Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Where did you get that from Kint?

google 'transfer rumours' the first hit it should be, theres loads of mental ones, always good for a giggle. Cant remember the exact link like ;D

shut up you kint

Thats very funny, shame its been done already. You might as well have used a 'u' though, the selective moderation wont care

If we could sign that Wembley crossbar we are in with a chance of a respectable score line against Chelsea next season.

Best defensive performance i think we've ever turned in was against Chelsea last time we were 'down the Bridge'

If we could sign that Wembley crossbar we are in with a chance of a respectable score line against Chelsea next season.

Best defensive performance i think we've ever turned in was against Chelsea last time we were 'down the Bridge'

It was so good. Bassong was brilliant that day.

Some Koren stats

Goals last season: 5

Assists last season: 3

Games played: 34

Captain of Slovenian national team

From ESPN

Strengths: He is a creative player, comfortable in possession and with decent goal-scoring ability.

Weaknesses: His tackling ability has been called into question and he lacks aggression in the centre of the field.

Guest DarkSchneider

We have Nolan, Barton, Guthrie playing in that role. IMO he wouldn't come if not to take 1st team spot and that is very unlikely. He's the captain of our national team so he neds to play. And I wouldn't pick him in front of those 3 mentioned before. He doesn't offer anything special.

Guest toonlass

Luke Young & Curtis Davies would significantly improve our defence. With Bouma being released too thats 4 FB's Martin O'Neill is getting rid off, he really doesn't like them does he? Him and Maradona must share tactics.

I think the only FB he plays is Warnock on the left and plays Cuellar as a RB.

Did something similar at Celtic too.  Weird.

When were Warnock and Cuellar ever at Celtic?

Guest Stephen927

Luke Young & Curtis Davies would significantly improve our defence. With Bouma being released too thats 4 FB's Martin O'Neill is getting rid off, he really doesn't like them does he? Him and Maradona must share tactics.

He means he favoured playing centre backs in the full back positions even at Celtic.

He means he favoured playing centre backs in the full back positions even at Celtic.

G

I remember him always having very attacking wing backs- Bobby Petta, Agathe, Steve Guppy?

G

I remember him always having very attacking wing backs- Bobby Petta, Agathe, Steve Guppy?

Didn't Celtic used to play with wingbacks like his Leicester team?

Lol bobby petta played here in Adelaide for a while ... And wasn't good enough so he played for one of the local clubs here. Nice guy he was though. Anyway- I always thought Koren was one of the stars of west brom. Bit lightweight in my opinion but always seemed to chip in with goals.

Since the rise of lee chung yong we should try some of the younger korean generation - lee seung ryul scored a nice goal yesterday and looks a tidy winger/forward. Won't cost heaps and is only 21.

Im also a huge fan of chin dae se who is the main striker for north korea. 

Lol bobby petta played here in Adelaide for a while ... And wasn't good enough so he played for one of the local clubs here. Nice guy he was though. Anyway- I always thought Koren was one of the stars of west brom. Bit lightweight in my opinion but always seemed to chip in with goals.

Since the rise of lee chung yong we should try some of the younger korean generation - lee seung ryul scored a nice goal yesterday and looks a tidy winger/forward. Won't cost heaps and is only 21.

I know these spelling of Korean names are phonetic, so is this the same guy known as Jong Tae-Se?

I've heard good things about him...he's been linked with moves to Europe in the past.

I know these spelling of Korean names are phonetic, so is this the same guy known as Jong Tae-Se?

I've heard good things about him...he's been linked with moves to Europe in the past.

yeah my iPhone corrects spelling without me knowing- sneaky bugger. Yeah very strong for an Asian - in my view as close to a typical English centre forward you can get in Asia. Could have played for south korea - if he did, korea would have had an awesome partnership with park chu Yong I reckon. He even has an aggressive competitive  streak (see recent melb victory match) which I think is great as it shows passion. I think he would be smart Enoch as a player to play alongside big andy c.