Sunderland...

Heron

Remember going to Anfield away when we beat them in the 90s and there was a strangely friendly crack on in the ground with the supporters.  Us lot were singing You'll Never Walk Alone and the scousers were singing Blaydon Races and on the way out there were a group of reds outside waiting to shake our hands.  Not sure if it was just a mutual hating of Man U at the time or what.  Better not tell the mackems anyway, they've spent a lot of money on that banner.

If we tell them that it'll make them even prouder. They stole our friends. :snod:

Dont seem to learn on readytogo. I like this thread from last summer: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=493987

Heres a typical post:

The best mixed Sunderland/Newcastle team, in my opinion:

Gordon

Hutton Turner Mensah Enrique

Henderson Cattermole Cana Malbranque

Bent Jones

I'd have a few of their first teamers for our bench (Harper, Collocini, maybe Routledge, Nolan and Carroll) but nothing more.

I'm not sure exactly what's been said re signings for them this summer, but I'm sure they'll make at least a couple that will strengthen them, and would get a look in to our squad.

Thoguh i see Barton would get in this year as well, so at least thats something

Guest Roger Kint

Looking at that shocking website, they seem to have genuinely convinced themselves that Wesley is an excellent defender. They're positively tragic.

:undecided:

Guest Wearside

Aye, confidence is definitely growing down there again. I like it.

I've seen people on here claiming Newcastle can get into the top 6 this season and someone on the Arsenal game thread quite unbelievably claims that it will be an "easy and comfortable" Newcastle win.

Can we have some guidelines on what is and what is not high levels of confidence.

I've seen people on here claiming Newcastle can get into the top 6 this season and someone on the Arsenal game thread quite unbelievably claims that it will be an "easy and comfortable" Newcastle win.

Can we have some guidelines on what is and what is not high levels of confidence.

:lol: Care to provide some links please? Neesy and Colocho posts don't count.

Guest Wearside

Can't remember what thread it was in but think it was by a poster called Tron.

Maybe the poster 'Rich' thinks supporters are not allowed to be confident a few days before the season starts, maybe we should all just put us down for relegation, shoot us all.

Maybe the poster 'Rich' thinks supporters are not allowed to be confident a few days before the season starts, maybe we should all just put us down for relegation, shoot us all.

Tron :lol: Aye tbf, I can imagine that post probably does exist.

Said poster also thought we never won the Division 1 title under Keegan.  :uglystupid2:

Aye confident. But not frothing at the gash over the thought of handing us a hiding with your 'superior' team. Went well last season as I remember...

Guest Wearside

A fully fit North East XI would look something like this.

Gordon

Bardsley

Coloccini

O'Shea

Enrique

Barton

Tiote

Gardner

Ben Arfa

Gyan

Sessegnon

Gordon

Bardsley

Coloccini

O'Shea

Enrique

Barton

Tiote

Gardner

Ben Arfa

Gyan

Sessegnon

why do mackems constantly do this, are you pinching yourselves that you can actually claim to get soemone in a joint team cos for years you wouldnt have gotten anyone near the bench?

Gordon

Bardsley

Coloccini

O'Shea

Enrique

Barton

Tiote

Gardner

Ben Arfa

Gyan

Sessegnon

I can't argue too much with that, actually. I'd maybe argue that Ba is better than Sessegnon, relative to position etc, but there's nothing mindblowingly stupid there. :thup:

Guest Wearside

Krul

Bardsley

Coloccini

O'Shea

Enrique

Barton

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Gyan

Sessegnon

More accurate.

Aye two defensive, none goalscoring midfielders in the centre of the park is a great idea.

Krul

Bardsley

Coloccini

O'Shea

Enrique

Barton

Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Gyan

Sessegnon

More accurate.

Aye two defensive, none goalscoring midfielders in the centre of the park is a great idea.

Would be in a team of Gyan, Sessegnon and Ben Arfa