Sunderland...

Heron

I would be more worried if they sacked Bruce than if they kept him. A good manager can do a lot with their resources.

Could have done, not any more though.

They haven't realised it yet but they are in the same position as us - massive profit on transfers since January, owner not spending, cutting wage bill, star striker not replaced, sold one of their most talented players to Liverpool.

They have been some of the biggest spenders in the last 5 years but that is over now and they have acheived nothing. It'll be back to normal for them from now on.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lets hope so - the owner can't be happy spunking all the money away to get nothing back.

The low crowds will be back after saturday too

Pure Quality!!! more gobsh1tes harping on about our 'support'!

"I sit in the North Stand and I hardly heard a peep out of the mags until they scored. Whenever they piped up our lads drowned them out. I always think the barometer of away noise is Spurs. When they sing 'oh when the spurs go marching in' they are loud as f***, and the mags have never come anywhere near approaching that noise at our place.

I thought the atmosphere was excellent from the home supporters, especially when we were flying into tackles and closing down in the first half. That sort of stuff really gees our fans up.

We went flat on the pitch in the second half, which crept into the stands, but I still thought we stuck with the team better than in January.

I know some have banged on about the atmosphere the mags created last October but FFS they were three up at half time. Could you imagine if we had gone three up in the first half? The place would have been a bear pit.

Last derby I went to at their place was in 2008 (they won 2-0) and the atmosphere was utter s****, from both us and them. I think the news there was no Bardsley and Evans that day knocked the stuffing out of us before we had even got underway."

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=620144&page=3#ixzz1VlwqnjLX

I think that f***er needs to tinker with his hearing aid because I was there and can confirm our fans sung for more or less the full 90 minutes (MOTD and Football First corroborate this as all you can hear is our lot). The loudest noise from the home support came when Webb gave a corner rather than a penalty.

"Ah but you see the pitchside mics are not positioned near the magnificent SWC, they're nearer the away end.  So it picks up all the chanting from the away end, not our lot, even though we were twice as loud as you.  It's the Magedia again, FTM, 9-1" - Some mackem twat off SMB (I may have made this up)

They've got a ready made excuse/lie for everything Mag related, fucking embarrassing  :-[

Speaking of the 9-1, when they were giving us abuse, most responded with the 5-1 hand signals, seemed to wind them up a bit.  Had at least 3 or 4 charvas hold 9 webbed fingers up in response  :mackems:

Anyone see the 3 or 4 fit birds in the executive boxes?

Guest johnson293

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=10622704&postcount=7

they mean a fair bit, at the time, but people soon get over it.

we beat them 2-1 at our place and everyone was buzzing, and then went to stoke a few days later and lost and it was all doom and gloom again.

edit: the mags celebrated on saturday like they had lifted a cup!

:mackems: Oh, the irony, after the way they erupted and their manager sprinted/waddled up and dwon the touchline at Gyan's equaliser in January.

Oh great, so now we can't fill our ground. Come on Wacky, fill yer boots sunshine.

Ffs - we're Sunderland and we're STILL top dogs. Where's our sense of pride? Guaranteed if we were to beat 'em twice this season but they'd finished above us last season, they'd be adamant that league position at the end of the season is more important than derby results. Not us though, we just take it.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=620268&page=3#ixzz1Vm7uHPJD

:lol: The fucking irony!

Guest Haris Vuckic

we beat them 2-1 at our place and everyone was buzzing, and then went to stoke a few days later and lost and it was all doom and gloom again.

:mackems: Oh, the irony, after the way they erupted and their manager sprinted/waddled up and dwon the touchline at Gyan's equaliser in January.

What the fuck would Sunderland know about lifting cups?

What the f*** would Sunderland know about lifting cups?

Shoplifting cups, they know a lot about that.

Anyone noticed on their university adverts (on t.v) they even try and make the Wearmouth (had to look up the name FFS) bridge look like the Tyne bridge, with the sunset.

It's incredibly embarrassing like, Newcastle's quayside is one of the most beautiful and well-known images in Europe, never mind the UK and they go for some cheap knock-off shite. It's awful, truly awful.

Don't know if this is cosha or not, but my sister (who is a manager for William Hills) has heard that Monkey's Heed is being lined up to replace Bruce. Probably total bollocks, but you never know.

Oh my, that would be absolutely fantastic!

Don't know if this is cosha or not, but my sister (who is a manager for William Hills) has heard that Monkey's Heed is being lined up to replace Bruce. Probably total bollocks, but you never know.

This.  Please please please please please be true.

This.  Please please please please please be true.

Gerraway man :lol:

the mags celebrated on saturday like they had lifted a cup!

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

Guest Kevlaar

Sick of the whole 'i would rather finish above them anyway' bollocks.

I mean, fair enough, if it meant us getting into Europe, but only getting a point off the fuckers, I'd take that, but for both sides to finish in meaningless mid table, i couldnt give a fuck if they finished a few places above us, as long as we come on top in the derbies.

They are fucking leeches, will cling on to owt.

If at the start of last season, you had offered the mackems 12th spot, us 10th, with them spanking us 5-1 and drawing 1-1 at SJP would they have taken it, or prefered to get pissed on at SJP, scramble a draw at the SOS but finish above us?

Same goes for this season, get beat twice of NUFC and finish 9th, or beat nufc twice and finish 11th say? (obviously we dont know whats gonna happen at sjp...)

Quite fancy them to get knocked out of the cup tonight. They're usually poor in the cups (that recent semi aside) and Brighton have started the season well and it'll be a full house at the AMEX I'd have thought.

Quite fancy them to get knocked out of the cup tonight. They're usually poor in the cups (that recent semi aside) and Brighton have started the season well and it'll be a full house at the AMEX I'd have thought.

Come on Kazenga!

Guest johnson293

I would laugh my titties right off if LuaLua scored the winner!

Incidentally, according to NUFC.com, Lomana Lua Lua is a free agent, and currently training with Brighton too.