Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Heneage

Sessegnon is excellent btw. Just shows how utilising a purely creative player can pay dividends.

Has he missed a game since he arrived? Even f***ing Bruce had more guts than our manager.

Fast becoming a parody.

One of the best footballer posters (apparently).

Believe me, if I thought the bloke who calls himself "Gabriele Marcotti II" agreed with me about football, I'd pack it in. :thup:

Think you'll find that was Rich's idea, I had no input into it. I'd quit while you're behind if I was you.

I thought James McClean looked good again mind, very traditional style winger.

Fast becoming a parody.

Ironic as ever. Taking the crap into the new year, I see :rolleyes:

So you actually think there's pertinence in unfavourably comparing our manager (who has us 7th) with Steve fucking Bruce? You're a waste of bandwidth.

Fast becoming a parody.

Ironic as ever. Taking the crap into the new year, I see :rolleyes:

So you actually think there's pertinence in unfavourably comparing our manager (who has us 7th) with Steve fucking Bruce? You're a waste of bandwidth.

FFS Man.  :lol:

Damn right. Enough of the stupid negativity.

it's not a false positivity either. i saw nothing in them to make me scared. it was very much more a citeh off day and a lot of sunderlands defending was very ragged and last ditch. fingers crossed they see it as a tactic that works and they do it for the remainder of the season.

There's always one common denominator in every thread becoming a tedious shit pile full of name calling and personal attacks. Get a grip, dude.

Guest BooBoo

I find it particularly silly to use Sunderland's win today as a stick to bash Pardew with. Generally speaking in his twelve months in charge we've competed very well with the top sides. Arsenal haven't beaten us, neither have Man Utd and only some ill fortune cost us a decent result v Chelsea recently. Even at Man City i was happy to clap our team off. I don't think under his management we often roll over. Fridays game for example, we did okay but unfortunately they had the calibre of a Gerrard to rely on. Even then, it still took a very good defensive clearance from Skrtel to deny us.

All today proved was that they can hang on for 90 minutes and smash and grab it at the end.  Loads of teams manage that, ffs (just not us very often) :lol:

I mean, fair play to them.. great result.  But I very much doubt that if there was a gameplan, it was "just hang on until the very end and then score", and I'm not going to get myself too worked up just yet.

On the balance of play, Man City should have knobbed them. But they didn't bring their shooting boots (in particular, Dzeko was utterly woeful) and Sunderland survived. They then got (another) massive slice of luck with the winning goal that somehow wasn't disallowed for being blatantly offside.

Sunderland fans will rightly laud their team for being so resolute in the face of a far superior opposition. However, you have to question how far this luck is going to stretch for them. As I said, people are already forgetting the 2 huge decisions that wrongly went their way vs Blackburn (no penalty vs Bramble, and the disallowed goal).

They'll be enjoying their little run under O'Neill currently and you can't blame them - he was always likely going to inject some enthusiasm into them. A manager who knows how to set up a team, but a manager who can develop and change things effectively? We'll see.

Guest Howaythetoon

On another day Man City would have hammered them given their shots ratio and possession but results like that and the manner it came in can only serve to aid sunderland under the stewardship of their new manager. They will become an extremely difficult side to beat and these scraped 1-0 wins will become the norm, especially away from home. Mind, they will have to attack sides at their own ground and that's where they will probably come unstuck because they'll become a typical O'Neill side, set up to defend and then counter during transitional play.

I'm not really worried about them but the gap that existed between the two sides a month or so back will only get shorter and I wouldn't rule out the notion of them finishing above us. If O'Neill had started the season there they would probably be either level or above us at this point. Lets not forget he is a really good manager, arguably the best outside of Fergie, Moyes, Redknapp, Mancini and Wenger.

He'll be backed significantly too you feel whereas we all know Pardew or whoever happens to be our manager will get f*** all from the twats in control of our club.

These are good times to be a sunderland fan and although we are above them and have had a reasonable season thus far with an especially good start, concerns grow and grow about the future direction of our club and will always be so as long as Ashley and co pull the strings.

On another day Man City would have hammered them given their shots ratio and possession but results like that and the manner it came in can only serve to aid sunderland under the stewardship of their new manager. They will become an extremely difficult side to beat and these scraped 1-0 wins will become the norm, especially away from home. Mind, they will have to attack sides at their own ground and that's where they will probably come unstuck because they'll become a typical O'Neill side, set up to defend and then counter during transitional play.

I'm not really worried about them but the gap that existed between the two sides a month or so back will only get shorter and I wouldn't rule out the notion of them finishing above us. If O'Neill had started the season there they would probably be either level or above us at this point. Lets not forget he is a really good manager, arguably the best outside of Fergie, Moyes, Redknapp, Mancini and Wenger.

He'll be backed significantly too you feel whereas we all know Pardew whoever happens to be our manager will get fuck all from the twats in control of our club.

These are good times to be a sunderland fan and although we are above them and have had a reasonable season thus far with an especially good start, concerns grow and grow about the future direction of our club and will always be so as long as Ashley and co pull the strings.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He'll be backed significantly too you feel whereas we all know Pardew whoever happens to be our manager will get f*** all from the twats in control of our club.

:lol:

Of course they are man, they have a really good manager in charge for arguably the first time in decades and are now winning games.