Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

It seems to me as if Ashley's public relation tactics are working with quite a few people now.

First off, do not forget these are people who are confirmed liars. I wouldn't believe them if they said there was ice at the North Pole.

Secondly, before everyone goes on about "Ashley's pumping his own money into the club" let's not forget that it's an interest free loan, he'll be getting it all back.

And also the bottom line in all this is, if he'd ran the club professionally in the first place and not like toy for him and his cronies, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. And before anyone says "if we still had Freddie we'd be like Portsmouth". Yeah maybe we would, but then again maybe we wouldn't, nobody knows or can say for certain. What we do know for certain is that under Ashley's guidance we got relegated that i'm afraid that is fact, not open to debate.

I for one will never be happy until him and his hired arse lickers are as far away from our club as possible.

:facepalm:

What will he do, just write himself a cheque when he fancies the money back?

Considering the famous club insider (who everybody is now taking his word as gospel) said when mentioning the 20m  that it was an interest free loan. Loan implies he'll be getting it back one way or another.

No it doesnt

Loan implies that the club owes him the money. Whether or not they ever do is something completely different

Have to disagree with you there mate. If he has no intention of getting it back why call it a loan. If you don't think loan means paying it back, try getting the same deal from your local branch of Halifax.

It seems to me as if Ashley's public relation tactics are working with quite a few people now.

First off, do not forget these are people who are confirmed liars. I wouldn't believe them if they said there was ice at the North Pole.

Secondly, before everyone goes on about "Ashley's pumping his own money into the club" let's not forget that it's an interest free loan, he'll be getting it all back.

And also the bottom line in all this is, if he'd ran the club professionally in the first place and not like toy for him and his cronies, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. And before anyone says "if we still had Freddie we'd be like Portsmouth". Yeah maybe we would, but then again maybe we wouldn't, nobody knows or can say for certain. What we do know for certain is that under Ashley's guidance we got relegated that i'm afraid that is fact, not open to debate.

I for one will never be happy until him and his hired arse lickers are as far away from our club as possible.

Considering the famous club insider (who everybody is now taking his word as gospel) said when mentioning the 20m  that it was an interest free loan. Loan implies he'll be getting it back one way or another.

No it doesnt

Loan implies that the club owes him the money. Whether or not they ever do is something completely different

Have to disagree with you there mate. If he has no intention of getting it back why call it a loan. If you don't think loan means paying it back, try getting the same deal from your local branch of Halifax.

calling it a loan is a get around for club owners, roman ambramovich's cash injections were loans too until he turned them into more shares for himself

You do realise that the total value of the loans Ashley has made is not just £20 million, but now stands at  more than £140 million?  He's shipped close to £300 million if you include what he paid for the club in the first place. How is he going to get that back?

You are right. Please get your address book with list of preferred owners and instruct them to buy the club ASAP. Inform them in no uncertain terms that we will require a transfer war chest of at least £50million plus funds required to hire a top manager. Sorted.

I never once said i had all the answers (or any for that matter). And i never once metioned "we need millions spent on transfers" either.

In the meantime then we do need transfer funds and answers and only one person is capable of providing either and that's Fat Ashley. Until someone else steps forward it doesn't really matter if he's Billy Liar or the Sultan of Brunei.

Your missing the whole point of my post. I'm not expecting a multi billionaire to step out of the woodwork and save us. The point i was making was that Ashleys tactics of making us fans feel like we should be kissing his arse are total rubbish. HE got us into this mess. HE is a proven liar when it comes to statements about the club.

I just don't buy anything the guy says, and for some people to suddenly have him as our saving angel is just to much for me to swallow. He will never have the best interests of the club at heart. All he is doing is keeping going until he can maximize the amount of money he will get back when he sells the club (and i'm not saying he won't have to take a hit on his investment but it was his bad decision making that saw the value plummet)  to the first person willing to match his asking price.

And anyone who believes the crap from Lambiarse about "the club is not for sale" is very naive.

You are right. Please get your address book with list of preferred owners and instruct them to buy the club ASAP. Inform them in no uncertain terms that we will require a transfer war chest of at least £50million plus funds required to hire a top manager. Sorted.

I never once said i had all the answers (or any for that matter). And i never once metioned "we need millions spent on transfers" either.

In the meantime then we do need transfer funds and answers and only one person is capable of providing either and that's Fat Ashley. Until someone else steps forward it doesn't really matter if he's Billy Liar or the Sultan of Brunei.

Your missing the whole point of my post. I'm not expecting a multi billionaire to step out of the woodwork and save us. The point i was making was that Ashleys tactics of making us fans feel like we should be kissing his arse are total rubbish. HE got us into this mess. HE is a proven liar when it comes to statements about the club.

I just don't buy anything the guy says, and for some people to suddenly have him as our saving angel is just to much for me to swallow. He will never have the best interests of the club at heart. All he is doing is keeping going until he can maximize the amount of money he will get back when he sells the club (and i'm not saying he won't have to take a hit on his investment but it was his bad decision making that saw the value plummet)  to the first person willing to match his asking price.

And anyone who believes the crap from Lambiarse about "the club is not for sale" is very naive.

this mess has been getting there since 2004.

No it doesnt

So then each and every bank who was invovled in LENDING (ie giving LOANS) to the subprime market can recover all of there losses? Great the recession need never have happened!!

Loans are not 100% certain of being recovered out in the big bad world, cash injections (as pointed out above) will normally be made as loans rather than capital injections for tax reasons

He is still doing us a favour though.  If we need to £20m to operate immediately and we don't have it, the only way to get it would be a loan at interest.  If he is putting it in without interest, then he is saving the club loads in interest payments and also losing out on interest himself in saving that money.

Thats fair enough. But my point is though, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this position.

All he is doing is protecting is investment. The club will be a more attractive proposition if it owes Ashely "x amount with no interest" than the same amount to the banks with interest.

Of course he is.  Why wouldn't he? he'd be a nut to let us plunge further in to debt and to pay even more interest on that debt.  It's not as if millionaires/billionaires randomly chuck money at clubs they don't own, so you just because he owns us that can't be used as a point against him.

Of course he needs to bail us out, he is responsible for this mess, but also you have to say Shepherd is responsible too as he had us in a right financial state right up to when Ashley bought us.  The debt from then is still hurting us now.  Ashley did turn a lot of Shepherd built up debt in to interest free loans way before we were relegated I think.

What do you think it should be classed as?

The debt from then is still hurting us now.

How exactly?

Because it exists and has not been paid off? Ashley has taken the sting out of it by converting it in to interest free loans to him, but the debt still exists.  When Ashley bought the club the debts we had didn't vanish.

So then each and every bank who was invovled in LENDING (ie giving LOANS) to the subprime market can recover all of there losses? Great the recession need never have happened!!

Bad analogy mate.

Have you looked at bank profits in the last couple of years?

How exactly?

Because it exists and has not been paid off? Ashley has taken the sting out of it by converting it in to interest free loans to him, but the debt still exists.  When Ashley bought the club the debts we had didn't vanish.

So we'd have been in a completely different situation if Ashley had bought a debt free club for £200m?

I still don't understand how it's hurting us if Ashley has paid it off with cash he had to hand?

Bad analogy mate.

Have you looked at bank profits in the last couple of years?

But just think of the profits if they hadn't had to write off the loans  :frantic:

How exactly?

Quayside points out that Ashley is now in for £300m.

£134m for the club suggests he's now forked out £166m on debt/further investment.

NUFC-finances says he took over a club where Shepherd had built £70m of debt.  This suggests that Ashley is the one to have built up a further £96m of debt in just 3 years.  £26m more than Shepherd managed in 10 years.

And that's without paying any interest payments or any dividends and all he's gained by spending much more than Shepherd is relegation.

But Shepherd is the one who's bust us?  Aye, right!

How exactly?

£134m for the club suggests he's now forked out £166m on debt/further investment.

NUFC-finances says he took over a club where Shepherd had built £70m of debt.  This suggests that Ashley is the one to have built up a further £96m of debt in just 3 years.  £26m more than Shepherd managed in 10 years.

And that's without paying any interest payments or any dividends and all he's gained by spending much more than Shepherd is relegation.

He's probably built us a nice new stadium with the money (in cockneyshire), but is saving it as a surprise for christmas.

Guest Howaythetoon

Llambias makes it sound like we should all be grateful that Ashley has put some more money into HIS BUSINESS. If anything it is they who should be grateful that WE THE FANS keep putting OUR MONEY into THEIR BUSINESS. Without doing so their business would cease to exist. NUFC, however, wouldn't cease to exist if Ashley suddenly withdrew.

Don't be sucked in by their bullshit folks. He HAS to put money in and as the owner, should. Its like a shop keeper asking his customers for their thanks for opening up in the morning...

Ashley totally screwed up big time in buying NUFC. We shouldn't feel sorry for him or be grateful for anything. He on the other hand should be grateful he bought into something that so many people love enough to invest in. If we had of all fucked off following relegation he'd be putting even more of his money into the club.

We didn't though.

Don't thank us though Mike. That's our duty. Just like yours is to fund your business.

How exactly?

I'm not vindicating Ashley at all, I was getting at the fact that we were already in a large amount of debt before Ashley got here.  If Ashley has blown £96m in 3 years, what has he spent that on? where has that money gone?

How exactly?

The £300m is an estimate because we don't know what he put in during 2009 yet, but your point is valid. The debt has increased substantially since he took over.

Here's a simple table showing our finances leading up to Ashley's takeover in Summer 2007.

2003/2004      2004/2005        2005/2006                2006/2007

Profit/Loss          Profit  £4.4 million    Breakeven      Loss £12 million      Loss £33 million

Net Worth                  £29 million    £29 million      £17 million        Negative £16 million

Wages/Turnover                50%              58%                  62%                        71%

Negative net worth = an insolvent position.

The club had been taken to that position by the previous board. What were they going to do to reverse this trend?

Post Ashley the 2008 accounts showed a smaller loss than 2007, so there was a slight "recovery". I don't know what 2009 will show, I'm guessing a loss of about £10 million. And then there was relegation.......

How exactly?

I'm not vindicating Ashley at all, I was getting at the fact that we were already in a large amount of debt before Ashley got here.  If Ashley has blown £96m in 3 years, what has he spent that on? where has that money gone?

The club was losing £30m a year when he took over.  So if he'd just maintained Shepherd's level of incompetence, we'd only be £90m down.  He'd have cut those losses massively cutting the wage bill as he has, if only he hadn't gone too far and ended up getting us relegated.

UV and Happy Face discussing finances is a bit like Ant and Dec discussing quantum physics. :lol:

Defending Ashley is like praising someone for trying to build up a dwindling fire by pouring water on it and keeping the embers going by feeding it with £50 notes. Some of them are HIS £50 notes so job well done!

UV and Happy Face discussing finances is a bit like Ant and Dec discussing quantum physics. :lol:

Defending Ashley is like praising someone for trying to build up a dwindling fire by pouring water on it and keeping the embers going by feeding it with £50 notes. Some of them are HIS £50 notes so job well done!

So what should Ashley have done different in your opinion?