'll be a starter for a team in the higher regions of the Premiership. If Chelsea maintain their status, then I don't think he'll really ever make it there. That's the third best club in the world right now.