Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Darren Gibson on loan?

Not a chance

Aye hes only starting/scoring in Champions League Qtr Finals, only Man Utd players we would realistically get are Welbeck/Macheda/Tosic/Fabio or one of the reserves who dont get near the team(obviosly depending on who Fergie buys in the Summer)

Atleast with the way we're set up currently, i am 99% certain no more Luques or Boumsongs are going to bought in the summer.  I would be happy with a number of 1 million pound signings in the mould of Mike Williamson, who has been immense value for money imo.

We'll need a bit more than that tbh. Theres a happy medium without being stupid (Owen, Luque, Boumsong) and without just shopping in the Kwiksave. We should be looking at good value, and that can come from players around the £5million mark too. There arent many £1million players who are a success in the Premier League.

I'm curious to whether we could attract another Argentina international?  with Jonas and Colo it may help bring another here.  Colo has an Italian passport so we can afford to have another South American here.

Is there any we could realistically get? if so who?

Players based at European clubs being much cheaper than British based players isn't as true as it once was. The Pound is worth around 1.14 Euro at the moment. It used to be worth around 1.50 Euro per Pound. That makes a big difference to a transfer fee. It also affects the wages a European based player is happy to accept.

The new 50% rate of income tax won't help either. It's on incomes of £150k plus a year. Most premiership footballers will be paying full tax after the first month  :undecided:

I'm curious to whether we could attract another Argentina international?  with Jonas and Colo it may help bring another here.  Colo has an Italian passport so we can afford to have another South American here.

I liked Boselli at the Club World Cup quite a bit, but that's all I have seen of him. He's been linked to Birmingham, who I assume you can still outmuscle?

Otherwise, you can try with Messi's cousins  :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Biancucchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxi_Biancucchi

Guest Roger Kint

Bernard Mendy will be a free transfer if Hull go down as he has a clause in his contract. Worth it for back up? Havent seen much of Hull this year to know how he is playing......or even if he is :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

I had a dream we signed alan Hutton and eidar gudjonson! Canny dream that like.

:kinnear:

Your dream started great though ;D

I liked Boselli at the Club World Cup quite a bit, but that's all I have seen of him. He's been linked to Birmingham, who I assume you can still outmuscle?

Otherwise, you can try with Messi's cousins  :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Biancucchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxi_Biancucchi

Prices of £10-12m are being banded about for him. Don't rate him personally.

Not an Argentine international but Gary Medel (Chile). Watch out for him in the world cup. Very good defensive midfielder.

Marcos Angeleri (Estudiantes), a right back who has been called up numerous times for Argentina.

Jose Sosa (central midfielder). Actually a Bayern player but was`t getting much of a look in there. Went back to Arg on loan and has managed to play himself into a few Argentina squads. Unlikely to get in ahead of the current Bayern midfielders on his return.

Nicolas Gaitan (Boca) - attacking midfielder. Huge talent but I guess bigger clubs might be sniffing around for him if he becomes available....

If Roque Santa Cruz becomes available and we aren`t sticking to the 15k a week wage ceiling, would be worth a punt IMO.

Have watched a lot of S.American qualifiers and sometimes league highlights so know a few things. I don`t get my info from  FM ;).

S.America is worth looking at IMO and many would be not be demanding 50k a week like European based established players.

Not an Argentine international but Gary Medel (Chile). Watch out for him in the world cup. Very good defensive midfielder.

Marcos Angeleri (Estudiantes), a right back who has been called up numerous times for Argentina.

Jose Sosa (central midfielder). Actually a Bayern player but was`t getting much of a look in there. Went back to Arg on loan and has managed to play himself into a few Argentina squads. Unlikely to get in ahead of the current Bayern midfielders on his return.

Nicolas Gaitan (Boca) - attacking midfielder. Huge talent but I guess bigger clubs might be sniffing around for him if he becomes available....

If Roque Santa Cruz becomes available and we aren`t sticking to the 15k a week wage ceiling, would be worth a punt IMO.

Have watched a lot of S.American qualifiers and sometimes league highlights so know a few things. I don`t get my info from  FM ;)

On a seperate note can't believe Godoy Cruz are up the top of the table in the Clausura in Arg. That league is crazy, unless you a team is playing Tucuman all the games could go either way.

I had a dream we signed alan Hutton and eidar gudjonson! Canny dream that like.

I had a dream that Cheryl Cole sat on my face. Now THAT was a good dream!

Soon turned into a nightmare when you realised she had a spicy bean burger earlier on.

Guest Roger Kint

Theres no £15k ceiling man :facepalm:

Have watched a lot of S.American qualifiers and sometimes league highlights so know a few things. I don`t get my info from  FM ;)

On a seperate note can't believe Godoy Cruz are up the top of the table in the Clausura in Arg. That league is crazy, unless you a team is playing Tucuman all the games could go either way.

yeah. Actually it`s nice to see a few clubs other than Boca/River vie for the title in recent seasons. Lanus, Estudiantes, Huracan, Banfield, Newells have either won or been close to winning the clausura/apetura.  The 90`s and early 2000`s was all Boca/River which was a bit boring.

Guest Roger Kint

A 15k wage cap in the prem! Good luck staying up :lol:

Exactly, from suggestions of Ireland, Bellamy, Keane etc to that :mackems:

Guest Roger Kint

Theres no £15k ceiling man :facepalm:

i'm sure i read about a £30k limit a few weeks back

Thats far more realistic but its still speculation, theres players in Arsenals and Man Utds squads under that  ;D