Lovenkradns

nufcmichael

• 2 weeks later...

TBH Denmark has no one like him right now, he should be making the squad.

That's what I was thinking. Assuming Denmark do indeed play a 4-3-3 with 2 wingers, if that's the case there's got to be room among 5 striker/wingers for Lovenkrands.

Guest firetotheworks

He's not playing in the Premier League, for that alone I don't see him getting picked.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else, but Løvenkrands has told danish media, that he won't go to the world cup. Even if he did make the team. Apparently due to his fathers passing away and him wanting to spend some time with his family in the summer.

Very understandable and it shows what a good professional he is, to keep on banging in goals despite having this hanging over his head.

I can see why he would make that decision as he knows that even if he got to South Africa, he would probably get little/no game time. Might be different if he was close to being a starter.

This is of course my reading of his comments and not something he directly said..

He did say though that he is not retiiring from international football, but with the death of his father and a possible promotion to the premier league, he wants to focus on those two.

Good for him and us really.

Fair play to the lad I say, he probably wanted to be with his family a lot more after he passed away, but was professional and came back to help us out.

:thup: Agreed. It says a lot about him as a professional.

Fair play to the lad I say, he probably wanted to be with his family a lot more after he passed away, but was professional and came back to help us out.

:thup: Agreed. It says a lot about him as a professional.

quite possibly we helped him out aswell if he has formed good friendships here it would help him through it. word from denmark is that he is very happy here after feeling his career had drifted away at schalke.

I think players are all too quick to rule themselves out of world cups and stuff these days.

Its the fucking world cup man ffs.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him there if he gets the call.  They rule themselves out to not get anyone's hopes (their included) up.

"don't worry about calling me up, I won't go anyway" :kinnear:

silly to rule himself out at this time! a lot of things can happen the next couple of month!

to turn down a world cup at age 30 means goodbye to the national team...or at least it should....hope he knows that!

silly silly.....after bendtner his our best striker at the month, wouldn´t be far from the team coz he could be a good partner for bendtner....especially when all other players for the same position isn´t playing at the moment...or have no pace!

:no:

• 6 months later...
Guest Geordiesned

Lovenkrands played 19 minutes for Denmark last night, was dumped from the team today though for tuesdays match against Cyprus.

They named two squads for some reason. He was never going to play midweek.

• 3 months later...