Bridge withdraws from England Squad

Minhosa

Ignore him, man. He wants Krul in goal.

I thought you'd be pining for Bridge.  After all, he's one of the best left backs you've ever seen.  Up there with Maldini.

Has Ronaldo said that or is it a joke?

Personally I think Terry isn't cut out for European level, let alone international plus he is off form. Therefore I'd drop him.

Most of the time the opposition at European level is of a far higher standard than at international level.

I thought you'd be pining for Bridge.  After all, he's one of the best left backs you've ever seen.  Up there with Maldini.

Wait for it, he's just digging through my posts. :thup:

Are you saying you disagree?  That can't be possible, Ronaldo's never wrong.

This has got to be bad for England team morale to be honest.

The choice is do we want better team spirit without Terry in the team, or worse team spirit with Terry in the team.

Personally I think Terry isn't cut out for European level, let alone international plus he is off form. Therefore I'd drop him.

Terry's current form is absolutely dreadful, but the fact is he could be shite in every single game from now to the end of the season & he'd still be in the squad for the World Cup.

Guest Stephen927

It doesn't matter if Bridge plays in the group stages. We could get away with Paul Huntington at left back and still wank all over that group and finish top by a landslide.

As an American, I'm greating disappointed that Bridge won't be playing for England in the World Cup. I'm sure that Slovenian and Algerian Mags will concur.

I'm an Algerian Mag and I strongly disagree.

Wow. Both at your opinion... and my grammar. We greatly disagree.

Bridge has done the right thing. He's not as important as Terry to the national team so what is the point in compromising himself for a relatively worthless position? He has a son to maintain from the same woman who got knocked up by his best mate who was savvy enough to pay for an abortion. Not an easy place to be despite the short-sighted views of the average punter.

Not likely is it though.

No. But it'll be funny as hell.

This. I'm not generally against England, but I can understand why the "Anyone but England" attitude is common.

Is it really that common? I guess in the US it's not so much. Maybe I'm just oblivious. I hear a lot of "Anyone but Italy", but maybe that's just the circles I run in. 

I do enjoy reading the English and Italian press when their national teams fail though.