I miss Mourinho

Guest toonlass

I love him. The funniest thing is that when he was with us he was very mild-mannered and soft-spoken. Then years later it was--- woah! What happened to him?

We have had a lot of banter between us over the years (I remember the "Barcelona is a place well known for its great theater" one), and I cherished meeting Chelsea in the CL just for the chance of having a go with him. I really miss him being in the Premiership, that league fitted him a lot.

Is he waiting for the Man Utd job then? Probably the only one out there who's good enough, young enough and has a big enough ego to handle it IMO.

It would be interesting if Liverpool went after him in the summer.

Is he waiting for the Man Utd job then?

Don't think he would go there with the current owner situation of Liverpool.

I think he is wating for Man Utd. Probably Man Utd are waiting for him as well. I could see ManU fall apart as soon as Sir Alex left - the only one who I could think of as a decent enough replacement for him would be Mourinho.

Is he waiting for the Man Utd job then? Probably the only one out there who's good enough, young enough and has a big enough ego to handle it IMO.

Agree with the Man U part of that.

He wouldn't go to Liverpool imo.

Absolutely love him. A sad lack of managers like that in today's game - his charismatic, arrogant approach to football is highly refreshing and welcomed IMO.

I'd go along with the one criticism, of him perhaps coaching some of the flair out of players but ultimately, his statistical record is sensational.

Guest Stephen927

Alot of people didn't like him when he was managing in England, I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Would like to see him go to a team that isn't already number 1 or 2 in the country and/or has a boat load of cash and see what he could do. Would be interesting if he did go to Liverpool and see if he could transform them.

Alot of people didn't like him when he was managing in England, I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I've never really liked him, always come across as a bit of a twat to me, and not in a lovable way. Always remember that shushing thing he did in the carling cup final to the Liverpool fans, whilst funny as it was Liverpool, if I had been one of those fans near to him I think I would have climbed over the boards and attacked him.

I've never really liked him, always come across as a bit of a t*** to me, and not in a lovable way. Always remember that shushing thing he did in the carling cup final to the Liverpool fans, whilst funny as it was Liverpool, if I had been one of those fans near to him I think I would have climbed over the boards and attacked him.

:lol:

I used to hate him, but as soon as he left i missed him!

Guest Stephen927

I've never really liked him, always come across as a bit of a t*** to me, and not in a lovable way. Always remember that shushing thing he did in the carling cup final to the Liverpool fans, whilst funny as it was Liverpool, if I had been one of those fans near to him I think I would have climbed over the boards and attacked him.

:lol:

I used to hate him, but as soon as he left i missed him!

It's when you realise just how boring managers in this league are that you miss him, the likes of Ferguson, Ancelotti, Benetiz, all boring. With Mourinho you had a guy who came out with interesting points and baited other managers, it's all too lovey dovey now.

Loved him when he was here. I was very disappointed when he left, fairly sure he'll be back like.

Guest toonlass

Loved him when he was here. I was very disappointed when he left, fairly sure he'll be back like.

Aye, he will be back like

In some way his press conferences remember me of Keegan. Keegan's pk's also were excellent just like Mourinho's.

Just thinking that myself tbh i could listen too him in the 3 bulls after the match and you could hear a pin drop  :smitten: god i could only wish

Guest firetotheworks

Great manager, but dislike the type of manager that he is. He coached the flair out of players like Duff and Joe Cole as part of getting a very expensively assembled squad to grind out results with defensive/spoiling tactics instead of playing good football.

I dont understand this at all. If anything Cole turned into a much more productive and creative player, and Duff was part of the team when they were at their best, with him and Robben swapping wings.

Loved him at Porto and wanted him here.

He has only proven his worth as a legend since Costinha's winner v Man U in the semis those years back. His arrogance is well earned.

Says he learned everything he knows about management from SBR and van Gaal... I can't think of two better mentors for learning the trade.

After listening too all the horse shit on Talksport from Adrian (i am right you are wrong and an idiot) Durham i am so pleased Inter won tbh so that smug cunt can spout more shit and we can all give him the  :thefinger:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen927
I'm not happy in Italian football - Jose Mourinho

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has sparked speculation about his future in Italian football after insisting: "I don't like it and it doesn't like me."

Mourinho has not spoken to the Italian media for a month and was recently fined £35,000 by the Italian Football Federation for criticising officials.

"I am very happy at Inter but not in Italian football," said Mourinho.

The 47-year-old, who left Chelsea in 2007, has made no secret of his desire to return to the English game.

"I always speak with my heart but if I spoke with my heart now about Serie A I would be suspended," added Mourinho.

His comments came on the eve of his side's Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow.

Mourinho's Inter knocked out his former club Chelsea in the last round of the Champions League and are currently top of Serie A.

But his side have seen a healthy lead whittled down to just one point by Roma, to whom they lost 2-1 on Saturday, and three points by AC Milan.

He received a £16,000 fine last month for claiming "everything was done for us not to win" following a 2-0 defeat of AC Milan, a game in which Inter had two players sent off.

Mourinho also said the game had left a "strange taste" in his mouth, adding: "I've realised they won't let us wrap up the championship early".

He subsequently received a three-game touchline ban and was fined £35,000 for "insulting officials" during a game against Sampdoria.

Mourinho also made a 'handcuffs' gesture after seeing Walter Samuel sent off and Ivan Cordoba booked during the 0-0 draw, with the gesture interpreted as him suggesting his side were being victimised by referees.

Reports in Italy suggested referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment.

Also in February, Mourinho paid a £11,500 fine to settle a disciplinary case over an altercation with a journalist last December.

Mourinho has been linked with a return to the Premier League, where he won the title twice with Chelsea, with Manchester City and Liverpool both touted as possible destinations.

Hmm...