We can't be caught. CHAMPIONS.

Rob W

I reckon we will be promoted on April 10th.

my wedding day as well!

Sky'll move it.......

sky have the power to move weddings?

Guest toonlass

I reckon we will be promoted on April 10th.

my wedding day as well!

Sky'll move it.......

sky have the power to move weddings?

:lol: 'd

Guest jonlane86

Current promotion target that guarantees us promotion (most points Forest can get as they are currently in 3rd) is 92.  This means if Forest win all of their remaining games we need 19 more points to go up.

Similarly, the most points West Brom can get is 100.  This means we need 26 points to win the league provided WBA win all their remaining games.

The chances of both teams not dropping any points between now and then is very slim indeed, so I'd predict 20 more points winning us the league.

Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers

Bristol City

Watford

Ipswich Town

Derby County

Crystal Palace

Scunthorpe United

Sheffield Wednesday

Plymouth Argyle

Peterborough United 

Guaranteed top half finish now...............

Fantastic! Build on that next year and we should get promoted. ;)

Should also have all those who were predicting our demise and relegation before a ball was kicked this season in absolute raptures. (Or possibly tears ?)

There again aren't they the same people who are predicting relegation from the PL next season, again before a ball is kicked and before we've even been promoted ?

Mind I have to admit I expected little more than a season of consolidation with a possible play-off place at best, given the pre season turmoil.

Should also have all those who were predicting our demise and relegation before a ball was kicked this season in absolute raptures. (Or possibly tears ?)

There again aren't they the same people who are predicting relegation from the PL next season, again before a ball is kicked and before we've even been promoted ?

Mind I have to admit I expected little more than a season of consolidation with a possible play-off place at best, given the pre season turmoil.

Yeah, me too. After the previous two relegations, getting promoted was a long and difficult haul over several seasons. With the state of the club last summer, I thought that we were in for a similar battle.

I'd say -

a) The gap between the Championship and the top division is now much bigger than in the past.

b) Finally, and for the first time at the club since the early days of Sir Bob's reign, unity broke out behind the scenes.

Yeah, me too. After the previous two relegations, getting promoted was a long and difficult haul over several seasons. With the state of the club last summer, I thought that we were in for a similar battle.

I'd say -

a) The gap between the Championship and the top division is now much bigger than in the past.

b) Finally, and for the first time at the club since the early days of Sir Bob's reign, unity broke out behind the scenes.

On point a) I think the Championship (2nd league) is better than the last time but the top division is so much better again, so yes the gap is bigger.

On point b) that is what I have enjoyed so much this season - watching a side giving 100% and playing with great team spirit whatever the circumstances and that has led to individuals performing at a level way above what we expected (e.g. Andy Carroll)

I think we'd all have settled for mid table mediocrity after the events of the previous season TBH

We really looked like a club in total freefall in August 2009

Fuck that, I had my doubts over whether the players had it in them to sustain a run good enough to come back up but I always had faith we'd be there or there abouts. No way would I settle for mid table mediocrity though.

My mentality this season has been that our team is good enough to go back up, and if we do then it was almost just a blip for us given all the shite off the field last season. I actually think I'd be more distraught this year if we don't go up than when we came down because the realisation would sink in that we're gonna be here for a while.

Doncaster Rovers

Blackpool

Barnsley

Middlesbrough

Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers

Bristol City

Watford

Ipswich Town

Derby County

Crystal Palace

Scunthorpe United