Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Villa have put Curtis Davies, Luke Young, Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell, Nicky Shorey and Habib Beye up for sale.

Source?

Would definitely take Davies, weren't we linked to him in January?

Would take Reo-Coker over Sidwell. Sidwell is too similar to Barton and Guthrie, at least Reo-Coker is relatively athletic and would offer tenacity.

Shorey and Young aren't exactly great. Enrique is far better than Shorey (and he'll want first team football anyway so that won't happen). Would never take Beye back after he left us last season. Young is an interesting proposition, turns 31 in a month but must have played more than 250 Prem games by now - would offer invaluable experience and the back and if probably a better defender than Simpson.

Oh wait, we've got no money to spend this summer.

Maybe we were told we had to sell Beye to get him off the wage bill, knowing full well we'd be loaning Simpson.

Beye were making a fuzz about wanting to leave after the 6-1 game IIRC. I don't want him back.

I love how players like Duff and Beye stated their "commitment" to the cause when we got relegated, but were the first to leave the club when the first offer came in for them.  ;D

Beye is coming to the end of his career, tbh I don't really blame him for wanting to spend the last of it at the highest level possible.

Plus as Nut said, he might have been given a little push.

Guest Heneage

I hold no bitterness with Beye, he made a business decision. In the same way it would not be good business to get an ageing player with an iffy fitness record back to the club.

I love how players like Duff and Beye stated their "commitment" to the cause when we got relegated, but were the first to leave the club when the first offer came in for them.  ;D

All true of course apart from the fact they were the last two to leave.

Guest elbee909

All true of course apart from the fact they were the last two to leave.

And they were sold, of course.  It's hardly like NUFC didn't have some say in whether they stayed or not.

Beye can piss off. Promised to stay and fight for the cause yet left at the first chance. If he had every intention to jump ship fair enough, I wouldnt have a problem, but don't claim otherwise all summer.

Despite being 30, I'd still take Luke Young, better than Simpson and wouldn't command a huge fee/wages. Davies is obviously good enough but I'm not sure he'd come here and paly 2nd fiddle to Colo/Williamson/Taylor meaning we'd have to get rid of one of them 3.

Guest Roger Kint

This is possibly the best transfer rumour ever, how stupid do you have to be to post this rubbish? :facepalm:

12 May 2010 21:39:24

Hull are selling the following players, in a bid to fight off administration:

Boaz Myhill (Blackburn, £1.5m)

Paul McShane (Celtic, £1.25m)

Craig Fagan (West Brom, £1.1m)

Geovanni (Everton, £3m)

Stephen Hunt (Wolves, £2m)

George Boateng (Newcastle, £2m)

Jimmy Bullard (Celtic, £3m)

Daniel Cousin (Newcastle, £2m)

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Sunderland, £3m)

Bernard Mendy (West Brom, £2m)

Peter Halmosi (Hibs, £1.5m)

Kevin Kilbane (Newcastle, £2m)

Richard Garcia (Hibs, £1m)

Steven Mouyokolo (Motherwell, £500,000)

Seyi Olofinjana (Inverness CT, £300,000)

:mackems:

Guest Roger Kint

You posted it though.

What? I saw it and shared it for the comic value, sorry if that was hard to work out like, thought my own words before and after would make that obvious

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Where did you get that from Kint?

google 'transfer rumours' the first hit it should be, theres loads of mental ones, always good for a giggle. Cant remember the exact link like ;D

Guest Roger Kint

sorry

Apology accepted.

???

It's called selective quoting - it's the new 'selective hearing'.

Glad to see you making sense