We can't be caught. CHAMPIONS.

Rob W

Aim for 10 points, then with the superior GD thats a 21 point gap. thats 7 wins and 1 defeat for forest.

that way we can afford 7 points at home (including a defeat) and just need one away win.

even with this difficult set of games for us, 10 points will still do  :celb:

Aim for 10 points, then with the superior GD thats a 21 point gap. thats 7 wins and 1 defeat for forest.

that way we can afford 7 points at home (including a defeat) and just need one away win.

even with this difficult set of games for us, 10 points will still do :celb:

Or just get the 5 wins that we need to make it happen regardless of how anyone else does.

Guest icemanblue

Dreampt last night we didn't go up. Was absolutely horrible, felt worse than relegation.

Please don't fuck it up, lads. 

:lol: wtf?

Dreampt last night we didn't go up. Was absolutely horrible, felt worse than relegation.

Please don't f*** it up, lads. 

that's not a dream - it's a nightmare

can you imagine what the meeja would do to us.........for years and years and years.................

We're in the Play-offs.

Blackpool 

Middlesbrough 

Sheff Utd   

Doncaster 

Coventry 

Bristol City 

Barnsley 

Reading 

Preston 

Ipswich 

QPR 

Derby 

Scunthorpe 

Watford 

Sheff Wed

Crystal Palace

Plymouth 

Peterborough

Guest Phil K

Should also have all those who were predicting our demise and relegation before a ball was kicked this season in absolute raptures. (Or possibly tears ?)

There again aren't they the same people who are predicting relegation from the PL next season, again before a ball is kicked and before we've even been promoted ?

TBF - its not just the rags wondering if we'd just go straight back down.

As for the rags, every now and again you'll read a spiteful petulant piece against us

But it's just disappointment they've been proved massively wrong.

Now its up to Ashley and management if they're willing to improve the squad to the needed amount, if and when we DO go up, and the press get out of their sulks and start actually having a go at us again

Must admit some surprise they haven't made far more of the Carroll/Taylor spat.

I think people only expected us to struggle because they thought there'd be more sales in the summer. Once it got to September with the squad pretty much intact, it was obvious we were going to have a strong season, and the January window and clever loan deals dotted over the season just confirmed that.

I think people only expected us to struggle because they thought there'd be more sales in the summer. Once it got to September with the squad pretty much intact, it was obvious we were going to have a strong season, and the January window and clever loan deals dotted over the season just confirmed that.

Our squad was "pretty much intact"? ???

We basically lost our entire strikerforce in Owen, Martins and Viduka, we lost arguably two of our best defenders in Beye and Bassong as well as losing Duff, who like it or not, was our most productive midfielder last season going by goals and assists (IIRC, not sure on that one). That is six first team players, or more than half a team, who were lost and not replaced. The only part we "managed" to keep somewhat intact was our shite midfield, which we all would have said needed strengthening, even for this division, and that didn't happen either. I'd say we had every right to expect us to struggle with the team we had going into this season.

We basically lost our entire strikerforce in Owen, Martins and Viduka, we lost arguably two of our best defenders in Beye and Bassong as well as losing Duff, who like it or not, was our most productive midfielder last season going by goals and assists (IIRC, not sure on that one). That is six first team players, or more than half a team, who were lost and not replaced. The only part we "managed" to keep somewhat intact was our s**** midfield, which we all would have said needed strengthening, even for this division, and that didn't happen either. I'd say we had every right to expect us to struggle with the team we had going into this season.

Then our squad was bigger and better equipped then we all thought.

Based on our performances at the end of last season, and the players that went out, I can see why we expected to do badly. I thought it myself.

Turns out we were lucky/good in that the players that went were mostly ones we wanted to get rid of anyway, and we bolstered that with some clever signings.

We have a better squad and team now than the one that went down, IMO.

We basically lost our entire strikerforce in Owen, Martins and Viduka, we lost arguably two of our best defenders in Beye and Bassong as well as losing Duff, who like it or not, was our most productive midfielder last season going by goals and assists (IIRC, not sure on that one). That is six first team players, or more than half a team, who were lost and not replaced. The only part we "managed" to keep somewhat intact was our shite midfield, which we all would have said needed strengthening, even for this division, and that didn't happen either. I'd say we had every right to expect us to struggle with the team we had going into this season.

We lost 3 players that were of any real importance to us (Martins, Beye and Bassong).  Lovenkrands was a more important player then Owen and Viduka was finished, Duff was borderline and may have done well but we wouldn't have wanted him when we got back up.  A lot of people thought we'd also lose Gutierrez, Coloccini, Taylor, Carroll, Enrique, Lovenkrands and Guthrie.

We basically lost our entire strikerforce in Owen, Martins and Viduka, we lost arguably two of our best defenders in Beye and Bassong as well as losing Duff, who like it or not, was our most productive midfielder last season going by goals and assists (IIRC, not sure on that one). That is six first team players, or more than half a team, who were lost and not replaced. The only part we "managed" to keep somewhat intact was our s**** midfield, which we all would have said needed strengthening, even for this division, and that didn't happen either. I'd say we had every right to expect us to struggle with the team we had going into this season.

We lost 3 players that were of any real importance to us (Martins, Beye and Bassong).  Lovenkrands was a more important player then Owen and Viduka was finished, Duff was borderline and may have done well but we wouldn't have wanted him when we got back up.  A lot of people thought we'd also lose Gutierrez, Coloccini, Taylor, Carroll, Enrique, Lovenkrands and Guthrie.

Yeah well said. Thought it myself last summer when the clear out happened that we got rid of some big earners that were useless to us really. The 3 you said were decent players for us especially Beye and Bassong. I thought our squad depth would hit us, but Carroll has stepped up this year and then the new players since January have added a bit.