Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

do you usually get 2 nights in hospital for a broken jaw?

depends how quick they can get you in for a repair, but yeah easily 2 nights.

That's ok then, thought it might be something more serious.

I know it sounds really superficial, but all i'm really concerned about is getting promotion. they can deal with the pair in may. fine them now leave it at that.

if it means carroll getting away with things again in the short term to ensure promotion, then i'm willing to go along with that. the club is bigger than both of them. nowt wrong in the club fining them and then anouncing that their long term futures will be decided in 6 weeks.

Taylor will be off imo. Just seems like he will spit the dummy out and leave for Chelsea*

(so he will think. He'll end up at a "stepping stone" club for the rest of his career)

Both need punisheed, did Taylor throw punches? was it a full brawl that he lost? or was it an out of the blue sucka punch from Carroll?

A lot depends on these things before it can be decided how its handled, also if both these players can get past it and stay at the same club.

Damn just read about this. This is just the sort of thing we don't need right now. Why the fuck do we always self distruct ? Gotta worry about Carrol's stability if this is true, a huge shame because he's easily are brightest young star.

Allegedly all over Taylor receiving texts off one of AC's exes!!! Snakes with tits.

Carroll has a kid with his bird, if it was from her you can understand his anger but it its from an ex what the fk is his issue.

I appreciate the Barton situation was handled, shall we say 'differently' but I think it was a different situation.  Here, I think there should be only one outcome, Carroll should be sacked immediately for gross misconduct.  If we let him off with a fine, you set a precedent and send out the totally wrong message to the other players, club and fans.  Unless there was significant mitigating circumstances which we don't know about, it should not be accepted at any football club, with any player, regardless of how important they are.  The bottom line is you cannot break a team mates jaw and expect to keep your job.

I appreciate the Barton situation was handled, shall we say 'differently' but I think it was a different situation.  Here, I think there should be only one outcome, Carroll should be sacked immediately for gross misconduct.  If we let him off with a fine, you set a precedent and send out the totally wrong message to the other players, club and fans.  Unless there was significant mitigating circumstances which we don't know about, it should not be accepted at any football club, with any player, regardless of how important they are.  The bottom line is you cannot break a team mates jaw and expect to keep your job.

:facepalm:

what if it means we end up in the play offs?

Regardless, its about setting standards which are acceptable at our football club.  I don't think that will happen but it wouldn't be because we sacked him, it would be because he did it in the first place.

Is This incident any worse than the Ousmane Dabo incident joey barton was involved in?

Barton kept hitting him after he was unconscious.

There's a massive difference between two men getting into an argument and being a complete looney that picks fights with kids outside Maccy D's/

So to summarise:

There's been unconfirmed speculation of a brawl between Taylor and Carroll at the training ground.

Currently the only alleged evidence of this brawl taking place is Taylor spent the night in hospital with a broken jaw.

Despite this understandable lack of information the media and 'ITK's have attempted to fill in the gaps leading a couple of fans to swiftly mount there high horses and demand heads should roll.

Is that about right?

Regardless, its about setting standards which are acceptable at our football club.  I don't think that will happen but it wouldn't be because we sacked him, it would be because he did it in the first place.

no, you are right, but firstly the facts need to established, and then i'll say it again - leave it till may, promotion is more important than teaching a thug a lesson at the moment (for me anyway). do what u want with them once we're in the premier league, but i'm not a letting a couple of neanderthaals spoil things  for us all.

Nice moral stance, but when he signs for free for Wigan or Wolves or someone, bangs in a hattrick against us and they sell him for 10 million to Spuds at least we'll know we were morally right.

You can't afford to take the high ground in football these days, other clubs don't do it, why should we ?

How would you be able to say it was Carroll's absence that would mean you'd finish outside the top 2?

Besides, it's going to take a lot, lot more than Carroll not playing for you to screw this up.