Roy Keane going to Celtic?

Stifler

Word in Ipswich has it that Roy Keane is off to Celtic.

Poor show if that's true. Ipswich gave him a chance to get back into management and have backed him against his critics. He still owes them.

Managing Celtic or Rangers must be the most unrewarding for a manager. You're up against only one serious rival in your domestic league, and coming second is failure. What's more, you have no chance of succeeding in European competition any more. Where's the fun in that?

I cant see why Shearer would go to Celtic. It's not as if he's too good for them. He's still totally unproven other than his disasterous yet shortlived spell here. I think it would be a good club for him to start off with.

Oh please God, no. Just no. Just fucking NO.

Poor show if that's true. Ipswich gave him a chance to get back into management and have backed him against his critics. He still owes them.

Managing Celtic or Rangers must be the most unrewarding for a manager. You're up against only one serious rival in your domestic league, and coming second is failure. What's more, you have no chance of succeeding in European competition any more. Where's the fun in that?

Finishing first and rubbing Rangers' noses in it.

Sparky. I'd put money on it, tbh.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/apr2007/0/0/E5231BA5-FE34-0254-B7B85C9CFD169E51.jpg

I think he would think he's too good to take the Celtic job. Arrogant cunt with ideas above his station.

He'll probably end up at West Ham in the summer if a) they stay up & b) scrape together more than £20 and a multi-pack of Walkers to offer for players. They're the only decent club that could be looking for a manager soon (bar Liverpool & maybe Chelsea, neither of whom would touch Hughes with a bargepole)

Finishing first and rubbing Rangers' noses in it.

:dontknow: Big deal. You'd have to be a fan to make it worth the hassle.

I thought Tony Mowbray was tailor-made for the Celtic job to be fair, how wrong was I?

I think he could do a job for us in the Prem mind if we don't stick with Hughton.

Word in Sweden is that Neil Lennon is taking over with Johan Mjällby as his assistant. .

Has done f*** all since Die Hard

http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/1.636793!slot100slotWide75ArticleFull/3447786819.jpg

Would you rather have Hughton in charge in the Premiership like?

I liked the way West Brom played their football in the Premiership. Granted, we don't have the players capable of that at this point but I think Mowbray would have a lot more to offer us in the top flight than Hughton.

I liked the way West Brom played their football in the Premiership. Granted, we don't have the players capable of that at this point but I think Mowbray would have a lot more to offer us in the top flight than Hughton.

I don't really care about 'liking' the way a team play in the Premiership if it means that they are going to get relegated as a consequence. You admit that our players wouldn't be capable of playing the football he'd try and get them to play and even when he had his 'own' team in the Premier League he was unable to keep them there. That sounds like an awful plan.

I don't really care about 'liking' the way a team play in the Premiership if it means that they are going to get relegated as a consequence. You admit that our players wouldn't be capable of playing the football he'd try and get them to play and even when he had his 'own' team in the Premier League he was unable to keep them there. That sounds like an awful plan.

I think with the addition of a creative central midfielder and a goalscorer we could do a lot worse than try and play our way to survival, it's a nice thought anyway.

Granted, I'd much rather avoid relegation playing dreadful football but as far as managers go, and realistic ones for us, Mowbray would certainly be preferable over Hughton for me, don't get me wrong, Hughton deserves a lot of credit for where he's got us this season but he's inept at Premiership level as he showed last season with arguably a better set of players.

His signings for Celtic are pretty terrible, and he's a smog.

Ultimately, what has Tony Mowbray achieved that Chris Hughton hasn't? Some minor success with Hibs?

If Hughton fails miserably in the Prem, then yeah, we look around, but not till then.

Yeah, I think to say Hughton is 'inept' at PL level is pretty harsh considering he's never actually been a PL manager. You cannot judge someone on a few games as caretaker, it's madness. I actually think Mowbray was treated harshly by Celtic, they should have given him this season to entirely bed in and judged him on next year, but that's football these days I guess.

Ultimately, what has Tony Mowbray achieved that Chris Hughton hasn't? Some minor success with Hibs?

If Hughton fails miserably in the Prem, then yeah, we look around, but not till then.

The problem with the last line is that if Hughton fails, we either get relegated or then have to try to recruit a manager mid-season when the rules prevent you from poaching another club's manager - and the ones currently employed are most likely to be the best ones......

The problem with the last line is that if Hughton fails, we either get relegated or then have to try to recruit a manager mid-season when the rules prevent you from poaching another club's manager - and the ones currently employed are most likely to be the best ones......

Eh? Have I totally missed a new rule being brought in that stops managers moving club mid season?

I just cannot help but think Hughton has been quite lucky this season, we've had a fantastic season in a weak league but I genuinely can't remember a moment when I've thought "Great decision, Chris" when it comes to making a change, picking a team, changing a game plan etc. If you don't do that in the top flight you'll get punished.

I have a massive amount of admiration for the fella but I won't be overly confident if he's still our manager going into the new season. I'm not being unrealistic, I'm not saying that if we get promoted we should be aiming for anything above survival. I just think if we enter into a Premiership season, three or four new faces or not, with the same manager with his same ideas then we'll be straight back down again.

I just cannot help but think Hughton has been quite lucky this season, we've had a fantastic season in a weak league but I genuinely can't remember a moment when I've thought "Great decision, Chris" when it comes to making a change, picking a team, changing a game plan etc. If you don't do that in the top flight you'll get punished.

I have a massive amount of admiration for the fella but I won't be overly confident if he's still our manager going into the new season. I'm not being unrealistic, I'm not saying that if we get promoted we should be aiming for anything above survival. I just think if we enter into a Premiership season, three or four new faces or not, with the same manager with his same ideas then we'll be straight back down again.

What is wrong with you?

To not have faith in Hughton is one thing, but to suggest Mowbray as a better option is absolutely insane.

His teams are never defensively sound and that will always be a major issue.

Hell no!

What is wrong with you?

To not have faith in Hughton is one thing, but to suggest Mowbray as a better option is absolutely insane.

His teams are never defensively sound and that will always be a major issue.

Hell no!

And at what point over the last 15 years has our team been defensively sound?