Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

None ofthe above!

We cant afford to make a moral stand at this point. Investigate and fine him at the end of the season if found guilty

What message does it send to a player? that HE IS above the law? that we can make allowences for him to punch who he likes until we are promoted? let's say he punched someone every day until the season closes, at what point would you say "hang on, perhaps he's crossed the line now?" - genuine question.

Carroll must not have a brain in his head already on remand and now this he will do time GET RID we already have Barton we do not need another idiot at the club, houghton has been playing him up latelty and he has let the club and fans down  :idiot2:

I've heard this from someone claiming to be ITK.

Some years back Taylor used to go out with Carroll's current girlfriend (and now mother of Carroll's child). Taylor had started texting her recently for some reason, she told him to stop, he didn't. She told Carroll that Taylor had been texting her. Carroll confronted Taylor and the rest is history.

Shame that none of the lads I know still speak to 'all the way' Faye! ;)

I can well imagine Taylor, who isn't the sharpest, saying or doing something to annoy Carroll, who is a hot-head, and getting a slap for his trouble.

Got Shearer v Gillespie overtones this, nothing more, just a worse outcome for one thats all.

Surely there has to be police action over this, once you have to go to hospital for a broken jaw it's no longer a matter of "Oh, I don't want to press charges" is it?  Looks like it would be classified as GBH

Common Assault:

* Grazes;

* Scratches;

* Abrasions;

* Minor bruising;

* Swellings;

* Reddening of the skin;

* Superficial cuts;

* A 'black eye.'

Section 47 Assault (ABH):

* Loss or breaking of tooth or teeth;

* · Temporary loss of sensory functions, which may include loss of consciousness. T v Director of Public Prosecutions, [2003] Crim. L. R. 622

* Extensive or multiple bruising;

* displaced broken nose;

* minor fractures;

* minor, but not merely superficial, cuts of a sort probably requiring medical treatment (e.g. stitches);

* psychiatric injury that is more than mere emotions such as fear, distress or panic. In any case where psychiatric injury is relied upon, as the basis for an allegation of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and the matter is not admitted by the defence, then expert evidence must be called by the prosecution. (R v Chan-****, 99 Cr. App. R. 147, CA).

Section 20 wounding (GBH):

# Grievous bodily harm means serious bodily harm. (Archbold 19-206). It is for the jury to decide whether the harm is serious. However, examples of what would usually amount to serious harm include:

* injury resulting in permanent disability or permanent loss of sensory function;

* injury which results in more than minor permanent, visible disfigurement; broken or displaced limbs or bones, including fractured skull;

* compound fractures, broken cheek bone, jaw, ribs, etc;

* injuries which cause substantial loss of blood, usually necessitating a transfusion;

* injuries resulting in lengthy treatment or incapacity;

* psychiatric injury. As with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, appropriate expert evidence is essential to prove the injury.

They'd still need someone to talk. If nobody will there's little they can do.

Let's face it, Taylor probably isn't talking right now.

Something has to be done about Carrolls disciplinary problems tbh. It's not as if this is a one off either, and you can gurantee he'll be in more trouble after this if it isnt nipped in the bud.

Nah its bout time we had someone with a left hook.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Honestly i would keep him playing until we are guaranteed promotion then suspend him from the first team and stick him in the reserves so he doesnt get to enjoy promotion with the rest of the TEAM, oh and a massive fine aswell(is he on £10K, if so about £50k shud be enuff). Getting Stuart Pearce on the phone to remind him he better change his ways or the only national team he will play for will be Scotland. :knuppel2:

This is all bollocks of course if the rozzers get hold of him and he becomes Ian Huntleys room mate  :rolleyes:

There must be ways to punish players for their demeanours that actually mean something, stop it happenning again, and act as a deterrent to future players, while not removing good players from the team.

For instance, if it was true regarding the texting issue, and I was Hughton, I'd confiscate Taylor and Carroll's phone, confiscate their car keys, make them live with myself and Colin Calderwood until the end of the season and ban them from seeing any wives/girlfriends.

Guest Heneage

If Carroll has done anything other than defend himself then he should be sacked.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/atoz/programmes/f/family_fortunes/bygraves_duhduhh.jpg

Fuck any moral high ground for now. If he is the guilty party but can still realistically play within the team then he should.

Once promotion is guaranteed, then take the necessary action.

I'd love to see the reaction of some of our fans if it was them who had received a fractured or broken jaw.  I wonder if they would be taking the same stance, I doubt it.

Depends on the why I got one really.

If I was minding my own business and the local nutter leapt out from behind a wall and chinned me then i'd be a bit pissed off.

If I was taking the piss out of the local nutter in the pub and he chinned me, then i'd probably have deserved it.

f*** any moral high ground for now. If he is the guilty party but can still realistically play within the team then he should.

Once promotion is guaranteed, then take the necessary action.

We'll go up without him and the club is shit if he's the aggressor and is allowed to play on.