Sunderland...

Heron

Massive panic buy. I think he'll be another Martins, so could turn out to be decent 1 in 4 games

could well be the case like. he might work out well for them and be awesome but £13m is a hell of a gamble on a player who most of the fans only saw in the world cup scoring penalties and missing the important one, especially in this day and age of clubs tightening belts

He's not a proper goalscorer really and that's when you should pay the £13 million type of money, so in that respect they've overpaid. He's decent though and will improve their team. The thing i don't get on that message board is that they think we'll be jealous because they have a £23 million plus strikeforce with the emphasis being on the money side of it. Why would i be jealous they've spent £23 million? I'm more proud of this window for the lack of money we've spent, we've bought some real class talent in for peanuts and it's so much more satisfying than wasting millions.

Carroll did pretty well last year in an inferior league and is in good form right now, but Gyan has proven himself a good player in two top leagues and on several occasions internationally.

26 goals in 92 games in Italy and 14 goals in 47 games in France, hardly proved himself to be a good striker in either league.

"What a fucking idiot, rather have Ben Arfa than Bent and Gyan..

The same Ben Arfa who has scored a total of 16 goals in 127 apperances in his professional club career..:lol::lol:"

not understanding the difference between a striker and midfielder = :facepalm:

"What a f***ing idiot, rather have Ben Arfa than Bent and Gyan..

The same Ben Arfa who has scored a total of 16 goals in 127 apperances in his professional club career..:lol::lol:"

not understanding the difference between a striker and midfielder = :facepalm:

I agree that isn't a bright statement to make but saying that barfa is better than bent isn't a good statement either and to say he is better than Gyan is also debatable ( though for the prices paid it's more likely that we got the better deal ).

They are still far better than us, make no mistake.

Liverpool hammered them but we have far poorer players than them.

They only have 1 bloke on the scoresheet this season in all competitions, thats 4 games and no-one has scored other than Bent.

There a 1 man team and if he gets injured they'll be in serious trouble.

I think Gyan will do well for them like. Not in the goalscoring sense - but he'll be a fantastic outlet for Bent.

He probably will be as his link up play looked decent in the WC, but their fans are likely to get on his back if he doesn't get goals much like ours would.

They are still far better than us, make no mistake.

Liverpool hammered them but we have far poorer players than them.

They only have 1 bloke on the scoresheet this season in all competitions, thats 4 games and no-one has scored other than Bent.

There a 1 man team and if he gets injured they'll be in serious trouble.

Fair bit of water under the bridge since that comment was made. I think it's a pretty even match and who finishes higher will depend on injuries. Should hopefully be a couple of exciting derbies.

Massive panic buy. I think he'll be another Martins, so could turn out to be decent 1 in 4 games

could well be the case like. he might work out well for them and be awesome but £13m is a hell of a gamble on a player who most of the fans only saw in the world cup scoring penalties and missing the important one, especially in this day and age of clubs tightening belts

He sounds like the new Guivarch ;)

He's not a proper goalscorer really and that's when you should pay the £13 million type of money, so in that respect they've overpaid. He's decent though and will improve their team. The thing i don't get on that message board is that they think we'll be jealous because they have a £23 million plus strikeforce with the emphasis being on the money side of it. Why would i be jealous they've spent £23 million? I'm more proud of this window for the lack of money we've spent, we've bought some real class talent in for peanuts and it's so much more satisfying than wasting millions.

We had a 27 million strike force (Martins and Owen) in our relegation season, and that turned out to be a pile of crap :) It's not about how much money you spend it about the quality of the players. Personally I would take Carroll over either of those two as much for his potential than anything, although I do rate Bent pretty highly.

We had a 27 million strike force (Martins and Owen) in our relegation season, and that turned out to be a pile of crap :) It's not about how much money you spend it about the quality of the players. Personally I would take Carroll over either of those two as much for his potential than anything, although I do rate Bent pretty highly.

I'd swap Carroll for Bent in a heartbeat tbh

Future of the club IMO.  Bent is a glorified goal poacher.

More like Bent is an exelent goal poacher.

It's hard to say "i'd swap 1 for the other" because Carroll is a massive piece in our puzzle and is looking like the future of the club, but i'd say in all round quality Bent is on another level.

We would never create enough chances for Bent to thrive and Bent cannot create enough for either him or others.  Carroll has more potential to be an all round center forward than any other English striker apart from Rooney.

To even discuss swapping him for Bent is madness.

Guest VegasToon

:dowie:

More like Bent is an exelent goal poacher.

It's hard to say "i'd swap 1 for the other" because Carroll is a massive piece in our puzzle and is looking like the future of the club, but i'd say in all round quality Bent is on another level.

We would never create enough chances for Bent to thrive and Bent cannot create enough for either him or others.  Carroll has more potential to be an all round center forward than any other English striker apart from Rooney.

To even discuss swapping him for Bent is madness.

Sunderland aren't exactly full of creative talent and he still ended up with 24 goals in the league last season.