Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest BooBoo

It's guess work but I wouldn't imagine Fat Twat agreeing to any incoming players to be on anymore than 20k a week.

I've said before though, I reckon no new signings come the start of the season and then a few loans in the last week of August.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm confused where this opinion that Benjani is a good striker has came from. He's like Martins and Shola in one player - not necessarily the good bits either.

I'm confused where this opinion that Benjani is a good striker has came from. He's like Martins and Shola in one player - not necessarily the good bits either.

Took the words from my mouth. We definitely need another striker but not Benjani ffs.

Petrov would be good though on decent wages

Guest Roger Kint

Petrov is 30 isnt he? Plays in one of the few positions we arent desperate for new bodies too, £40k+ a week squad player isnt apealing to Fat Ash

Reading The Guardian's World Cup preview booklet, Tommy Oar is mentioned as a player who could help regain stability in the Premier League. I believe he's an Aussie playing for Utrecht, but other  than that I know nothing of him, and wonder why the Guardian mentioned our name with his

18 year old Australian winger who is apparently meant to be the next Harry Kewell.

He had a good couple of seasons in the Australian A-League for Brisbane Roar and then obviously moved to Utrecht as stated above. He also missed the cut for the final 23 man squad for the WC.

An excellent talent and I feel Verbeek made a big mistake not including him, from what I saw last night. I mentioned to someone on this forum a couple of months ago that Oar will be highly sought after and they said they would contact the club. Apparently, Utrecht beat a whole host of european clubs to his signature. One to watch for the future.

Yeah ive gotta agree here. SURELY a better option than Richard Garcia as a back up winger who looks like absolute crap at the moment. They do play on opposite flanks though so there goes my opinion...

I wouldnt have picked Garcia in the first place, to be honest and I think they should have also included Carle. I thought the Yanks looked really dangerous on the counter and made our much heralded defence look ordinary however, I think England will easily beat them because their defence looked crap as well.

Nicky Carle has caught my eye a few times playing for Bristol City & Palace. I was a bit surprised he seemed to be nowhere near getting in the final squad.

He is a good player but for some reason, Verbeek will not give him a chance. I will be glad when Verbeek goes becvause he is too negative for my liking.

Anyway, Carle has returned to Australia and signed for Sydney.

Petrov would last 5-10 games before breaking down and he is into his 30s now. If we don't have much money he would be a ridiculous player to bring in.

Agree. Although I said the same after his lengthy injury last year.. He played a couple of games for the national side and looked awfully slow and disinterested.. when they interviewed him after the game, he straight up admitted that he's depressed and disillusioned with football and even said that he considers retiring.. several months later, Mancini arrived and Petrov was flying until he got another injury.. we should stay clear

Some murmurs John carver could be coming back, most likely as a coach.

I like him, think he'd be a good person to have around the club again.

gave me free drink when i was 15 :thup:

did he also give you drugs and try to get you into bed ?

oops no, that was someone else who very conveniently gets forgotten about in the press.

oops no, that was someone else who very conveniently gets forgotten about in the press.

Graham Rix?

Guest GAMMELL

Graham Rix?

fuckin loved that manic street preachers chant about Rix

Guest palnese

Graham Rix?

If you tolerate RIX, then your children will be next.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

TT, I sometimes think you're on satellite delay when you post.

Guest GAMMELL

Graham Rix?

If you tolerate RIX, then your children will be next.

:lol: O0