Sunderland...

Heron

I take it as a compliment that Newcastle now care so much about Sunderland,from Pardew to player after player from Newcastle all we hear is how much you want to finish above us.

It was only a few year ago that Man Utd were your rivals according to your fans and now your obsessing over finishing above Sunderland,times have certainly changed.

Enjoy the moment lads,get the champagne out,you will finish above the mighty Sunderland. :)

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I take it as a compliment that Newcastle now care so much about Sunderland,from Pardew to player after player from Newcastle all we hear is how much you want to finish above us.

It was only a few year ago that Man Utd were your rivals according to your fans and now your obsessing over finishing above Sunderland,times have certainly changed.

Enjoy the moment lads,get the champagne out,you will finish above the mighty Sunderland. :)

Brilliant isnt it? We as fans, players and management should all be disgusted to want to get as many points as possible from the remaining 9 available to finish the season well. After a summer and opening few months of the season of mackems telling us we are going to go straight back down they cant handle the fact we find it amusing to end up above them. Too bad, you reap what you sow!

Staff and players from both teams have said this year that they'd like to finish above their rivals, that's not surprising and it should be the case. What is surprising is that it's so important to you lot considering the recent history of both clubs. Why wouldnt we want to finish above you in our first season back in the league? It's a significant achievement to stay up as it is.

If you take it as a compliment that we 'now care so much about sunderland' it's a function of how far back we've fallen, not how far forward you lot have come. The fact that your manager was saying you need to make finishing above us your main aim in the post 5-1 interviews says it all about your club. Those were the only words of encouragement he could offer to the fans, he's knows as well as we do that your lot will always define successes or failures against what nufc are doing. Look at that fucking picture man, it tells you everything you need to know.

Guest johnson293

Staff and players from both teams have said this year that they'd like to finish above their rivals, that's not surprising and it should be the case. What is surprising is that it's so important to you lot considering the recent history of both clubs. Why wouldnt we want to finish above you in our first season back in the league? It's a significant achievement to stay up as it is.

If you take it as a compliment that we 'now care so much about sunderland' it's a function of how far back we've fallen, not how far forward you lot have come. The fact that your manager was saying you need to make finishing above us your main aim in the post 5-1 interviews says it all about your club. Those were the only words of encouragement he could offer to the fans, he's knows as well as we do that your lot will always define successes or failures against what nufc are doing. Look at that fucking picture man, it tells you everything you need to know.

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

I do some work for sunderland city council and social services and they get regular complimentary match tickets from sunderland to give away to needy children or people who have no money yet a batch of them got returned, even the needy folk and poor people of sunderland dont want to go. Its quite sad really because I believe its a cracking gesture from the club regarding free tickets. I know Toon fans take the piss but I wish our club would do more to get fans through the door rather than relying on our loyalty.

I do some work for sunderland city council and social services and they get regular complimentary match tickets from sunderland to give away to needy children or people who have no money yet a batch of them got returned, even the needy folk and poor people of sunderland dont want to go. Its quite sad really because I believe its a cracking gesture from the club regarding free tickets. I know Toon fans take the p*ss but I wish our club would do more to get fans through the door rather than relying on our loyalty.

Just shows you can't give a turd away though.

Brilliant isnt it? We as fans, players and management should all be disgusted to want to get as many points as possible from the remaining 9 available to finish the season well. After a summer and opening few months of the season of mackems telling us we are going to go straight back down they cant handle the fact we find it amusing to end up above them. Too bad, you reap what you sow!

This is the important word for me. Not one single Newcastle fan classes finishing above Sunderland as any great achievement and will not celebrate it in any great way, after all we're used to it. The same couldn't be said for you lot down the road, if Sunderland finish above us they will literally cum their pants. We will however find it fucking amusing if we do, considering the recent history of the clubs over the past few seasons and the amount of money spent, I for one will have a good laugh in the face of the couple mackems I know.

Not to worry though, I'm sure St Niall, Ellis, Sewpa Steve, the 10,000 empty pink seats and the Future of English Football can continue taking your club forward. :iamatwat:

Finishing above Sunderland is just normality returning. Nothing to celebrate, it's happened so many times that all the sense of achievement was lost a long time ago.

i've said it before but i wouldnt celebrate them going down either, they surrender points to us like no other club.

Guest BooBoo

Speaking of reveals, I never tire of hearing tales that how after that fateful Gillingham game, undercover Newcatle fans in the Roker End could stand it no longer and ripped off jumpers to reveal black and White shirts. Class.

The favourite on there is always "my mag mate said" or "a mag at work said" followed by some ludicrous, clearly made up story.  That forum really dies attract some mouth breathers, but it is a mackem forum after all.

The favourite on there is always "my mag mate said" or "a mag at work said" followed by some ludicrous, clearly made up story.  That forum really dies attract some mouth breathers, but it is a mackem forum after all.

They're always the best like :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye. :lol:

Guest johnson293

Almost as good as the ones which start... 'my mate was working at Shearers new house.....'

And then begins another urban myth about sunderland shirts in the dry lining/foundations, etc.

Think half of Sunderland must have worked on his/any other newcastle players houses!

Guest elbee909

Almost as good as the ones which start... 'my mate was working at Shearers new house.....'

And then begins another urban myth about sunderland shirts in the dry lining/foundations, etc.

Think half of Sunderland must have worked on his/any other newcastle players houses!

It's a bit far-fetched isn't it?

Mackems with jobs, I mean.

I'd love it if a whole bunch of RTG memebers simultaneously revealed themselves as toon fans. Sort of a like a Vinne Mac, 'higher power' moment. :lol:

;D That would be class!

Certainly would be. Think this guy's already blown his cover to some extent, sadly:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=590896

"oh Steve Bruce take my hand

and lead me into Sunderland"  :lol:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/webimage/strip10052011pbrr_1_3370183%21image/3014093033.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/3014093033.jpg

Published on Wednesday 11 May 2011 11:24 TWO dedicated Black Cats fans are camping out to be the first to get their hands on next season’s Sunderland AFC shirt.

Old school friends Lee Crabtree and David Jackson set up camp outside the club shop at the Stadium of Light on Monday morning – even though the new home strip is not for sale until tomorrow.

The three-night camp-out has become an annual homage for the pair.

“This is our tradition to show how loyal we are to Sunderland football club,” said David, 22.

“We’re going to do it year after year after year.

“I’ve heard no one does this at Newcastle for their home strip, so it shows Sunderland has the most loyal fans. Even if we can’t beat them on points, this shows we can beat them on loyalty.”

He added: “I really like the new shirt. I think it’s a return to the 2001 strip. It looks good.”

Lee, 24, who has spina bifida and uses a wheelchair, said he had no problems camping out and the friends found their tent – pitched on hard surfacing – a fine temporary home.

“It’s not really that uncomfortable. You get used to it,” he said. “We don’t get any trouble either.

“You’d think we would, but everyone who comes past is very friendly.”

The friends met at Bamburgh School in South Shields. Lee is from Harton, David from Whiteleas.

They used to hold season tickets, but are both unemployed and say they can no longer afford them.

“We watch the games on TV and this is how we show our loyalty,” said David.

“Some years we’ve done the home and away strip launches, but this year we’re just doing the home one.

“We want to give other Sunderland fans the chance to be first for the away strip.”

The friends said people passing by offered to bring them food and drink, but they also had supplies with them.

They use the disabled toilets at the stadium and say the security guards and club shop staff look after them.

Lee said: “No one else really starts to queue until Wednesday night, then there are quite a few people here.”

David added: “It’s just immense when everyone’s here, it’s a great atmosphere.”

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=591221#ixzz1M2dwiqov

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: