Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Kebe from Reading, anyone?

Premiership players plz.

The lad can play, although he's only just turned it on recently. Been watching recent videos of him (specifically) and Reading today for uni purposes and he has been fucking electric. On current form he could play at the top level, but like I said he's only really come to life in the second part of the season. Definitely will be PL clubs sniffing around him this summer.

Most NASA scientists have said that the surface of the Sun is too hot for any man to touch. Kebe defied gravity by traveling through the Earth's atmosphere towards the Sun at a faster speed than the speed of light itself. He then landed on the surface of the sun and ran the circumference of it screaming "Nothing is a match for the Kebe!"

:iamatwat:

Guest Heneage

Premiership players plz.

The lad can play, although he's only just turned it on recently. Been watching recent videos of him (specifically) and Reading today for uni purposes and he has been f***ing electric. On current form he could play at the top level, but like I said he's only really come to life in the second part of the season. Definitely will be PL clubs sniffing around him this summer.

I'm more intrigued by this tbh.

Premiership players plz.

The lad can play, although he's only just turned it on recently. Been watching recent videos of him (specifically) and Reading today for uni purposes and he has been f***ing electric. On current form he could play at the top level, but like I said he's only really come to life in the second part of the season. Definitely will be PL clubs sniffing around him this summer.

I'm more intrigued by this tbh.

There's that journalistic instinct kicking in, you nosey bugger! :colo:

Premiership players plz.

He's an interesting player.

Not your typical build for a footballer. He looks a bit awkward sometimes, this tall, gangly thing going down the wing. When he first signed for them he looked out of his depth but would pull off the odd flash of brilliance. As you said, he's doing it more consistently now and could end up being very good.

He's a good example of a talented player that has taken time to adjust to the demands of English football and to feel comfortable in his surroundings, meaning that he's found confidence hard to come by (that's why we were looking at him, among others, Kez). That could see him stay at Reading like and he probably fits the bill perfectly for a player that would arrive at NUFC and not be able to cope at all well with it. Seems like he's fast becoming a cult hero down there at the moment. Definitely has the physical and technical attributes to play higher up though, and be a very useful asset as well.

Premiership players plz.

The lad can play, although he's only just turned it on recently. Been watching recent videos of him (specifically) and Reading today for uni purposes and he has been fucking electric. On current form he could play at the top level, but like I said he's only really come to life in the second part of the season. Definitely will be PL clubs sniffing around him this summer.

Would prefer Gyllfi Sigurdsson.

How many swap deals have gone through in recent memory? I barely see it but always hear one about to take place.

Gallas & Cole is the only one I can really think of recently. (Cole & Gillespie a lot further back mind)

We got Taylor as part of the Insomnia deal.

How many swap deals have gone through in recent memory? I barely see it but always hear one about to take place.

Seol and Rosenior between Fulham and Reading if im not mistaken.

It's much more common in Spain and Italy (Eto'o part of Zlatan deal one example).

Seol and Rosenior between Fulham and Reading if im not mistaken.

It's much more common in Spain and Italy (Eto'o part of Zlatan deal one example).

Well, they probably happen a bit more often but they are not really *that* common. I think there's more talk about them than anything. What happens is that player agents hate these kind of deals since they get a much lesser cut (that's why Eto'o didn't want to go to Inter unless he got a sign on fee, and is currently suing Barça for a cut of the transfer).

Any Barca strikers, midfielders, right backs aged 20-22 not going to get the Barca team, but could be good in the PL either as a loan or a reasonable permanent deal?

In other words of Enrique's ability.

Not really. We don't have any good rightback in the youth squad. Rochina and Bojan (strikers) aren't going anywhere so soon, same with Dos Santos or Thiago (centremids), the others that we are going to offload I don't think are good enough for top level.

The only players with a decent amount of quality that I see us selling are Botía, who I see doing a job in a lower half Premiership team. He's a strong centreback, can also play as DM. Currently on loan at Sporting where he's having a decent season. We could probably sell Jeffren too, but I don't think he would be of much use to you, he's very much a La Liga player.

Hleb is still our player too... probably an "anciènne régime" signing though (big name, high wages, possibly past it).

Guest Heneage

I actually  think Caceres would do well in the Premier League, it's just his mental game that's weak, his technique is good and he's quite nippy. He'd be a huge upgrade on Simpson.