Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

NEWCASTLE are being offered two La Liga central defenders as they plan for their return to the Premier League.

United have been made aware that Spain international Pablo Ibanez is available from Atletico Madrid and could also run the rule over Almeria’s Spanish Under-21 starlet Jose Manuel “Chico” Flores.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/04/18/toon-offered-la-liga-duo-as-sam-eyes-carroll-79310-26265069/

Guest MrSundlofer

NEWCASTLE are being offered two La Liga central defenders as they plan for their return to the Premier League.

United have been made aware that Spain international Pablo Ibanez is available from Atletico Madrid and could also run the rule over Almeria’s Spanish Under-21 starlet Jose Manuel “Chico” Flores.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/04/18/toon-offered-la-liga-duo-as-sam-eyes-carroll-79310-26265069/

Clubs are offered players all the time. So probably no truth in this.

But I take them! Both are tall and with José Enrique, Jonás, Coloccini and Xisco in the team they will be welcomed.

Senderos is on a free right?

Hmm, can deliver a clanger at any moment but he's got the credentials I guess. 30 international caps or so and played alot of football for Arsenal when he was younger, any idea how he has done for Everton?

Started one league game. He's 5th choice behind Jags, Heitinga, Distin & Yobo.

He'll leave at the end of the season. I have a feeling Moyes will sell Yobo to raise funds as well, he'd be a good signing for you lot.

Hmm, can deliver a clanger at any moment but he's got the credentials I guess. 30 international caps or so and played alot of football for Arsenal when he was younger, any idea how he has done for Everton?

He'll leave at the end of the season. I have a feeling Moyes will sell Yobo to raise funds as well, he'd be a good signing for you lot.

would that be joseph "what goal am i defending?" yobo as an everton fan friend of mine put it recently

he doesnt rate him

would that be joseph "what goal am i defending?" yobo as an everton fan friend of mine put it recently

he doesnt rate him

He's prone to the odd daft mistake but in general he's a good defender. Been a great servent to us for about 8 years now, far better than the likes of Senderos.

Atiba Hutchinson from FC Copenhagen out of contract this summer. Arguably the best player in the danish league, an amazing central midfielder, that has been used with success as both a winger and attacker. And he has been very good in the champions league as well. He is 27 and wouldn't ask for too much. A perfect free signing IMO.

Atiba Hutchinson from FC Copenhagen out of contract this summer. Arguably the best player in the danish league, an amazing central midfielder, that has been used with success as both a winger and attacker. And he has been very good in the champions league as well. He is 27 and wouldn't ask for too much. A perfect free signing IMO.

Remember him being pretty good a couple of seasons back when FC were in CL with Allback (i think) upfront.

Guest Petay

How realistic do people think Obertan is from Manchester United?  He's certainly a player in a position/s we could use.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think K P Boeteng would be a great signing. After watching him today he would supply the energy our midfield really needs. He's also got some decent quality about him too

he doesnt rate him

He's prone to the odd daft mistake but in general he's a good defender. Been a great servent to us for about 8 years now, far better than the likes of Senderos.

He'd be a great signing for us. Senderos would be decent too.

I'm sure he used to play RB, is he better there or in the middle?

Guest firetotheworks

I think K P Boeteng would be a great signing. After watching him today he would supply the energy our midfield really needs. He's also got some decent quality about him too

He's been totally shite.  :lol:

he doesnt rate him

He'd be a great signing for us. Senderos would be decent too.

I'm sure he used to play RB, is he better there or in the middle?

Do you mean Yobo? I don't think he really has the lungs to play right back the way he used to very early in his career. He was always better in the centre anyway. Would be a very good signing I think. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's a talent defender with a pretty good fitness record and massive Premiership experience. Very good for a side coming up.

Hertha Berlin look like they are going to be relegated (though they've been showing very good form lately) and they do have a few very decent players in their side. Like the look of Raffael (skilful attacking midfielder) and Gojko Kačar (midfield). The latter seemingly has some bigger clubs after him though.

Guest Roger Kint

Hertha Berlin look like they are going to be relegated (though they've been showing very good form lately) and they do have a few very decent players in their side. Like the look of Raffael (skilful attacking midfielder) and Gojko Kačar (midfield). The latter seemingly has some bigger clubs after him though.

On those lines, anyone at Hoffenheim worth bidding for? Their season has turned to dogshit too. Ibsivic(sp?) Ba etc may be worth a shot

On those lines, anyone at Hoffenheim worth bidding for? Their season has turned to dogshit too. Ibsivic(sp?) Ba etc may be worth a shot

OBASI OGBUKE!!!

Maxi Lopez, formerly of Barca, has had a storming second half of the season since moving to the Italian league from South America. Wonder if it would be possible to get him.

Maxi Lopez, formerly of Barca, has had a storming second half of the season since moving to the Italian league South America. Wonder if it would be possible to get him.

Probably wouldn't come cheap. Probably enjoying it at Catania, half their squad is Argentine.

Maxi Lopez, formerly of Barca, has had a storming second half of the season since moving to the Italian league South America. Wonder if it would be possible to get him.

Probably wouldn't come cheap. Probably enjoying it at Catania, half their squad is Argentine.

Hey, we got Argentines too!

I agree with the sentiment that Boateng would be a good signing. If we sign anyone of that quality/potential quality in centre midfield, i will be content come the start of next season.

Senderos is a good shout BTW, how old is he?