Watford 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/02/10 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

aye, GG we were shit again.

Elton John bringing out a video?

The day we scored Against Newcastle.

Why do you think it was a while before I came on? I was outside the ground queuing for my copy.

What were you expecting like? We've played like that or worse in the majority of our away games this season.

Nothing spectacular, but a few chances created in open play from the team clear at the top of the league would've been nice, maybe? Or perhaps a few decent passing moves, only a few? Too much to expect from any team that looks to be 'effective' in this league, I guess, the likes of Swansea, WBA, Doncaster etc. play pretty football, but don't grind out the results.

That's right they don't. That's why they can all fuck off and cry into their beer tonight O0

What were you expecting like? We've played like that or worse in the majority of our away games this season.

Nothing spectacular, but a few chances created in open play from the team clear at the top of the league would've been nice, maybe? Or perhaps a few decent passing moves, only a few? Too much to expect from any team that looks to be 'effective' in this league, I guess, the likes of Swansea, WBA, Doncaster etc. play pretty football, but don't grind out the results.

Here was me thinking you actually post on this forum pretty regularly. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Here was me thinking you actually post on this forum pretty regularly. :lol:

At the end of the day though, prettiness doesn't win you the league, points make prizes, and I don't care if we score from 2 set pieces, 2 dodgy balls flying in off Nolan's arse or two spectacular 30 yard screamers as long as we come away with 3 points.

Seriously, what was the difference between the two teams today? Two set-pieces. Neither side had many chances, nor dominance of play, really. Was just pure shit, can't see how you can claim vast superiority, especially when half of you claim this is a 'standard win'. It's pretty poor really, you need to strengthen massively over the summer. Only players that looked 'up to it' were Colo and Gutierrez. Sure, Carroll wasn't too bad, but against better defenders, doubt physically imposing himself would have much effect. (Harper didn't do much, so can't really comment, though conversely, Loach looked really dodgy today)

It was a standard win in that we were able to scrape a goal somehow and then rely on the only consistently good part of our team - the defense - to carry us. 

That's what the difference was.

admittedly i wasn't there and didn't see it but all reports had us well in control as opposed to most of our away games. more of it pleaes to close the season out.

Wouldn't say in control but they didn't look like scoring.

Defo White shorts.

always been a bad sign in the past.

Rotterdam ended that jinx.

others would have said feyenoord.

Fine, be picky, Feyenoord Rotterdam is the full name if I'm not mistaken.

a bit like saying manchester for manchester united. have you never heard of sparta rotterdam  ?

Guest Heneage

Defo White shorts.

always been a bad sign in the past.

Rotterdam ended that jinx.

others would have said feyenoord.

Fine, be picky, Feyenoord Rotterdam is the full name if I'm not mistaken.

a bit like saying manchester for manchester united. have you never heard of sparta rotterdam  ?

Canny side them.

That's not they way we do things, unfortunately. If we hadn't had scored the early goal you would have seen a better standard of football from us and a more open game. Scoring the goal gave us something to guard though and guarding a lead is what Hughton loves to do, it's not pretty but it's effective with a backline as solid as ours is. We could have stepped up a gear at any time, not that we would have necessarily scored or won but we're capable of a lot better. Typical away performance from us.

Hard to play decent football when the fucking two central midfielders are about 30 yards behind play constantly as well.