Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that we would have been relagated  to the 2nd Division.

Ashley has achieved it and now some people are grateful he is taking us back up! 

5 years ago it wasn't unthinkable.

Dekka said it was unthinkable last about this time last year.

I think he must've been the only person in Newcastle who couldn't see it coming.

not seeing it coming and being unthinkable are totally different ideas.

Guest toonlass

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

hey blef....was farty man farting today ?

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

I have cold so I couldn't smell the cunt today. Believe it or not it made the result even better :lol:

"I can't smell it" are usually the words of a guilty man. :rolleyes:

Not guilty, guv. I sit in row Y so if I did shat myself I'd only be gassing wor kid and my mates.

Depends on if this is you or not (but I know it isn't)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=341802503548

5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that we would have been relagated  to the 2nd Division.

Ashley has achieved it and now some people are grateful he is taking us back up! 

5 years ago it wasn't unthinkable.

Dekka said it was unthinkable last about this time last year.

I think he must've been the only person in Newcastle who couldn't see it coming.

fuck off man...as if he's based in Newcastle...

Far to early to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I see it like this - we were not a Championship club until Mike Ashley bought us. Due to his gross mismanagement we are now a league lower than we realistically should be. Now I'm not a Keegan fanboy who thinks he can do no wrong (although I believe he was justified in leaving) and while his sacking/resignation was the catalyst it wasn't the only reason I and many others got f***ed off. Last year was more than just farcical on the pitch - it was genuinely offensive off it too. There was a contempt shown for the support by Derek Llambias (and Ashley by proxy, although he was quiet) that made Freddy Shepherd look caring and for that reason I'm still going to sing, chant and do whatever else I need to do to convey my annoyance (although FCB song is a bit boring now).

Providing we get back up and build I'm happy to forgive and forget. One condition is that Ashley needs to get rid of Disco Dekka and talk to the fans directly, not through some Mockney rent-a-gob who has no idea what he's doing.

What is singing anti Ashley songs going to achieve?  I agree with most of your post but the singing seems pointless especially while we're relying on the bloke to pay the bills and buy the players that we'll need if we're going to make any impression on the Premiership if we do go up.

The problem with that approach is it will make it easy for them to revert to type. Thats if they have changed their ways, which is highly debatable. Until were 100% certain he isnt just playing us for fools again its in the best interests of the club to keep the pressure on. This doesnt mean we have to organise a lynch mob or even carry on with the FCB chants, only that we dont trust him on the flimsiest of evidence.

This is why I keep banging on about the loans. The only way they can be repaid is by using any profits the club makes, and the only way the club can make sufficiently large profits is by gambling on staying up on a shoestring. This would be very bad for our long term prospects, but very good for Mikes bank balance. All this stuff about having a transfer war chest in two years time may be true, or it may be ruse to make sure we keep on handing over our cash long enough for Ashley to get his money back. I dont know which is true, but I do know our success this season has resulted in a lot of people taking their eye of the ball.

I'm not miles away from your thinking but the proof of what he has done so far is that he's taking nothing out of the club and he's said that he'll never take anything out.  So far the clubs accounts have backed that up and he's put more than ever in this season, he can't do any more than he's done.

Far to early to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I see it like this - we were not a Championship club until Mike Ashley bought us. Due to his gross mismanagement we are now a league lower than we realistically should be. Now I'm not a Keegan fanboy who thinks he can do no wrong (although I believe he was justified in leaving) and while his sacking/resignation was the catalyst it wasn't the only reason I and many others got f***ed off. Last year was more than just farcical on the pitch - it was genuinely offensive off it too. There was a contempt shown for the support by Derek Llambias (and Ashley by proxy, although he was quiet) that made Freddy Shepherd look caring and for that reason I'm still going to sing, chant and do whatever else I need to do to convey my annoyance (although FCB song is a bit boring now).

Providing we get back up and build I'm happy to forgive and forget. One condition is that Ashley needs to get rid of Disco Dekka and talk to the fans directly, not through some Mockney rent-a-gob who has no idea what he's doing.

What is singing anti Ashley songs going to achieve?  I agree with most of your post but the singing seems pointless especially while we're relying on the bloke to pay the bills and buy the players that we'll need if we're going to make any impression on the Premiership if we do go up.

If it's pointless then what does it matter to you or anyone else? My breath, my lungs, my vocal cords, I'm going to flick the verbal Vs at our bumbling owner. Not only am I going to do it but a few hundred/thousand others are too. In the words of Bobby Brown it's my prerogative.

It's not going to have any effect on his position at the club, it's not going to effect performances on the pitch, let's get over it.

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

hey blef....was farty man farting today ?

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

I have cold so I couldn't smell the cunt today. Believe it or not it made the result even better :lol:

"I can't smell it" are usually the words of a guilty man. :rolleyes:

Not guilty, guv. I sit in row Y so if I did shat myself I'd only be gassing wor kid and my mates.

Depends on if this is you or not (but I know it isn't)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=341802503548

I'm offended. He's a bit of a state.

If it's pointless then what does it matter to you or anyone else? My breath, my lungs, my vocal cords, I'm going to flick the verbal Vs at our bumbling owner. Not only am I going to do it but a few hundred/thousand others are too. In the words of Bobby Brown it's my prerogative.

It's not going to have any effect on his position at the club, it's not going to effect performances on the pitch, let's get over it.

It might have an effect on how much Hughton has to spend next season when we're looking to spend his money on new players and he wonders why he should bother.  He might just decide that we don't need that many new players because the settled club will do enough to keep us up.

It might have an effect on how much Hughton has to spend next season when we're looking to spend his money on new players and he wonders why he should bother.  He might just decide that we don't need that many new players because the settled club will do enough to keep us up.

So he's going to risk the value of his only real saleable asset because of some well deserved nasty songs directed towards him? :lol:

If there is any chance at all that this has some grounding in reality then it just cements my opinion that we need rid as soon as.

The problem with that approach is it will make it easy for them to revert to type. That’s if they have changed their ways, which is highly debatable. Until we’re 100% certain he isn’t just playing us for fools again it’s in the best interests of the club to keep the pressure on. This doesn’t mean we have to organise a lynch mob or even carry on with the FCB chants, only that we don’t trust him on the flimsiest of evidence.

This is why I keep banging on about the loans. The only way they can be repaid is by using any profits the club makes, and the only way the club can make sufficiently large profits is by gambling on staying up on a shoestring. This would be very bad for our long term prospects, but very good for Mike’s bank balance. All this stuff about having a transfer war chest in two years time may be true, or it may be ruse to make sure we keep on handing over our cash long enough for Ashley to get his money back. I don’t know which is true, but I do know our ‘success’ this season has resulted in a lot of people taking their eye of the ball.

I'm not miles away from your thinking but the proof of what he has done so far is that he's taking nothing out of the club and he's said that he'll never take anything out.  So far the clubs accounts have backed that up and he's put more than ever in this season, he can't do any more than he's done.

He can stop his MD from making (although its just his mouthpiece) patronising & offensive comments about his 'customers', he can appoint a proper football MD to run that side of the club instead of a mate, he can talk for himself the on tv the odd time. As for backing the manager in the future, we all hope he does, and wait to see what happens on that front, but people are rightly skeptical, and he dosent deserve total trust back.

He's payed the bills, and covered the costs of his shambolic mistakes, and not put us into administration. Quite frankly I'd expect that, and while I do appreciate things could be worse,  and thankfully the owner does have deep pockets, West Ham for example are obviously a worse siatuion,  I dont agree with Llambias comments that we should be grateful Ashley has not been even more of a t*** and refused to pay the bills - that dosent mean he 'cant do anymore', imo.

Anyone catch a Mackems pathetic attempt at humour on the emails bit. Well it went along the lines of:

Girl: And a Unlucky Newcastle fan says he missed all six goals because he was buying pies

How did they think that was genuine  :lol:

So he's going to risk the value of his only real saleable asset because of some well deserved nasty songs directed towards him? :lol:

If there is any chance at all that this has some grounding in reality then it just cements my opinion that we need rid as soon as.

If he looks at the Premier table and sees Birmingham 8 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand he might think we can do that.

Guest malandro

The problem with that approach is it will make it easy for them to revert to type. That’s if they have changed their ways, which is highly debatable. Until we’re 100% certain he isn’t just playing us for fools again it’s in the best interests of the club to keep the pressure on. This doesn’t mean we have to organise a lynch mob or even carry on with the FCB chants, only that we don’t trust him on the flimsiest of evidence.

This is why I keep banging on about the loans. The only way they can be repaid is by using any profits the club makes, and the only way the club can make sufficiently large profits is by gambling on staying up on a shoestring. This would be very bad for our long term prospects, but very good for Mike’s bank balance. All this stuff about having a transfer war chest in two years time may be true, or it may be ruse to make sure we keep on handing over our cash long enough for Ashley to get his money back. I don’t know which is true, but I do know our ‘success’ this season has resulted in a lot of people taking their eye of the ball.

So far being the thing. Hopefully you’re right and I’m wrong.

Whatever the long term holds next season is going to be a different kettle of fish if we go up, which barring a drastic reversal of fortune we will. I trust there will be no booing at SJP, no calls for Hughton to be replaced, and no criticism of Ashley’s commitment to the welfare of NUFC from those who are so eager to give him the benefit of the doubt this season.

He can stop his MD from making (although its just his mouthpiece) patronising & offensive comments about his 'customers', he can appoint a proper football MD to run that side of the club instead of a mate, he can talk for himself the on tv the odd time. As for backing the manager in the future, we all hope he does, and wait to see what happens on that front, but people are rightly skeptical, and he dosent deserve total trust back.

He's payed the bills, and covered the costs of his shambolic mistakes, and not put us into administration. Quite frankly I'd expect that, and while I do appreciate things could be worse,  and thankfully the owner does have deep pockets, West Ham for example are obviously a worse siatuion,  I dont agree with Llambias comments that we should be grateful Ashley has not been even more of a t*** and refused to pay the bills - that dosent mean he 'cant do anymore', imo.

I'm sure the Portsmouth fans thought that every owner they've had this season would automatically pay the bills but they haven't.  I'm grateful that our owner has paid our bills and that we'll hopefully be in the top league next season because without him this season we would be unlikely to be in the position that we are.  That doesn't change what he's done wrong in the past and it doesn't make any mistake any easier, it just makes our future look a little bit brighter.  You could rightly point out that he's part of the reason why we are in this division, that doesn't change where we are now and where we look to be heading. 

Like I've already said we can only hope to change the future, not the past.

Brings back memories of Keegan's team beating Barnsley 6-0 on the way to championship.

I was there that night - Gallowgate Scoreboard section. :coolsmiley:

:thup: Milburn Stand - Gallowgate Wing

:thup: Leazes End - right behind Johnny Bez's penalty, awesome night.

So far being the thing. Hopefully you’re right and I’m wrong.

Whatever the long term holds next season is going to be a different kettle of fish if we go up, which barring a drastic reversal of fortune we will. I trust there will be no booing at SJP, no calls for Hughton to be replaced, and no criticism of Ashley’s commitment to the welfare of NUFC from those who are so eager to give him the benefit of the doubt this season.

I think that sort of behaviour is more likely to come from tits who only registered on this site recently to post their agenda driven poison really. Oops! I wasn't talking about you honestly!

The problem with that approach is it will make it easy for them to revert to type. Thats if they have changed their ways, which is highly debatable. Until were 100% certain he isnt just playing us for fools again its in the best interests of the club to keep the pressure on. This doesnt mean we have to organise a lynch mob or even carry on with the FCB chants, only that we dont trust him on the flimsiest of evidence.

This is why I keep banging on about the loans. The only way they can be repaid is by using any profits the club makes, and the only way the club can make sufficiently large profits is by gambling on staying up on a shoestring. This would be very bad for our long term prospects, but very good for Mikes bank balance. All this stuff about having a transfer war chest in two years time may be true, or it may be ruse to make sure we keep on handing over our cash long enough for Ashley to get his money back. I dont know which is true, but I do know our success this season has resulted in a lot of people taking their eye of the ball.

No-one expected there to be 40,000+ fans at most games this season - wasn't it said early on that they had budgeted for 25,000.  It would be nice if on occasion, Llambias remembered that and instead of berating fans for being "unreasonable" (are they so upset by a couple of songs?), actually thanked them for their continued support.  I do not sing the Ashley out stuff myself but see no harm in it because by not singing it, they seem to take the viewpoint that everyone else is fully supportive of them which is plainly not true.  I am sick of being reminded every 5 minutes of how much money Ashley has put into the club and being told to be grateful whilst the investment made by the fans is ignored.  He owns the Club and because of his own mistakes, he is doing what he has to do to protect his own investment and they should be grateful that enough people are still turning up to games.

If he looks at the Premier table and sees Birmingham 8 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand he might think we can do that.

What's that got to do with anything? If he not only believes we can reach that height next season but adjusts his aims and not his back balance because he's still in the fans bad books that says more about him than it does about us. If we become a yo-yo club it'll be more costly to him than it will be to us, as the club he bought for £300+ million, debt and all, goes down the swanny.

The songs are a product of his mismanagement, not the cause. As a paying "customer" *shudders* I feel I have every right to air my grievnces in a way which wont effect performances until I see a tangible change.

I still think it's understandable, the songs may be from the wrong hymn sheet though, which is understandably why people are starting to get sick of it. Imo though Ashley and Llambias will love that there's conflict of opinion on it between fans.

To me the songs are sung because despite our position, and despite promises of invenstment. He put us in this position, and his promises have been nothing but hollow, and downright lies for a long time.

In time he may prove to be right with his promises, and at that point I'll say fair enough. But at this stage they've got some right f***ing cheek to be thinking we're stupid enough to forget all of the lies, all of the s***, basically just because those same liars are now telling us that they're committed. Bluntly, f*** off. One good transfer window, admitting you've made mistakes, and saying you'll invest doesn't paint the full picture, and they'll do themselves no favours by suggesting that those that refuse to go away and shut up about it aren't real fans.

imo the songs are wrong, but the sentiment is right. Less 'get out of our club' and more 'show us why we think you should stay.'

We're top of the league and are so by some distance now, what more could the club do?  I always think you should judge somebody by what they do and not what they say.  At this time we're doing very well and could hardly do any better and that's how I’ll judge them.

Exactly, but obviously the damage isn't undone, and until there is real evidence to suggest they're not continuing with their persistent lying then the fans can sing what they like imo. My only gripe with them is that the songs aren't quite right.

You might think, what more can we do? At the moment, nothing. In all, a colossal amount.

i love this persistent lying stuff. they all tell lies all the time. i wouldn't want them to tell the truth all the time.

There's embellishing, and hype and that I dont mind. It's the whole misleading, contradictory and unsupported claims throughout their time that will go a long way before being forgiven.

What though?

Seriously,  I can think of one or two where they were trying to defend their position re keegan, though its tough to pin a particular instance down tbh, but what are you seeing as these consistant and persistant lies?

No-one expected there to be 40,000+ fans at most games this season - wasn't it said early on that they had budgeted for 25,000. 

Where was that said?

It would be nice if on occasion, Llambias remembered that and instead of berating fans for being "unreasonable" (are they so upset by a couple of songs?), actually thanked them for their continued support. 

Almost daily in the Chron or Journal someone from the club says how unbelievable the crowds are. Yes clearly they are upset, they have admitted the mistakes and hope people can move on, but it means nowt. People take any interview any way they want to. Actions mean everything, and thier actions seem to be improving, and that's worth recognising.

This is a great season so far, but hey, that means nowt if they leave Hughton in the shit next season, or bugger off leaving us in the hands of another faceless foraigner who talks the talk but shite else. As is though fair play, Llambias shoud shut up and praise will follow if they deserve it, the only problem semse to be that some people are so set against them that whatever happens the bitterness remains.

/sorry for drunken bollocks. Will probably delete in the morning. O0

first post since FT - went on the hoy post-match.

More than likely been said 1000 times but the sending off changed the game.  We were 1 dimensional 1st half, only going down the left.  Jonas and Pancrate swapped over after about half an hour and Jonas seemed to have more luck getting into space down the right, whereas he and Jose were being doubled upon down the left.

They seemed to try and have 2 up top, even with 10 men for large parts.  I'm not sure we'd have got another 5 had they gone 4-4-1 for 45 minutes.  Still, am chuffed with that.

This is classic N-O. We just won 6-1 but why be happy when you can start up another boring Ashley argument instead!

Honestly wish it was confined to N-O.  Without a doubt there are these arguments going on around the river Tyne right now.