Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

If we go snooping around the relegated teams, i'd hope we don't sign in bulk from them. Maybe one, but no more. We don't want to add to a squad of first-teamers that are fresh from a relegation themselves. If we don't do a lot of business in the summer, one thing will keep us up, and that's the team spirit. The mental aspect of the squad is going to be absolutely enormous next season.

Mokeona, Boateng, belhadj from Pompy

Mokoena is turboshit mush

Belhadj is off to Russia

Boateng will be off before we get in there.

Im surprised Mokoena still plays in the Prem.

Cheeky 2 million bid for Beattie anyone?

Guest Stephen927

If we go snooping around the relegated teams, i'd hope we don't sign in bulk from them. Maybe one, but no more. We don't want to add to a squad of first-teamers that are fresh from a relegation themselves. If we don't do a lot of business in the summer, one thing will keep us up, and that's the team spirit. The mental aspect of the squad is going to be absolutely enormous next season.

Depends on the individual, some are effected much more than others. I'm not convinced it should be much of a factor, if they have the ability and are available at the right price then it's a no-brainer. Most of the squads at the bottom are filled with the type of player that is of Championship standard anyways.

Mokeona, Boateng, belhadj from Pompy

Mokoena is turboshit mush

Belhadj is off to Russia

Boateng will be off before we get in there.

Im surprised Mokoena still plays in the Prem.

Cheeky 2 million bid for Beattie anyone?

He's looked tenacious enough when ive seen him, not that he's brilliant or anything but would win us the ball in midfield

id have a look at fletcher at burnley, looked good in a shit team

Guest Stephen927

Burnley: Fletcher, Eagles

Hull: Altidore (from Villareal, I know), possibly Hunt

Portsmouth: O'Hara (Spurs)

West Ham: Noble, Behrami, Diamanti, Collison

They are the players from the possible relegated teams I'd look at and who are attainable.

Burnley: Fletcher, Eagles

Hull: Altidore (from Villareal, I know), possibly Hunt

Portsmouth: O'Hara (Spurs)

West Ham: Noble, Behrami, Diamanti, Collison

They are the players from the possible relegated teams I'd look at and who are attainable.

For Me, Id say

Burnley: Nugent, Eagles, Fletcher

Hull: Hunt, Bullard, Geovanni

Pompey: O'hara, KP-Boateng

West Ham: None, Extremely average players play at West Ham, perhaps the only decent one is Cole.

Players I think we should look at, wouldnt mind seeing them here really.

as long as you take the best from teams down there it shouldnt be a problem. you could easily cobble together a side worthy of the euro spots from players at relegation threatened sides.

i'd want 2 strikers, a central midfielder, a versatile creative player, and either a centre-half or a rb depending on where we play Taylor.

strikers - Don't think any of our bunch are good enough - shola looks magnificent in this division yet we know how he is a division up. he's also extremely unreliable. loven doesnt have enough to his game but can be a decent backup. carroll is too raw to lead the line all year imo, even in this division he's struggled in the majority of games, despite having an excellent run recently. however he is a good option to call on and id expect him to play around 25 games, if only as sub in many matches. ranger and best should not be at the club next season, the former out on loan, the latter sold.

I think we need some pace up top, it's hugely important in the premiership. Dindane from pompey or whoever holds his registration, for £3m, could do a job for the next couple of years, then can be replaced once we're established. wanting to spend bigger than diego costa from valladolid is a good direct striker. Chucho Benitez might not be signing for brum so i'd go for him if mcleish passes up, but i dont think he will. to hold the ball up top we should get hamburg's guerrero on the ferry from amsterdam. he's available on a free and a top player. alternatively steven fletcher could be great. both of those players can bring others into the game and play with backs to goal. as a backup option Klasnic will be available for £1.4m and is a reliable goalscorer, but is more one-dimensional than fletcher or guerrero.

Midfield - next season should have Guthrie, Barton and Nolan, so we need one more player. Nolan can do a job if we recognise him for what he is - a luxury player, a bit like geovanni at hull or milijas at wolves. bring in him as a sub when we need a bit more class, make sure he gets lots of rest etc. guthrie is technically decent but a soft touch. undecided on barton, but if he is sold we'll need another midfielder to replace him, someone like scharner who would come in on a free. think we need a dominant player in there - o'hara is a busy, aggressive player but lacks class for me, same with someone like diame from wigan or guedouria who's on loan at wolves atm. if we want to spend big someone like alex witsel moussa sissoko or jack collison could fit in. emana is another who might be available, but is more attacking.

out wide and in terms of creativity we need another option - chris eagles is versatile and would challenge both jonas and routledge. lee from bolton is less versatile but very intelligent.

in defence i'd stick taylor at rb, have simpson as backup and look for another central defender to go with kadar, colo and williamson. out of all the centre halves we have none of them has a huge amount of recovery pace so i'd look for someone quick. ashley williams at swansea impressed me this season but i'd prefer to go for more proven prem quality. all of our lot have big questions marks over whether they can do it next season.

as long as you take the best from teams down there it shouldnt be a problem. you could easily cobble together a side worthy of the euro spots from players at relegation threatened sides.

On paper you could, aye. On paper our side was good enough for the top 8 last year. It's not just about their 'external' ability, if you like, with the football though it's a mental thing aswell. I'd really rather steer clear from players who have just been relegated.

On paper you could, aye. On paper our side was good enough for the top 8 last year. It's not just about their 'external' ability, if you like, with the football though it's a mental thing aswell. I'd really rather steer clear from players who have just been relegated.

our entire squad just got relegated, man. i dont think it matters. if our team spirit is as good as they say, which i doubt, then new additions should be able to slot right in.

Guest Stephen927

our entire squad just got relegated, man. i dont think it matters. if our team spirit is as good as they say, which i doubt, then new additions should be able to slot right in.

:nods:

Would Benni McCarthy be worth a look on a one year deal? Would fancy him to get around 8-10 goals.

:o

Have you seen him for West Ham recently? More importantly have you seen his gut?!

Horrible move imo. We need some fresh players with life in their bodies please.

Guest Schmocky

darren gibson from man utd, could be a loan for the season if he's not going to break into their team next season liked the look of him when he has played.

darren gibson from man utd, could be a loan for the season if he's not going to break into their team next season liked the look of him when he has played.

That would be a cracking move, but I think its less and less realistic as he's now being used more often by Man United in big games.

Stay clear of relegated players because of their mental state? :lol: If they're good players, they're good players - no other team avoids them because of it. I think it's our best chanceof strengthening.

Johnson from City? They're only going to strengthen further in the summer pushing him further down the pecking list. We'd still need to invest in someone more heavy weight in alongside him but he's a very tricky player.

I think definitely Carlton Cole as well as long as West Ham go down otherwise he'd probably cost too much. And then I think a right back, probably from abroad as looking at what we can get in the PL or CC wouldn't be good enough or cost effective. Not sure who but we do need to make another shrewd signing at RB to even out the wings then we should be quite strong down the flanks next season which will stand us in good stead.

I think a Barton/Guthrie CM pairing should be our sub pairing. We need a ball winner and a good centre mid provider to make things that bit tighter.

....all that may cost a bit mind.

Cleverley on a season long loan would be canny. Would hopefully blossom playing at a much higher standard than he currently is at Watford. Would love Van Aanholt back on a similar deal to provide cover for Enrique. Miles Addison from Derby wouldn't be a bad signing either. Especially if Taylor leaves.

David Bentley?

Johnson from City? They're only going to strengthen further in the summer pushing him further down the pecking list. We'd still need to invest in someone more heavy weight in alongside him but he's a very tricky player.

Looking at him now, I don`t think there`d be any worries in that regard.

http://i42.tinypic.com/zxup.jpg