Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Macheda (Loan) / Fletcher / Sturridge (loan)

Cleverly (Loan) / Wilshere (Loan) / Eagles / O'hara / Keven-Prince Boateng / Hutton / Fox (backup)

Dont think id go near the rest tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Considering our transfer policy is to sign players under the age of 26 with a potential profitable resale value, i don't think the club would either.

True, most the options i deleted are more than a little suspect in terms of wages/fitness anyway. That and plain madness thinking they would come too ;D

Well we could probably get Fletcher, Scharner and larsson for a combined £3m.

Sell shola, Smith, best and one of Nolan or Barton and we are possibly left with £30m to sign 3 midfielders a forward and a defender. That should be enough for the first season back and we could loan out a few of the youngsters (ranger, kadar, vuckic, lua lua. .....

I don't think it's that far fetched.

Well we could probably get Fletcher, Scharner and larsson for a combined £3m.

Sell shola, Smith, best and one of Nolan or Barton and we are possibly left with £30m to sign 3 midfielders a forward and a defender. That should be enough for the first season back and we could loan out a few of the youngsters (ranger, kadar, vuckic, lua lua. .....

I don't think it's that far fetched.

Hopefully we could get a couple of million for Xisco as well

Considering our transfer policy is to sign players under the age of 26 with a potential profitable resale value, i don't think the club would either.

True, most the options i deleted are more than a little suspect in terms of wages/fitness anyway. That and plain madness thinking they would come too ;D

Which ones? Perhaps Yakubu and SWP are a tad step too far, but I can see the rest being realistic.

Guest Roger Kint

Which ones? Perhaps Yakubu and SWP are a tad step too far, but I can see the rest being realistic.

They were the two, feel Keane as well due to halving his wages, Beye i would like to think has the decency never to come back even if we stupidly asked him.

As for worrying about Colo, he's dealt with equally good strikers at international level (by all accounts he was very good at right-back against Spain this season) and in La Liga. I'm happy to put season one down to bedding in and simply poor form and give him a clean slate as far as the Premier League's concerned.

Exactly. Anyone see his masterclass on Iniesta? Not a powerful striker but a quick, extremely tricky and supremely intelligent footballer. Colo has never ever had problems dealing with sheer pace, it's the power/pace combo where he struggled. But it's not like that was even exposed that often by those particular attributes. Someone tell me in which games was he obviously physically pummelled and it led to a goal? I can think of the Stoke game where Fuller turned him but any others? The only oher terrible game Colo had was against Liverpool where he was outdone by some poor positional sense which was probably down to his naivety of the English game.

Colo's main flaw last season was his apparent lack of heart, he seemed to give up on causes that weren't necessarily lost and he just didn't seem motivated to do well. Next season should see that dispelled though, he could have generally fallen for the club now a la Enrique.

Kevin Prince Boateng apparently available for £5 million. It would be rude not to at that price.

We should go for his half-brother Jerome Boateng of Hamburg. Very quick defender and can play as a right back as well as centre back.

Kevin Prince Boateng seems more realistic, though.

As for worrying about Colo, he's dealt with equally good strikers at international level (by all accounts he was very good at right-back against Spain this season) and in La Liga. I'm happy to put season one down to bedding in and simply poor form and give him a clean slate as far as the Premier League's concerned.

Exactly. Anyone see his masterclass on Iniesta? Not a powerful striker but a quick, extremely tricky and supremely intelligent footballer. Colo has never ever had problems dealing with sheer pace, it's the power/pace combo where he struggled. But it's not like that was even exposed that often by those particular attributes. Someone tell me in which games was he obviously physically pummelled and it led to a goal? I can think of the Stoke game where Fuller turned him but any others? The only oher terrible game Colo had was against Liverpool where he was outdone by some poor positional sense which was probably down to his naivety of the English game.

Colo's main flaw last season was his apparent lack of heart, he seemed to give up on causes that weren't necessarily lost and he just didn't seem motivated to do well. Next season should see that dispelled though, he could have generally fallen for the club now a la Enrique.

Yeah, agreed. Think Colo is a classy defender who just needs to be partnered with someone who is a bit more of a brute.

Actually, I didn't see too much of him before he came to Newcastle, but understand he's a pretty decent defensive midfielder also. Could this be another posssibility for us next season? Considering we actually have no defensive midfielders at the moment!

Kevin Prince Boateng apparently available for £5 million. It would be rude not to at that price.

We should go for his half-brother Jerome Boateng of Hamburg. Very quick defender and can play as a right back as well as centre back.

Jerome Boaezeeeee was being linked with Man U and Man City the other day, so not sure we have a chance with that one.

Jerome Boaezeeeee was being linked with Man U and Man City the other day, so not sure we have a chance with that one.

£12m to City is supposed to the rumour. Chelsea also having a sniff.

I think he will still be looking at Championship players or end of their career prem players, the transfer kitty is a worry but akso how much he is going to  allow to go onto the wage bill.

We used to get BIG player because we offered BIG wages that won't be happening anymore now.

Anyone be willing to take Beye back ? I am sure he would love to return & he don't get a sniff at Villa.

£12m to City is supposed to the rumour. Chelsea also having a sniff.

Oh, didn't know he is that wanted.

I think he will still be looking at Championship players or end of their career prem players, the transfer kitty is a worry but akso how much he is going to  allow to go onto the wage bill.

We used to get BIG player because we offered BIG wages that won't be happening anymore now.

Anyone be willing to take Beye back ? I am sure he would love to return & he don't get a sniff at Villa.

Beye would get a lot of stick for bailing. Too old as well.

Beye would get a lot of stick for bailing. Too old as well.

I really hope we won't resign Beye. He went on because he wanted to leave us and him coming back now would be bad for team morale.

I hope we won't resign any player who left us after relegation.

If we are to make the most of the money we have, we should be looking to foreign markets. Hopefully our scout will have been doing work for some time in this area. We are in a far stronger position to sign spanish/south american players due to our trio from spain and i hope we can use this to our advantage in the summer.

I'd also like to think Hughton and Calderwood are taking their wives to South Africa for their holidays this year.