Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Doesnt really matter now as Wolves arent going down and they would want a profit on a player who cost £6m last summer even if they wanted to sell. Not happening now.

Doyle is a poor mans Dirk Kuyt but I'd still take him in an instant.

Doyle > Kuyt  8 days a week.

Agree completely, if you just look at his stats its not impressive but watching wolves play the amount of times he's able to knock it past a man on the half way line and carry it for long enough to get some support is very impressive. Relieves a massive amount of pressure on the defence and is the springboard for most of their attacks. Think you'd have to part with at least £10 million for him and there'd be some competition as well from the teams challenging for uefa spots so not sure we could get him.

never heard of him , but linked in today's Daily Mail.

Newcastle and Leeds are competing to sign Algerian international defender Walid Cherfa.

The left-back, 24, plays for Spanish club Gimnastic Tarragona, but will be a free agent this summer after rejecting a new contract.

Have a couple friends that support Nàstic. I'll email them asking about him.

They are a midtable Segunda División club, so I wouldn't expect much. Cheap cover I assume.

They answered, according to them this guy has no business in a premiership team since he barely makes the grade for them. Quick, attack minded and with a decent left foot, but very error-prone at the back, and *very* irregular.

players we could get

o'hara

Kevin Doyle

steven hunt

prince boateing

steve finnin

Kyle Naughton

gamsst pederson

tom cleverly

james perch

steven flecher

chris eagles

robbie kean on (loan)unlikely tho

player we could  get

o'hara

Kevin Doyle

steven hunt

prince boateing

steve finning

Kyle Naughton

gamsst pederson

tom cleverly

james perch

steven flecher

Not trying to be smart but did you misspell halve of those players on purpose? :lol:

chriss eagles

robbie kean on (loan)unlinkly tho

Guest Brazilianbob

For goodness sake we arent even back in the EPL and everyone is spouting about making fantasy signings of foreign players for next season.  We don't need any of the expensive dross thats available, just 5 sensible young signings.  I have said previously that I think we should go all out for Charlie Adam at Blackpool, and James Perch from Forest,also Jamie O'Hara, together with Van Aanholt if Chelsea will sell and Dorrans from W Brom if they can be persuaded to part with him, but I suspect he is a player too far.  I reckon we could do worse than sign Nicky Maynard from Bristol city.  Ambrose has also been mentioned for £800k .  Tom Cleverly would be on my list, but quite why people are advocating Kevin Doyle when we have Carroll whom I think will be a revelation next year  and is a far better all round player than Doyle.  All these players are a cut above the general CCC level and should easily cope with the EPL.

Chelsea wont be selling VA as it looks like Bertrand is leaving so he will be the backup to A.Cole. I can see them wanting to play Zhirkov in a more advance role next season.

WBA so far have said they are keeping Dorrans.

But I reckon  the names your chucking into the mix are a lot more likely than some of the posts in this thread

For goodness sake we arent even back in the EPL and everyone is spouting about making fantasy signings of foreign players for next season.  We don't need any of the expensive dross thats available, just 5 sensible young signings.  I have said previously that I think we should go all out for Charlie Adam at Blackpool, and James Perch from Forest,also Jamie O'Hara, together with Van Aanholt if Chelsea will sell and Dorrans from W Brom if they can be persuaded to part with him, but I suspect he is a player too far.  I reckon we could do worse than sign Nicky Maynard from Bristol city.  Ambrose has also been mentioned for £800k .  Tom Cleverly would be on my list, but quite why people are advocating Kevin Doyle when we have Carroll whom I think will be a revelation next year  and is a far better all round player than Doyle.  All these players are a cut above the general CCC level and should easily cope with the EPL.

But we are? ???

Chelsea wont be selling VA as it looks like Bertrand is leaving so he will be the backup to A.Cole. I can see them wanting to play Zhirkov in a more advance role next season.

WBA so far have said they are keeping Dorrans.

But I reckon  the names your chucking into the mix are a lot more likely than some of the posts in this thread

Would take Bertrand as back up to Jose like.

Why does everyone keep mentioning Perch? Have I missed something?

To get you up to speed he had a good 45 mins against Jonas iirc.

Correct.

We were linked with him in Jan n all.