Sunderland...

Heron

Very true. In fact even if we'd beaten Man City under similar circumstances, the Doomies would dismiss it as good fortune. There would no mention of good game plans or other such tosh.

You're far too sensitive towards Pardew and I think you will find most people were reasonably happy with the way we performed against Man City even in defeat.  I don't see why him turning around a 1-3 defeat into a 1-0 win would have had people having a go at him.

Afforementioned article from http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Marseille-target-Sunderland-star-Stephane-Sessegnon-article847932.html

Unsettled Sunderland star Stephane Sessegnon is a target for French side Marseille.

The 27-year-old Benin ­international — a £6million buy from Paris St. Germain last January — is finding life difficult off the pitch on Wearside after his wife and five children returned to France. And his problems have alerted several leading French clubs including Marseille and PSG.

Black Cats boss Martin O’Neill is aware of the ­family issues and is hoping they can be overcome.

“That is obviously a ­problem,” said O’Neill. “But it doesn’t seem to have ­affected him on the field because his form has been excellent. I hope he gets the chance to genuinely settle here, but it is not easy.

“I understand, but it hasn’t disturbed him and he hasn’t come to me and said it has been a major problem.

“He’s got great ability and I would love him to settle here and make this his home.”

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Great player, Sess.

No, he's not. He can't finish for shit. All foreplay and very little fucking.

Very good asset to your side.

Have to say though, every week Sesspit impresses me. Does he play for an African Nation? Would like to see him p*ss off for a month if I'm being honest.

Benin's national football team was dissolved.

Undissolved and finished bottom of their qualifying group. :thup:

Unlike some on here I thought they were awful yesterday, just put 10 men behind the ball, rode their luck and got a flukey last kick offside winner.

Still thats the beauty of football, I can think of no other sport where one side can be so outplayed and outclassed yet still win the contest.

Perhaps a sudden death golf play off is the only sporting analogy. One player hits the green in two,putts from 20 feet leaves it three feet short and then lips it for a 5. The other player takes three 70 yard hacks then tops his 4th shot from 150 yards. It flies through a bunker runs across the green at speed, hits the flag spins up in the air and drops for a 4.

I find it particularly silly to use Sunderland's win today as a stick to bash Pardew with. Generally speaking in his twelve months in charge we've competed very well with the top sides. Arsenal haven't beaten us, neither have Man Utd and only some ill fortune cost us a decent result v Chelsea recently. Even at Man City i was happy to clap our team off. I don't think under his management we often roll over. Fridays game for example, we did okay but unfortunately they had the calibre of a Gerrard to rely on. Even then, it still took a very good defensive clearance from Skrtel to deny us.

Agreed but while Pardew doesn't make every popular decision he can he will get stick after a game we haven't won.