Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

We had scouts watching Erik Huseklepp today according to TV2.

Not one for next seasons squad though is he, more "one for the future"?

He is 25, how long should we give it? :D

How long do you plan to give Steven Taylor the same benefit?

We had scouts watching Erik Huseklepp today according to TV2.

Not one for next seasons squad though is he, more "one for the future"?

He is 25, how long should we give it? :D

How long do you plan to give Steven Taylor the same benefit?

I am happy with him tbh (especially at right back), maybe if we start challenging for Europe in a few years we can start to look at better players.

25? He looked about 12 in them pictures when he looked like a munchenburger.

Oh well, is he any good?

Technical player, not a physical one. He's somewhat of an Arshavin-lite as they're both late bloomers. Would regardless improve our squad and provide cover on loads of areas, for a small fee it'd be worth a gamble.

Roberto Soldado linked with Blackburn today for £8m. Now I'd happily spend half the budget on a striker like that.

Yes, infact he crossed my mind the other day, think he'd have the attributes to play well In the Prem. We could a lot worse than raiding Getafe for him and Albin.

If Villa leaves, Valencia are supposedly looking at him as a replacement. Obviously not in the same class as Villa but not many are these days. Swap for Xisco? :D

Lucas Barrios from Borussia Dortmund. He's had a great season.

aye he had some ridiculous scoring record in Chile (49 goals in 53 apps)  before he moved to Europe. Had a pretty slow start with Dortmund but has progressed well. I don't think he is a realistic target though.  He plays in front of 66,000 fans week in week out, his team will probably qualify for Europe next season and we're not paying big wages anymore.

Dindane (free?)

He's still a Lens player and not out of contract.

How about Sacha Kljestan? I've been following his time at Chivas USA and he's a very industrious midfielder and scored a hatrick from USA against Sweeden.

FM legend, not too shabby in real life as well. Wouldn't mind him if we were to add a Yank to our ranks.

How about Sacha Kljestan? I've been following his time at Chivas USA and he's a very industrious midfielder and scored a hatrick from USA against Sweeden.

FM legend, not too shabby in real life as well. Wouldn't mind him if we were to add a Yank to our ranks.

Agree.  If we're talking MLS targets I'd also look at Le Toux from Philly.  Kljestan would be at the top of my list though.

What about Jonjo Shelvey? I realize a lot of bigger teams seem to be interested in him but we would represent a better chance at first team football for him, and at the highest level too.