Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

Equally as boring as these stupid soundbites from Llambias and 'Club insider', is the 'I won't believe him because he's lied before' posts tbh.

By that logic you could never trust a human again.

Equally as boring as these stupid soundbites from Llambias and 'Club insider', is the 'I won't believe him because he's lied before' posts tbh.

By that logic you could never trust a human again.

Exactly it's getting tiresome. Everytime Shepherd praised Shearer in the latter stages of his career I don't remember many people saying that it's rubbish since he once called him Mary Poppins.

Llambias makes it sound like we should all be grateful that Ashley has put some more money into HIS BUSINESS. If anything it is they who should be grateful that WE THE FANS keep putting OUR MONEY into THEIR BUSINESS. Without doing so their business would cease to exist. NUFC, however, wouldn't cease to exist if Ashley suddenly withdrew.

Don't be sucked in by their bullshit folks. He HAS to put money in and as the owner, should. Its like a shop keeper asking his customers for their thanks for opening up in the morning...

Ashley totally screwed up big time in buying NUFC. We shouldn't feel sorry for him or be grateful for anything. He on the other hand should be grateful he bought into something that so many people love enough to invest in. If we had of all fucked off following relegation he'd be putting even more of his money into the club.

We didn't though.

Don't thank us though Mike. That's our duty. Just like yours is to fund your business.

Out of interest, what do you think would happen if Ashley did decide to withdraw? Since all the investors in Portsmouth did "withdraw" has that turned out to be a healthy situation for Portsmouth supporters?

UV and Happy Face discussing finances is a bit like Ant and Dec discussing quantum physics. :lol:

Defending Ashley is like praising someone for trying to build up a dwindling fire by pouring water on it and keeping the embers going by feeding it with £50 notes. Some of them are HIS £50 notes so job well done!

You're almost as bad at similes as you are at figuring out accounts. You'll have to highlight the bit where I was "defending Ashley", unless you think that laughing at you amounts to the same thing.

Guest BBC Total Sport

Just to let you know, Derek Llambias will be live over the phone on Total Sport on BBC Newcastle tonight just after 6:30.

He'll be talking about season ticket renewals, and also matters on the field... if you've got anything you want us to put to him, give us a call on 0191 232 65 65 or text 07786 200 954.

You can listen on 95.4FM or DAB in the North East, or anywhere in the world here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_newcastle/

In other news, Derek Llambias' son is starring in a film about Southerners coming to Newcastle

We'll also have his son Warren on after 7, talking about that film!

Cheers,

Matt from Total Sport.

Guest Howaythetoon

Llambias makes it sound like we should all be grateful that Ashley has put some more money into HIS BUSINESS. If anything it is they who should be grateful that WE THE FANS keep putting OUR MONEY into THEIR BUSINESS. Without doing so their business would cease to exist. NUFC, however, wouldn't cease to exist if Ashley suddenly withdrew.

Don't be sucked in by their bullshit folks. He HAS to put money in and as the owner, should. Its like a shop keeper asking his customers for their thanks for opening up in the morning...

Ashley totally screwed up big time in buying NUFC. We shouldn't feel sorry for him or be grateful for anything. He on the other hand should be grateful he bought into something that so many people love enough to invest in. If we had of all f***ed off following relegation he'd be putting even more of his money into the club.

We didn't though.

Don't thank us though Mike. That's our duty. Just like yours is to fund your business.

Out of interest, what do you think would happen if Ashley did decide to withdraw? Since all the investors in Portsmouth did "withdraw" has that turned out to be a healthy situation for Portsmouth supporters?

We wouldn't cease to exist put it that way.

Guest fraser

There is a tendency that argues that if Ashley hadn't come then we could have gone out of business. The fact is that nothing is more likely to have exposed the club to that risk than relegation; to argue anything other is facile and Ashley achieved this quick-time. He deserves no credit for putting money into the club other than on a personal level from his inheritors; he is only protecting his investment.

All I want from him is to have the club managed in a sensible and progressive way and then we will have a chance at success.

Just heard him on the radio. They were basically up his arse. Its fine Anderson saying Llambais is being honoust, but they don't push him on any point. They just let him say what he wants, accept it and agree. Not much confidence for the future. :(

There is a tendency that argues that if Ashley hadn't come then we could have gone out of business. The fact is that nothing is more likely to have exposed the club to that risk than relegation; to argue anything other is facile and Ashley achieved this quick-time. He deserves no credit for putting money into the club other than on a personal level from his inheritors; he is only protecting his investment.

All I want from him is to have the club managed in a sensible and progressive way and then we will have a chance at success.

Of course no one knows if we'd have gone out of business if Ashley hadn't bought the club. But when he did buy it our balance sheet was insolvent and that means that someone had to guarantee to fund the club for the next 12 months or the auditors wouldn't sign it off as a going concern. If its not signed off as a going concern every secured creditor has the right to foreclose.

So who was going to give that guarantee if Ashley didn't?

Guest fraser

Of course no one knows if we'd have gone out of business if Ashley hadn't bought the club. But when he did buy it our balance sheet was insolvent and that means that someone had to guarantee to fund the club for the next 12 months or the auditors wouldn't sign it off as a going concern. If its not signed off as a going concern every secured creditor has the right to foreclose.

This is not a point that can be validated and doesn't really add to the debate; we were never signed off as anything other than a going concern, given guarantees from the owner. The same guarantees could well have been forthcoming from the previous owners. The fact is we were truly exposed by relegation; don't let the anti-Shepherd view cloud your objectivity.

This is not a point that can be validated and doesn't really add to the debate; we were never signed off as anything other than a going concern, given guarantees from the owner. The same guarantees could well have been forthcoming from the previous owners. The fact is we were truly exposed by relegation; don't let the anti-Shepherd view cloud your objectivity.

If you read my posts on other threads you will find that I am not anti Shepherd or pro Ashley, imo both have done some good things and some bad. Your idea that the Halls and the Shepherds would have guaranteed to fund the club is certainly interesting, given their track record on making their own funds available for investment.

And since Ashley had so much already tied up in the club how exposed were we by relegation in reality? He had to get us back up and didn't asset strip anywhere near as much as he could have in the summer to try and have every chance of succeeding.

Guest malandro

Just heard him on the radio. They were basically up his arse. Its fine Anderson saying Llambais is being honoust, but they don't push him on any point. They just let him say what he wants, accept it and agree. Not much confidence for the future. :(

Probably didn’t want to get banned from SJP.

Guest fraser

If you read my posts on other threads you will find that I am not anti Shepherd or pro Ashley, imo both have done some good things and some bad. Your idea that the Halls and the Shepherds would have guaranteed to fund the club is certainly interesting, given their track record on making their own funds available for investment.

And since Ashley had so much already tied up in the club how exposed were we by relegation in reality? He had to get us back up and didn't asset strip anywhere near as much as he could have in the summer to try and have every chance of succeeding.

This is all the difference between what could have happened and what did happen. Who knows what could have happened? We do know what did happen, which was relegation which exposed the club. Under Ashley's ownership.

One thing going for him - he sure knows how to make you feel depressed about the future.

Only heard the end bit where he was saying we would have ended up like Portsmouth (just think that is going to be dragged out as a convenient excuse for everything in the future).  Then something about the top 6 teams challenging for Europe and everyone else fighting relegation and being irritated by some foolish supporters.

To sum up - isn't Mike wonderful and you should all be grateful to him.

Heard his son interviewed earlier on Talksport and they brought up his father's lack of popularity on Tyneside.  He said he was used to not being liked as he used to go to the Middle East to collect debts and they all hated him there as well!

Never heard the radio interview as had no idea he was on until i was reading this thread.  While they might be idiots,  Llambias would get more credibility if he'd went on the legends,  both Quinn & Gibson have had the bottle to go on but they fact that they say upfront that none of the questions will be vetted then Derek would never go on and get a grilling.

Re this latest interview, my own opinion hasn't changed, i want Ashley & Llambiar out of my club and if Ashley does intend to stay and not sell up then Derek needs to be replaced by someone with knowledge of how to run a football club.  I also think that the best thing Ashley can do is stop going back over how he keeps having to pump money in etc, its his own incompetance for not doing due dillegence and then not re-financing the mortgate on SJP which has caused him to put the money in.  Then he should come out,not Derek and lay bare the finances of the club and lets hear it from the horses mouth, publish the accounts and explain where the money has gone and open up some dialogue with the supporters.

Guest malandro

I do, and the answers is no. ;-)Football clubs only go out of business when their debts exceed the market value of the club in a solvent state, and a solvent NUFC is worth a more than £75m. Things have changed now though, because the clubs debts have nearly trebled in three years and now exceed its market value.

I do, and the answers is no. ;-)Football clubs only go out of business when their debts exceed the market value of the club in a solvent state, and a solvent NUFC is worth a more than £75m. Things have changed now though, because the clubs debts have nearly trebled in three years and now exceed its market value.

didn't quayside point out that we were insolvent and ashley had to prove he had the funds to keep us going to the auditors ?

Guest malandro

didn't quayside point out that we were insolvent and ashley had to prove he had the funds to keep us going to the auditors ?

And?

And?

you said the answer was no as solvent clubs could blah blah blah................our balance sheet wasn't solvent.

Guest malandro

And?

you said the answer was no as solvent clubs could blah blah blah................our balance sheet wasn't solvent.

No I didn’t. Do you want me to rephrase it so you can have another stab at the reading thing?