Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

There seems to be a lot of anti-Shepherd/pro-Ashley people and a few pro-Shepherd/anti-Ashley people and it's always a case of comparing one to the other. 

We need consensus agreement that they've both done some good and some bad, but overall they're a set of cunts.

There does? ???

Agree with the second line like.

Right now I don't really care about Llambias singing hymns about Ashley, it might be slightly nauseating but other than that there's not much wrong with what he says. There have been no serious buyers of the club in the last year, whether there were any before that is all speculation. Either put up or shut up basically. With Ashley staying it could have been a lot worse, he has sunk cash into the squad in an effort to seal promotion so credit where it's due. It would be nice to think he will invest serious money next season but I can't see anything other than a cautious spending policy in the current financial climate.

There seems to be a lot of anti-Shepherd/pro-Ashley people and a few pro-Shepherd/anti-Ashley people and it's always a case of comparing one to the other. 

We need consensus agreement that they've both done some good and some bad, but overall they're a set of cunts.

There does? ???

I get a lot of ambivalence towards Ashley on here.  Even a feeling of better the devil you know.  None of which were afforded Shepherd (except by NE5).

There does? ???

I get a lot of ambivalence towards Ashley on here.  Even a feeling of better the devil you know.  None of which were afforded Shepherd (except by NE5).

Shepherd wasn't spending his own money, he was putting the club into deeper and deeper debt. It's one thing to do that if you are Man U and winning things, it's a problem if the investment isn't reflected in the results.

We signed Nolan and Ryan Taylor January 09, didn't we?.

Not saying it was the answer and/or enough (it clearly wasn't), but he did give JFK the money to spend.

I'm not pro-Ashley, but I can understand (to a degree) why he isn't spending all of his own money on players each transfer window, while also (allegedly) putting money into keeping the club running. Shepherd never put any of his own money in beyond his intial investment in '92, but because Ashley is a Multi-Millionaire (was a billionaire), he is seemingly expected to continuously.

There is clearly some kind of plan to get the club running off it own back again (reducing wages, etc), which is taking time, and hopefully promotion can/will help that as well, with the additional monies that will come with it.

Nolan and taylor weren't really the answer to our troubles, having sold Given and Nzogbia to turn a profit we really could have done with a bit of pace to secure the 1 point extra needed to survive.

It's funny because he arrived and spent massively when we should have been cutting back, then in the window before relegation he changed his policy to spend nothing when a little investment would have been massively cost effective long term.  I get the impression that his refusal to spend now only coincidentally matches up with being the right thing to do at this time.  When we reach a window where real investment is needed again, I'm certain he'll get it wrong again.

Also, I don't think Shepherd actually invested in '92 did he?,  I thought it was all bank loans that he and the Halls were liable for if it went tits up.

Not sure about that. We didn't really spend massively in the transfer market in summer 2007, although there was a hike in wages. We may have had a net transfer spend of between £5 million and £10 million (after selling Parker, Dyer) but at that stage, having done no due diligence, I don't think Ashley had the first idea of the economics of the business he'd just bought and he simply went where Fat Sam led him.

Transfer dealings were put on hold for months until Mort completed a strategic review of the club which seemed to take ages. Did a wage and transfer fee budget not come out of that? Saying Ashley ignored that and "simply went where Fat Sam led him" is very generously absolving him of blame for increasing the wage bill and making the club less financially viable.

There does? ???

Shepherd wasn't spending his own money, he was putting the club into deeper and deeper debt. It's one thing to do that if you are Man U and winning things, it's a problem if the investment isn't reflected in the results.

True dat.

But then nor is Ashley, not 100%, if he is putting £20m a season in, then it's only one third of what the fans are putting in.....the fans Llambias says are being unreasonable.

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias believes owner Mike Ashley has proved his commitment to supporters this season.

"No it is not up for sale. There is no money out there. Football is not what it was," he explained.

"We had two possible buyers and they didn't put their money up so at the end of the day they are not real."

I've been more commited to clapped out bangers with 6 months left on the MOT.  :laugh:

Sadly, we'll only know the truth of that statement (Llambias' statement, not your statement) in the summer, if he doesn't put the club on the market again and does provide some additional cash for building the squad then it'll be proved true otherwise it'll just be Llambias talking crap again.

If he does attempt to sell the club again, I doubt it'll be anywhere near as public as the last couple of attempts and I doubt he'll use Seymour Pierce again.  He'll probably try to find a buyer on his own or wait for someone to approach him directly.

Llambias does more damage to Ashley's reputation at the club than he does to help it.  If Ashley is serious about the club one of the first things he should be looking at is putting in place a real MD who understands football rather than relying on one of his mates.

Agree with that.  Just as things start to seem to be settling down, he opens his mouth and gets everyone agitated again. 

"It is a passion. They are just great fans, it's an absolute passion . There is a very small section of the fanbase that are basically not reasonable, there's no reality to where they are. I am hoping that we get there and we'll see what happens next season."

"In Level 7 Bitch..."

We signed Nolan and Ryan Taylor January 09, didn't we?.

Not saying it was the answer and/or enough (it clearly wasn't), but he did give JFK the money to spend.

I'm not pro-Ashley, but I can understand (to a degree) why he isn't spending all of his own money on players each transfer window, while also (allegedly) putting money into keeping the club running. Shepherd never put any of his own money in beyond his intial investment in '92, but because Ashley is a Multi-Millionaire (was a billionaire), he is seemingly expected to continuously.

There is clearly some kind of plan to get the club running off it own back again (reducing wages, etc), which is taking time, and hopefully promotion can/will help that as well, with the additional monies that will come with it.

Nolan and taylor weren't really the answer to our troubles, having sold Given and Nzogbia to turn a profit we really could have done with a bit of pace to secure the 1 point extra needed to survive.

It's funny because he arrived and spent massively when we should have been cutting back, then in the window before relegation he changed his policy to spend nothing when a little investment would have been massively cost effective long term.  I get the impression that his refusal to spend now only coincidentally matches up with being the right thing to do at this time.  When we reach a window where real investment is needed again, I'm certain he'll get it wrong again.

Also, I don't think Shepherd actually invested in '92 did he?,  I thought it was all bank loans that he and the Halls were liable for if it went tits up.

Not sure about that. We didn't really spend massively in the transfer market in summer 2007, although there was a hike in wages. We may have had a net transfer spend of between £5 million and £10 million (after selling Parker, Dyer) but at that stage, having done no due diligence, I don't think Ashley had the first idea of the economics of the business he'd just bought and he simply went where Fat Sam led him.

Transfer dealings were put on hold for months until Mort completed a strategic review of the club which seemed to take ages. Did a wage and transfer fee budget not come out of that? Saying Ashley ignored that and "simply went where Fat Sam led him" is very generously absolving him of blame for increasing the wage bill and making the club less financially viable.

Ashley effectively owned the club when he got hold of Shepherd's shares in June 2007 and Mort didn't take over as Chairman until the end of July. If transfer dealings were put on hold "for months" how did we manage to sell Parker, Dyer, Luque and sign Barton, Rozehnal, Smith, Enrique, Beye, Faye, Cacapa and Viduka before the end of August?

Mort's strategic review was implemented in January 2008 when Wise and Jimenez were appointed together with the requirement for a "puppet" manager.

Ashley unquestionably led to the wage bill being increased and I'm not absolving him of any blame for it. I've quite clearly said he didn't know what he was buying because he didn't do any due diligence - which was quite staggeringly stupid.

It seems to me as if Ashley's public relation tactics are working with quite a few people now.

First off, do not forget these are people who are confirmed liars. I wouldn't believe them if they said there was ice at the North Pole.

Secondly, before everyone goes on about "Ashley's pumping his own money into the club" let's not forget that it's an interest free loan, he'll be getting it all back.

And also the bottom line in all this is, if he'd ran the club professionally in the first place and not like toy for him and his cronies, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. And before anyone says "if we still had Freddie we'd be like Portsmouth". Yeah maybe we would, but then again maybe we wouldn't, nobody knows or can say for certain. What we do know for certain is that under Ashley's guidance we got relegated that i'm afraid that is fact, not open to debate.

I for one will never be happy until him and his hired arse lickers are as far away from our club as possible.

It seems to me as if Ashley's public relation tactics are working with quite a few people now.

First off, do not forget these are people who are confirmed liars. I wouldn't believe them if they said there was ice at the North Pole.

Secondly, before everyone goes on about "Ashley's pumping his own money into the club" let's not forget that it's an interest free loan, he'll be getting it all back.

And also the bottom line in all this is, if he'd ran the club professionally in the first place and not like toy for him and his cronies, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. And before anyone says "if we still had Freddie we'd be like Portsmouth". Yeah maybe we would, but then again maybe we wouldn't, nobody knows or can say for certain. What we do know for certain is that under Ashley's guidance we got relegated that i'm afraid that is fact, not open to debate.

I for one will never be happy until him and his hired arse lickers are as far away from our club as possible.

So many holes.....

The only point which hasn't been done to death is the issue re loans and getting the money back.

That worked well for every bank who has lent money on property in the last decade or so hasn't it

:facepalm:

What will he do, just write himself a cheque when he fancies the money back?

You are right. Please get your address book with list of preferred owners and instruct them to buy the club ASAP. Inform them in no uncertain terms that we will require a transfer war chest of at least £50million plus funds required to hire a top manager. Sorted.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he's underestimated just how many people are 'unreasonable'. The consensus is that they're lying cunts, and the proof is there. I wouldn't say that's the minority's opinion, nor is it unreasonable.

Llambias could tell me the sky is blue and I'd still look up.

Considering the famous club insider (who everybody is now taking his word as gospel) said when mentioning the 20m  that it was an interest free loan. Loan implies he'll be getting it back one way or another.

I think he's underestimated just how many people are 'unreasonable'. The consensus is that they're lying c***s, and the proof is there. I wouldn't say that's the minority's opinion, nor is it unreasonable.

Llambias could tell me the sky is blue and I'd still look up.

that could have been written at any time over the last decade or so.

You are right. Please get your address book with list of preferred owners and instruct them to buy the club ASAP. Inform them in no uncertain terms that we will require a transfer war chest of at least £50million plus funds required to hire a top manager. Sorted.

I never once said i had all the answers (or any for that matter). And i never once metioned "we need millions spent on transfers" either.

Considering the famous club insider (who everybody is now taking his word as gospel) said when mentioning the 20m  that it was an interest free loan. Loan implies he'll be getting it back one way or another.

He is still doing us a favour though.  If we need to £20m to operate immediately and we don't have it, the only way to get it would be a loan at interest.  If he is putting it in without interest, then he is saving the club loads in interest payments and also losing out on interest himself in saving that money.

Ashley's recieved far more from transfer fee's than he has spent, correct?

Everything else that has caused his financial plight is down to his own mistakes, misjudgments and poor decision making.... including buying the club from the previous set of nob-heads.

I almost get the feeling Ashley (and his mouthpiece) feel like we owe them something, which is a sickening thought.

He is still doing us a favour though.  If we need to £20m to operate immediately and we don't have it, the only way to get it would be a loan at interest.  If he is putting it in without interest, then he is saving the club loads in interest payments and also losing out on interest himself in saving that money.

Thats fair enough. But my point is though, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this position.

All he is doing is protecting is investment. The club will be a more attractive proposition if it owes Ashely "x amount with no interest" than the same amount to the banks with interest.

No it doesnt

Loan implies that the club owes him the money. Whether or not they ever do is something completely different

I never once said i had all the answers (or any for that matter). And i never once metioned "we need millions spent on transfers" either.

In the meantime then we do need transfer funds and answers and only one person is capable of providing either and that's Fat Ashley. Until someone else steps forward it doesn't really matter if he's Billy Liar or the Sultan of Brunei.