Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kirkpatrick9

If this is true (we've had no confirmation), its a storm in a tea cup. FFS this s*** happens at every club once in a while. No one would've heard about it if there was no injury.

If its true Taylor was blindsided he'll be pissed off for a while.

IMO the best thing for these two is either

1. shake hands, forget about it.

2. Have one or two minutes of sparring with head guards, no peers watching, shake hands, forget about it.

If this is true (we've had no confirmation), its a storm in a tea cup. FFS this s*** happens at every club once in a while. No one would've heard about it if there was no injury.

2. Have one or two minutes of sparring with head guards, no peers watching, shake hands, forget about it.

:mackems:

Guest guinness_fiend

Are you related to this chap by any chance?

http://www.pantherkut.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lost-lion-thundercock.jpg

Guest kirkpatrick9

:mackems:

saving face mate

Depends on the why I got one really.

If I was minding my own business and the local nutter leapt out from behind a wall and chinned me then i'd be a bit pissed off.

If I was taking the piss out of the local nutter in the pub and he chinned me, then i'd probably have deserved it.

So you think taking the piss out of somebody is reason enough for you to be the subject of an attack.  :lol:

What is it they say, 'play with the bull and you get the horns' or something like that.

There are some people you are safe taking the piss out of (face to face) and obviously some you aren't.

What, a player throwing a sly but full-blooded punch at a team-mate from his blind side - a punch strong enough to break his jaw (and let's not forget Taylor is a big lad) - happens at every club once in a while?

Jesus wept.

No one really knows the full story yet, in the journal it's suggested that the row was over women and wages so I doubt Taylor was completely innocent in all this considering his antics when he wanted a bumper pay rise a year ago. Let the club sort it out, they'll have the best access to the full facts.

Still amazed that 232 people have seen fit to vote on something they know absolutely nothing about.

Just hope these people can't be bothered to make the trip to the polling station come election day.

Guest Phil K

Still amazed that 232 people have seen fit to vote on something they know absolutely nothing about.

Just hope these people can't be bothered to make the trip to the polling station come election day.

You can guarantee only 50% at most will turn up in May no matter what - and probably only 20% of THEM will know ANYTHING about politics.

But as for this - people will always talk and argue about stuff thats in the rags and act as if they know significantly more than they actually do.

Human nature - this board is no different.

And sometimes it's a lot worse than elsewhere too.....

saving face mate

Oh, plenty of taking the p*ss- but actually defusing this and trying not to leave lasting and damaging bad feelings, or making two camps in the squad (the rags already had Barton seeming to "side" with Carroll - hell, he's been through the same, stands to reason he would do something) will be difficult, but not impossible.

Let's get up and this season out the way and worry about it all then.

Guest The_Scoreboard

If Carroll was fined by the club he can only be fined 2 weeks wages maximum. Carroll could take it to the PFA if they try to fine him more. Whoever said to fine him five times his wages (they said he was on 10k and wanted him fined 50k) should realise the club can't do that.

aye i was thinking along those lines but 20k isnowt to these players :crazy2:

I think most of us have picked up on things written & various whispers so we have a idea of the things that are/in the melting pot. Of course we don't a have the finer detail but then this is the case for most news stories.

Guest icemanblue

I'm coming around to the idea that I'd quite like it if it was dealt with completely in house & we never found out what happened & the club didn't comment at all.

Agree with this, completely.

The Journal understands that Steven Taylor is willing to move on and will not look to press criminal charges against his teammate, although he does expect Carroll to be disciplined by the club for the assault, as well as an apology.

An internal investigation has already begun into the training ground incident and both players will be spoken to this week, as well as witnesses who saw the fight and the argument which led to it.

The club continued to refuse to comment on the issue yesterday and the players have also been banned from speaking about it.

From  The Journal

The Journal understands that Steven Taylor is willing to move on and will not look to press criminal charges against his teammate, although he does expect Carroll to be disciplined by the club for the assault, as well as an apology.

An internal investigation has already begun into the training ground incident and both players will be spoken to this week, as well as witnesses who saw the fight and the argument which led to it.

The club continued to refuse to comment on the issue yesterday and the players have also been banned from speaking about it.

From  The Journal

Yesterday's journal was brilliant.

It basically said

Steven Taylor is injured

He's broken his jaw

It happened at the training ground

We don't know how

Finger on the pulse of North East Sport. :nods:

From  The Journal

Yesterday's journal was brilliant.

It basically said

Steven Taylor is injured

He's broken his jaw

It happened at the training ground

We don't know how

Finger on the pulse of North East Sport. :nods:

Luke Edwards being away & the paper was already setup with all the pre-match stuff meant things were tight. I read them two paragraphs as well, wish I had of bought the another paper for the bus journey. I would imagine the coverage has increased today though even post-match will be main topic.

Credit to Hughton for handling the situation (whatever happened) well so far..

The puppet is waiting for Nolan, Smithy, Butty, Ashley & Del to tell him what to do next that is why he is on mute.

bullshit

The puppet is waiting for Nolan, Smithy, Butty, Ashley & Del to tell him what to do next that is why he is on mute.

bullshit

You think the puppet is real manager!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!

bullshit

You think the puppet is real manager!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!

No offense man, I'm far away from things and I realise you know a lot more than me about the club and the players.  But imo, Hughton deserves the most credit for this season's performances. And I think a media embargo is the right thing to do in this particular situation.

Guest toonlass

Steven Taylor is well known as a player who is always taking the piss and playing tricks on people, for all we know he could have been winding Carroll up for a while about being with his lass first and being on more money and Carroll just snapped. I am not saying that's what definitely happened, but we have no clue why Carroll hit him (or IF Carroll hit him~as nowt has been confirmed), so I am not prepared to vote to say what should happen.

I like the fact he's banned everyone from speaking about it.

That means everything in the media is "speculation", even if most of it is probably correct.

In my eyes this is a chance for Chris to show his management skills, so far he's got this spot on.

I like the fact he's banned everyone from speaking about it.

That means everything in the media is "speculation", even if most of it is probably correct.

In my eyes this is a chance for Chris to show his management skills, so far he's got this spot on.

I don't suppose that decision was made by Hughton at all, but it's the right one.