Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I certainly wouldn't be, not one proven goalcorer in that entire squad.

I honestly couldn't think of one we could realistically get. I also don't see much chance of them buying any strikers, that's how I think our squad will look.

Goals are very expensive. You're not going to get a "proven" goalscorer for less than 10m. You'll have to take gambles. That said, a lot of sides manage to stay up without one (see Bolton, Wolves, probably West Ham...)

Guest Heneage

I honestly couldn't think of one we could realistically get. I also don't see much chance of them buying any strikers, that's how I think our squad will look.

Goals are very expensive. You're not going to get a "proven" goalscorer for less than 10m. You'll have to take gambles. That said, a lot of sides manage to stay up without one (see Bolton, Wolves, probably West Ham...)

Again my squad was taken with some sense of realistic in terms of what I expect our club to try and achieve.

Again my squad was taken with some sense of realistic in terms of what I expect our club to try and achieve.

Was only supporting your point. Getting a proven 10+ goals a season striker will cost you a big chunk of your transfer funds.

Mallorca's president has admitted that administration looks the only way out for the club. Would be a good place to fish in. Although can't think of players that would be a good fit for you (they are either old or you have that role well covered), and Valero is still in contract with WBA.

Champions League and administration?? Sounds like an exciting season....

They have been flirting with disaster for a while now. Mallorca, despite being a classic La Liga side, are very small and with little following.

If the league was running through the summer I'm sure many pissed Brits would pop along for a game or 2. Shame.

I've never seen him played, and only heard of him through FM (yes, I know), but has anyone seen or heard of Romelu Lukaku? Was interested to see what he was like so did a Google search, and he's a 6 foot 4 striker, just 16, and scored 15 in 29 this season and just been called up to the Belgian squad already. I'd imagine much bigger clubs than us are on alert but worth a mention anyway...see, FM does work.

I've never seen him played, and only heard of him through FM (yes, I know), but has anyone seen or heard of Romelu Lukaku? Was interested to see what he was like so did a Google search, and he's a 6 foot 4 striker, just 16, and scored 15 in 29 this season and just been called up to the Belgian squad already. I'd imagine much bigger clubs than us are on alert but worth a mention anyway...see, FM does work.

he's drogba-esqe i think hes to good for us tbh

Guest Heneage

He's mental, born in Belgium so his age is not in question, he's like Altidore but with technique.

Makes you wonder how Belgium don't get anywhere near qualifying for major tournaments really. Kompany, Vermaelen, van Buyten, Defour, Witsel, Fellaini, Hazard...should be threatening the last 8 of major tournaments with that core and yet haven't even made a major tournament since they co-hosted Euro 2000!

Guest Roger Kint

Just thinking with Hamburg looking likely to miss out on Europe this season, their coach is all but sacked, what odds on some of their players as signings? Am not watching the Fulham game so not sure if anyone stands out but they have some middle of the road players who could be available in the summer.

Guerrero was mentioned earlier in this thread, Marcus Berg(does he get a game?) is there too.

Obviously the likes of Elia, Boeteng etc arent an option and Rozenhal doesnt even come into the equation ;D

Makes you wonder how Belgium don't get anywhere near qualifying for major tournaments really. Kompany, Vermaelen, van Buyten, Defour, Witsel, Fellaini, Hazard...should be threatening the last 8 of major tournaments with that core and yet haven't even made a major tournament since they co-hosted Euro 2000!

Thing is, apart from van Buyten all of those players are pretty young. They could conceivably play together at the next Euros & the following World Cup if they get their act together.

Thing is, apart from van Buyten all of those players are pretty young. They could conceivably play together at the next Euros & the following World Cup if they get their act together.

Read something in The Times recently where someone suggested they'll be one of the favourites for the 2014 WC. Maybe taking things a bit too far, but they've got some generation coming through. Add decent players like Verthongen, vanden Borre, Mirallas etc to that and they've got a very capable team.

Just watched the Hamburg game, JP Guererro would be a good addition, maybe not a starter but a very good squad player with bags of potential. Marcus Berg has honestly failed to cut it this season, lots of problems with injuries though, but he needs to prove himself at a higher level than Groningen and the Swedish U21s.

Read something in The Times recently where someone suggested they'll be one of the favourites for the 2014 WC. Maybe taking things a bit too far, but they've got some generation coming through. Add decent players like Verthongen, vanden Borre, Mirallas etc to that and they've got a very capable team.

Just watched the Hamburg game, JP Guererro would be a good addition, maybe not a starter but a very good squad player with bags of potential. Marcus Berg has honestly failed to cut it this season, lots of problems with injuries though, but he needs to prove himself at a higher level than Groningen and the Swedish U21s.

dont forget the manboy lukaku

66/1 to win Euro 2012...might be worth a pound or two now each-way. :lol:

guerrero would get into our first XI easily. going for a free or so someone on this forum said