Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Just before Xisco's fan club come hanging out his arse remember when he faking & forcing his move away:

United were left with just one fit striker – rookie Nile Ranger – going into their Bank Holiday game against Leicester after Xisco reported for training nine days ago complaining of a groin injury.

When he spoke to reporters that day, Xisco said he would be sidelined for two weeks or more, rendering him redundant during Newcastle’s injury crisis.

But having then signed for Santander last Monday, he took part in a full training session with his new team-mates on Wednesday morning.

How the hell would Sky sports news, or any of the rags for that matter know exactly how much we have to spend? They never seem to get any information on any other clubs transfer budgets. Whatg a load of balls.  :rolleyes:

It is part of the spinning Del does off the record so everyone thinks we have 50p to spend then when we spend more Ash looks sweet.

It's quite clear Xisco will be off anyway, probably on loan again until we run down his contract. He was bought for 5M which could raise to 7M subject to conditions, him playing a certain amount of league games means we'll probably have to pay another 2M, for a player who's rather dreadful. I remember when we had an injury crisis under Kinnear, he said that he only had 1 fit striker in Shola Ameobi, when Xisco was fit too, so obviously our managers last season we're under instructions from the powers that be not to play him, it wouldnt surprise me if Hughton was told he was off limits too.

He'll go in the summer, weather it's for a minimal fee or back out on loan to whoever wants him, certainly cant see the club wanting to pay another 2M for a bit part palyer.

Guest Roger Kint

Do you reckon Ruben Yttergård Jenssen would be a good shout? Captain of Norway's U21 team.

P.S. He's young. Just how Ashley likes them. :naughty:

Love that you tell us the captain of an under 21 team is young ;D

Where does he play? Am not too good with Scandinavian leagues

Do you reckon Ruben Yttergård Jenssen would be a good shout? Captain of Norway's U21 team.

P.S. He's young. Just how Ashley likes them. :naughty:

Love that you tell us the captain of an under 21 team is young ;D

Where does he play? Am not too good with Scandinavian leagues

Tromsø in the Tippeligaen

Selling Raylor would be a mistake. We'd get no more than £3m for him for a start. He's probably our best set piece taker with the exception of Guthrie and provides cover for Simpson and Routledge. With that £15m it's obvious to me what we need.

Cover at LB (ideally can play at CB as well) we have Kadar, but should someone like Van Aanholt in on loan ideally (although Chelsea probably want him to play first-team football). Van Aanholt looked an interesting player to me. Relatively good defensively, fast and a good crosser of the ball. Could be available for £3-4 million? Ryan Bertrand is a free agent this summer, he's looked good for Reading this season, can play LB/LW.

I've been to a couple of Watford games this season and Ross Jenkins stood out both times. According to FM he is also a free this summer and I can't find anything about him signing a new contract. He's a creative midfielder but does get stuck in and tackle when he needs to. Would be a great replacement for the useless Butt.

We've got plenty of target men and don't need Best. Can see us getting some kind of return on him, maybe £350k or so. We need a fast technical striker, not necessarily someone who is going to score 15 goals next season, but someone who will cause problems and create. I reckon Martin Paterson of Burnley could do a job for us probably available for £2m.

We are a newly-promoted club, these are the sort of players we are going to have to go for. Talk of Berbatov and Luis Suarez is shocking tbh.

Selling Raylor would be a mistake. We'd get no more than £3m for him for a start. He's probably our best set piece taker with the exception of Guthrie and provides cover for Simpson and Routledge. With that £15m it's obvious to me what we need.

Cover at LB (ideally can play at CB as well) we have Kadar, but should someone like Van Aanholt in on loan ideally (although Chelsea probably want him to play first-team football). Van Aanholt looked an interesting player to me. Relatively good defensively, fast and a good crosser of the ball. Could be available for £3-4 million? Ryan Bertrand is a free agent this summer, he's looked good for Reading this season, can play LB/LW.

I've been to a couple of Watford games this season and Ross Jenkins stood out both times. According to FM he is also a free this summer and I can't find anything about him signing a new contract. He's a creative midfielder but does get stuck in and tackle when he needs to. Would be a great replacement for the useless Butt.

We've got plenty of target men and don't need Best. Can see us getting some kind of return on him, maybe £350k or so. We need a fast technical striker, not necessarily someone who is going to score 15 goals next season, but someone who will cause problems and create. I reckon Martin Paterson of Burnley could do a job for us probably available for £2m.

We are a newly-promoted club, these are the sort of players we are going to have to go for. Talk of Berbatov and Luis Suarez is shocking tbh.

While I admit Berbatov and Suarez is absolute crazy talk, surely the Likes of Martin Paterson and Ross Jenkins is setting the bar a bit too low? I'd like to think we settle somewhere in the middle of them two categories. We have to improve the team considerably with 4 or 5 quality additions imo.

I like Ryan Taylor. His general play is nothing special but he's arguably been one of our most productive players this season in the amount of games he's played. Miles better at right back than Simpson in my opinion. If we were to sell anyone, I'd be tempted to get rid of Smith and Best, maybe Barton as well before he inevitably crocks a few games into the new season.

Wonder if Chelsea would allow Sturridge to leave on loan, or if he'd come here. He's clearly not going to figure in Chelsea's first team plans next year, and he's not going to develop by getting a dozen substitute appearances over an entire season.

Might not be the proven goalscorer we need for next season, but he certainly has the talent to develop into one pretty quickly. Might compliment Carroll given that he's small, a slippery customer, and has an element of pace and trickery.

Contract runs out in 2012. Not really a creative midfielder, not even our first choice (behind Lansbury and Eustace) and would not be anything more than a squad figure for you. Needs a bit more time playing first team, though a couple of years down the line he could be a good signing.

Wonder if Chelsea would allow Sturridge to leave on loan, or if he'd come here. He's clearly not going to figure in Chelsea's first team plans next year, and he's not going to develop by getting a dozen substitute appearances over an entire season.

Might not be the proven goalscorer we need for next season, but he certainly has the talent to develop into one pretty quickly. Might compliment Carroll given that he's small, a slippery customer, and has an element of pace and trickery.

looks a big talent sturridge. looked really good playing for man city though this season has put him back a bit. had he gone to a club where he was guaranteed a starting position every week he couldve broken into the england side. hes not small though, i think he's over six foot.

would definitely take him in a season long loan.