Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Why would Spurs sell him?

Young.  Unproven.  I don't think he's exactly a hero there yet.  I asked one of the Spurs subs what his full name was, and he said he only knew him as 'Jay'.  Genuinely think the guy could be a real talent if nurtured right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297855/New-25-man-Premier-League-squad-rule-big-earners-sitting-out.html

This 25 man squad rule will shock some managers. I think we should swoop in the last two weeks of the window, when Mancini, Ancelotti etc. realise they have too many players. They'll panic and we can take advantage of this.

i'd like to see that number come down to 21 or 22 in time.

Should be fun when we get the usual 6-7 injuries at the same time.

There's no limit on youngsters though. Good rule IMO.

Totally agree Dave - will make things into a more level playing field, but there will be an even greater scramble to get the best youngsters - Vuckic could be a major target for bigger clubs if he maintains improvement.

Esp as at the end of this season Vuckic will be classed as home grown.

another half season i think

He would become HG after 3 seasons or 36 months. So we were both wrong as he joined us on On 16 January 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297855/New-25-man-Premier-League-squad-rule-big-earners-sitting-out.html

This 25 man squad rule will shock some managers. I think we should swoop in the last two weeks of the window, when Mancini, Ancelotti etc. realise they have too many players. They'll panic and we can take advantage of this.

i'd like to see that number come down to 21 or 22 in time.

Should be fun when we get the usual 6-7 injuries at the same time.

There's no limit on youngsters though. Good rule IMO.

Totally agree Dave - will make things into a more level playing field, but there will be an even greater scramble to get the best youngsters - Vuckic could be a major target for bigger clubs if he maintains improvement.

Esp as at the end of this season Vuckic will be classed as home grown.

another half season i think

He would become HG after 3 seasons or 36 months. So we were both wrong as he joined us on On 16 January 2009.

I thought it was 4 years? Probably wrong like, as I have no idea where I got that number.

Mancienne would be a great purchase if he wants to leave Chelsea.

Would definitely improve us at RB/DM. He needs to settle where he wants to play though otherwise he is going to end up being a jack of all trades, master of none.

A lot of you watch obscure football, has anyone heard of Ighli Vannucchi?

I vaguely remember him for Empoli. Attacking midfielder, good passer and technique.

Basically the archetypal European #10.

Any reason ?

A lot of you watch obscure football, has anyone heard of Ighli Vannucchi?

I vaguely remember him for Empoli. Attacking midfielder, good passer and technique.

Basically the archetypal European #10.

Any reason ?

In talks with an English club.

Yeah, probably. Wondered who he is/whether he'd work in  League One tbh.

In Serie B atm, but played at a consistent level in Serie A for a bit. I don't know about his current quality, but I'd hasten to guess he'd be a class above League 1.

Know nothing of the new player, but Papa Waigo is insanely poor at his job and managed to be an effective player in that league.

Wasn't too much more than an impact player at the end, albeit a ridiculously effective one for that league. Missed more than he scored/hit more shit crosses than good ones/frustrated completely etc.