Llambias on SSN

Happy Face

The thread title's (deliberate?) misconstruction of Llambias's words basically proves that what the guy was actually saying ("There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.") is essentially correct.

Congrats on the own goal.

Fuck off, Derek.

Would you rather be in our position right now or Portsmouths?

Ours, clearly.  ???

Where did that come from anyway?

Could anyone seriously have expected Fred to have put £20m of his own money into Newcastle in any one year?

Of course he wouldn't. Mind you some still think we wouldn't have needed any more money injected if the old board had still been here. :lol:

The comments from Llambias aren't surprising really, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say that the current regime's mismanagement led to relegation. And as I've said before on here when they've talked about money going in it's been the truth.

Other than that the stuff he says about Ashley needing to back the club financially for it to be able to survive is true.

Just purely on the numbers two things occur to me about this:

- Ashley's investment in the club must be getting close to £300 million now.

- The reason for the 2009 accounts not being filed yet is that Ashley must want these recent cash injections disclosed. Although the accounts will only cover the period to 30th June 2009, anything material that happens before the accounts are signed (and filed) must be disclosed.

Could anyone seriously have expected Fred to have put £20m of his own money into Newcastle in any one year?

Nope.  Fred wasn't an idiot.  O0

The facts on that beg to differ!

Whatever criticism you have of Fred (and plenty is justified), no way was he an idiot.  He helped make a massive success of a club about to drop into the third tier.

The thread title's (deliberate?) misconstruction of Llambias's words basically proves that what the guy was actually saying ("There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.") is essentially correct.

f*** off, Derek.

Why chose Pompey? Why not chose any of the other in debt clubs at the top end?

I think some credit is due for the investment this season. Not that choosing not to invest would have been an option anyway but how badly does this guy (and, more widely, the club) need some PR guidance?

They could've gone some way to mending the numerous broken bridges by thanking the fans now for their unwavering support of the team this season.

Why even give the press a quote? Poor decision by Decka their.

Having said that I for one am thankful for Ashley this season, or rather thankful that we've got an owner who is financially capable of personnally supporting the club during a time of sea change in footballs financial outlook.

Whilst I totally appreciate the 'it's his fault we're in this position' argument at some point we'd have hit the financial buffers and had to rely upon him. As for the 'he should have done his due diligence' argument, well yes, but actually if any other interested party had of done theirs we may have been heading towards financial armageddon under Freddie, who was fortunate to have been pushed out when he was otherwise we could very well have been the next Portsmouth or worse - can you imagine Freddie implementing a policy that wouldn't enable us to sign anyone decent or pay them big bucks? No, neither can I.

I think we've needed Ashley more than most fans would care to admit but that's not to say he's handled the management and PR side of the club well at all.

At this stage, given the bigger picture for football, I'll stick my neck out and say I'm glad we've got him and I'm prepared to give the fat fucker a second chance.

Of course he wouldn't. Mind you some still think we wouldn't have needed any more money injected if the old board had still been here. :lol:

The comments from Llambias aren't surprising really, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say that the current regime's mismanagement led to relegation. And as I've said before on here when they've talked about money going in it's been the truth.

Other than that the stuff he says about Ashley needing to back the club financially for it to be able to survive is true.

- The reason for the 2009 accounts not being filed yet is that Ashley must want these recent cash injections disclosed. Although the accounts will only cover the period to 30th June 2009, anything material that happens before the accounts are signed (and filed) must be disclosed.

It could also be that the auditors have required him to put then funding in before signing off the accounts as a going concern.

f*** off, Derek.

f*** off, Derek.

Why are they the only two options ?

Fuck off, Derek.

Sorry, but as much as I don't like Llambias, I also think that the thread title is misleading.

He hardly said that anyone that criticizes him/Ashley is unreasonable.

It could also be that the auditors have required him to put then funding in before signing off the accounts as a going concern.

It could well be. A written undertaking from the owner will normally do the trick. But if our net worth has plummeted to more than £50 million negative they may want to see the colour of his money.

Fuck off, Derek.

Sorry, but as much as I don't like Llambias, I also think that the thread title is misleading.

Gladly changed.

Who DID he mean was unreasonable?

Fuck off, Derek.

Ours, clearly.  ???

Sorry, picked any random post to quote.

The point is though that the way we were headed under Fred, we could quite easily be in Portsmouth's position. We were losing money hand over fist and were running out of options to generate funds. It was basically outside investment or turn off the tap.

I'm sure that 2 years ago no Portsmouth fan envisaged this season, but its happenede - and quickly too.

Ashley has made some big mistakes - no one can deny that with a straight face, but its very possible that he has had to put together a plan which would turn the company and club around after a few years of pain - I'm sure that relegation wasn't part of this, but I'di take one season in the fizzy pop league to oblivion. It happens all the time in corporate entities, a MD comes in and makes unpopular decisions for the long term good of all. Its only in hindsight that this is recognised, and often only once the big bad wolf has left

Just seen the interview on SSN & tbf to Del he comes across better on the box than when you see the words on screen. I would imagine by the red carpet he was standing on he was at the premiere of his sons film. I wonder if NUFC charged Llambliar jnr for using Sjp or it was a freebie.

Fuck off, Derek.

Gladly changed.

My interpretation was that he thinks there are a minority of fans that are unreasonable in their criticism, and that nothing they do will be acceptable.

I just didn't see it as him implying that everyone that critisizes them is unreasonable.

Fuck off, Derek.

Gladly changed.

My interpretation was that he thinks there are a minority of fans that are unreasonable in their criticism, and that nothing they do will be acceptable.

I just didn't see it as him implying that everyone that critisizes them is unreasonable.

As long as we agree the majority that sing "get out of our club you fat cockney bastard" are the more reasonable ones.  bluerazz.gif

Fuck off, Derek.

Gladly changed.

As long as we agree the majority that sing "get out of our club you fat cockney bastard" are the more reasonable ones.   bluerazz.gif

:lol: agreed.

Fuck off, Derek.

Ours, clearly.  ???

The point is though that the way we were headed under Fred, we could quite easily be in Portsmouth's position. We were losing money hand over fist and were running out of options to generate funds. It was basically outside investment or turn off the tap.

I'm sure that 2 years ago no Portsmouth fan envisaged this season, but its happenede - and quickly too.

Ashley has made some big mistakes - no one can deny that with a straight face, but its very possible that he has had to put together a plan which would turn the company and club around after a few years of pain - I'm sure that relegation wasn't part of this, but I'di take one season in the fizzy pop league to oblivion. It happens all the time in corporate entities, a MD comes in and makes unpopular decisions for the long term good of all. Its only in hindsight that this is recognised, and often only once the big bad wolf has left

I don't doubt our financial situation under Shepherd was less than sound, I just haven't seen anything to suggest Mike Ashley & Derek Llambias have any sort of 'plan' to take us to the top. The only thing we do know Ashley has is deep pockets which he isn't particularly keen to put his hand in unless he absolutely has to.

Fuck off, Derek.

Ours, clearly.  ???

I don't doubt our financial situation under Shepherd was less than sound, I just haven't seen anything to suggest Mike Ashley & Derek Llambias have any sort of 'plan' to take us to the top. The only thing we do know Ashley has is deep pockets which he isn't particularly keen to put his hand in unless he absolutely has to.

You have to plough the field before you sow the seeds

Fuck off, Derek.

Ours, clearly.  ???

You have to plough the field before you sow the seeds

Apart from the fact Ashley hasn't so much as ploughed the field as napalmed the fucking thing.

Guest johnson293

Not entirley true, given the amount of money he had to put in toward's the debt, which was built up by the previous chairman/board.

While a lot of that is his own fault for not carrying out due diligence before buying the club, perhaps if he hadn't had to plough as much in towards the debt, then he may have been prepared to spend more on the playing side.

But should he be expected to run/fund the club and keep buying players out of his own 'deep pockets'?

Not entirley true, given the amount of money he had to put in toward's the debt, which was built up by the previous chairman/board.

While a lot of that is his own fault for not carrying out due diligence before buying the club, perhaps if he hadn't had to plough as much in towards the debt, then he may have been prepared to spend more on the playing side.

But should he be expected to run/fund the club and keep buying players out of his own 'deep pockets'?

That's exactly what you accept when you buy 100% of a football club.....unless you can run it such that revenue covers costs...which he (like Shepherd) has not been able to do.

Nope.  Fred wasn't an idiot.  O0

The facts on that beg to differ!

Whatever criticism you have of Fred (and plenty is justified), no way was he an idiot.  He helped make a massive success of a club about to drop into the third tier. [/NE5]

FYP.

Maybe he would have, we'll never know. However, the fact he was unwilling to spend last January when it was obvious to all we were in a relegation dogfight still sticks in my throat.

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen the interview on SSN & tbf to Del he comes across better on the box than when you see the words on screen. I would imagine by the red carpet he was standing on he was at the premiere of his sons film. I wonder if NUFC charged Llambliar jnr for using Sjp or it was a freebie.

Was wondering where he was cos i missed the intro. Agree with you about the way it came across