Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I appreciate the Barton situation was handled, shall we say 'differently' but I think it was a different situation.  Here, I think there should be only one outcome, Carroll should be sacked immediately for gross misconduct.  If we let him off with a fine, you set a precedent and send out the totally wrong message to the other players, club and fans.  Unless there was significant mitigating circumstances which we don't know about, it should not be accepted at any football club, with any player, regardless of how important they are.  The bottom line is you cannot break a team mates jaw and expect to keep your job.

No player is ever going to be sacked if he has a market value, especially by penny-pinching Mike Ashley.

I appreciate the Barton situation was handled, shall we say 'differently' but I think it was a different situation.  Here, I think there should be only one outcome, Carroll should be sacked immediately for gross misconduct.  If we let him off with a fine, you set a precedent and send out the totally wrong message to the other players, club and fans.  Unless there was significant mitigating circumstances which we don't know about, it should not be accepted at any football club, with any player, regardless of how important they are.  The bottom line is you cannot break a team mates jaw and expect to keep your job.

Nice moral stance, but when he signs for free for Wigan or Wolves or someone, bangs in a hattrick against us and they sell him for 10 million to Spuds at least we'll know we were morally right.

You can't afford to take the high ground in football these days, other clubs don't do it, why should we ?

I don't think the club will take the stance I am advocating because it continues to be run poorly and its a short term view.

Long term I disagree - in any business you run, you need to create the right culture and standards.

Some clubs may take that stance but it doesn't mean they are right.

what if it means we end up in the play offs?

Regardless, its about setting standards which are acceptable at our football club.  I don't think that will happen but it wouldn't be because we sacked him, it would be because he did it in the first place.

no, you are right, but firstly the facts need to established, and then i'll say it again - leave it till may, promotion is more important than teaching a thug a lesson at the moment (for me anyway). do what u want with them once we're in the premier league, but i'm not a letting a couple of neanderthaals spoil things  for us all.

I agree that the facts need to be established, I don't know what actually happened so there may be other things that went on. 

Guest kirkpatrick9

So to summarise:

There's been unconfirmed speculation of a brawl between Taylor and Carroll at the training ground.

Currently the only alleged evidence of this brawl taking place is Taylor spent the night in hospital with a broken jaw.

Despite this understandable lack of information the media and 'ITK's have attempted to fill in the gaps leading a couple of fans to swiftly mount there high horses and demand heads should roll.

Is that about right?

LOL

So to summarise:

There's been unconfirmed speculation of a brawl between Taylor and Carroll at the training ground.

Currently the only alleged evidence of this brawl taking place is Taylor spent the night in hospital with a broken jaw.

Despite this understandable lack of information the media and 'ITK's have attempted to fill in the gaps leading a couple of fans to swiftly mount there high horses and demand heads should roll.

Is that about right?

LOL

You missed out Carrolls visit to the hand trauma unit at the RVI

:D

Guest Phil K

"If it's true" is the main point.

With the media's track record, it wouldn't surprise me if this was an example of adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 17 and three sixteenths. The media haven't exactly been slow to do this kind of story in the past.

That said, someone needs to read the riot act to Carrol, thats for sure.

His record hardly need the rags to blacken it.

The dozy charver will destroy a promising career at this rate.

Stupid moronic peabrained etc etc if true.

Guest Phil K

Is This incident any worse than the Ousmane Dabo incident joey barton was involved in?

Barton kept hitting him after he was unconscious.

There's a massive difference between two men getting into an argument and being a complete looney that picks fights with kids outside Maccy D's/

Where did you get that ?

The papers ?

Be wary what you read

Barton is a psychotic thug who has never learned his lesson

If someone hangs around with thugs, as both Barton and Carrol do, (remember Houllier trying to get Gerrard away from the charver scum years ago ?) they aren't going to improve.

Is This incident any worse than the Ousmane Dabo incident joey barton was involved in?

There's a massive difference between two men getting into an argument and being a complete looney that picks fights with kids outside Maccy D's/

Where did you get that ?

The papers ?

Be wary what you read

If someone hangs around with thugs, as both Barton and Carrol do, (remember Houllier trying to get Gerrard away from the charver scum years ago ?) they aren't going to improve.

Dabo was knocked unconcious, but nothing about whether Barton carried on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7482620.stm

Looks like he got battered, like

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44795000/jpg/_44795692_dabo.jpg

I must say I find the whole "he's our best goalscorer at the minute, and I don't want him signing for another team and scoring against us, and then getting sold for £10 million" argument absolutely amazing.

So on the one hand you argue that footballers are egomaniacs and are full of it and only think about themselves etc. but then you basically say that a player with a history of violence, and getting away with violence might I add, should be allowed to continue to train and play with the team, as well as collect a substantial salary even though this violent streak has reared it's head again, and this time resulting in a broken jaw for a fellow teammate.

So tell me ... what kind of effect will that ultimately have on Carroll. Do you think this treatment will make him regret his actions and be more responsible? No. Only a matter of time before he lashes out again. Why? Because once again the message is that as long as I am a popular footballer doing well I can get away with anything I please. It's laughable because if this had happened just a couple of months back every single person on here would be calling for him to be dumped.

He should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay, with the situation reviewed in the summer.

I must say I find the whole "he's our best goalscorer at the minute, and I don't want him signing for another team and scoring against us, and then getting sold for £10 million" argument absolutely amazing.

So on the one hand you argue that footballers are egomaniacs and are full of it and only think about themselves etc. but then you basically say that a player with a history of violence, and getting away with violence might I add, should be allowed to continue to train and play with the team, as well as collect a substantial salary even though this violent streak has reared it's head again, and this time resulting in a broken jaw for a fellow teammate.

So tell me ... what kind of effect will that ultimately have on Carroll. Do you think this treatment will make him regret his actions and be more responsible? No. Only a matter of time before he lashes out again. Why? Because once again the message is that as long as I am a popular footballer doing well I can get away with anything I please. It's laughable because if this had happened just a couple of months back every single person on here would be calling for him to be dumped.

He should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay, with the situation reviewed in the summer.

This.

This.

in an ideal world yes. but cant we fine him now and sell him at the end of the season. i'd rather not risk missing out on promotion. selfish i know but i couldnt take another year in the championship having to sell jose jonas colo etc.

Guest Phil K

Agree to an extent, but I DON'T agree we should possibly vandalise our own promotion prospects to "teach him a lesson"

How do you know it was him who really started it and not Taylor, affecting the team negatively just to teach him a lesson is not the answer, simply punish him and fine him, bust-up's happen all the time, if it was something more serious, Id suspend him.

If true, I would tie him up in a dark room and let Barton on him for 5 minutes. Absolute cunt...what he did just took out two players (including himself if hand is injured) who could have played an important role in the run in. Also create a toxic environment just as we see the finishing line...I'm absolutely livid!  :angry:

Where did you get that ?

The papers ?

Be wary what you read

Dabo was knocked unconcious, but nothing about whether Barton carried on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7482620.stm

Looks like he got battered, like

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44795000/jpg/_44795692_dabo.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1006/1006083_dabo_stunned_by_barton_bustup.html

Dabo says he kept hitting when he was down and unconscious.

"Apparently when I was on the floor he again punched me before being pulled off." Apparently meaning, he only found off from witnesses as he was sparkas.

There were plenty of witnesses; it's not like he could lie without it being contradicted.

Guest Phil K

Dabo says he kept hitting when he was down and unconscious.

There were plenty of witnesses; it's not like he could lie without it being contradicted.

If he was unconcious how does he know ?

As for witnesses - one will say he was a blonde fat bloke another a dark haired skinny bloke, another a turban wearing indian

You don't get it do you ?

No one is saying that it is morally the right thing to do to just give him the max fine and a slap on the wrists. It is morrally correct to permenantly suspend him or sack him, IF and it's still a big IF, the version we have been told is correct.

Call me irresponsible but I care more about Newcastle getting promotion and then being competitive next season than I do about us showing the we've done the "right thing". Suspending or sacking Carroll will have an determental effect on both the team on pitch and our finances, we are as low as we have been in recent years, we simply can not afford this.

Guest thefishman

.com has carroll to play tonight

Wonder if he punches the corner flag when he gets a hatrick tonight?

.com has carroll to play tonight

Wonder if he punches the corner flag when he gets a hatrick tonight?

In this styleee?

http://pics.livejournal.com/miselemeas/pic/0001q2y9/s320x240