Sunderland...

Heron

They're so proud of their injury list expect an open top ambulance parade through the streets of wearside at the end of the season with their crippled heroes waving crutches at the adoring fans.

There's an idea we could use.

Guest johnson293

Newcastle player breaks an arm.....

but, a Sunderland player breaks a leg.....

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

Guest Wearside

Wonder if Toons Taylor still thinks we have only had a "average" injury list this season.

We could make a canny team just with the injuries

Gordon

Turner

Mensah

Bramble

Richardson

Henderson

Cattermole

Meyler

Welbeck

Gyan

Campbell

Only "excuses" though. :)

Surely Bruce should be doing something about this, should be looking at the physio's and club doctors. Maybe something wrong with your training pitch? Or something wrong with his training methods.

Guest Wearside

Surely Bruce should be doing something about this, should be looking at the physio's and club doctors. Maybe something wrong with your training pitch? Or something wrong with his training methods.

Yep you'd think so,no way is this just bad luck,it has to be something to do with the medical team or the pitches at the academy,hopefully Martin O'Neill will get to the bottom of it in the summer when he is appointed. :)

Yep you'd think so,no way is this just bad luck,it has to be something to do with the medical team or the pitches at the academy,hopefully Fat Sam and his ridiculous team of so-called 'sports scientists' will get to the bottom of it in the summer when he is appointed. :)

FYP. :)

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lualua,Vuckic :) :) :)

Why not go the hole hog and start including your under 14's

Lua Lua has made twice as many first team appearances as Ryan Noble who you're crying about, Vuckic has also started a couple and come off the bench once.

Plus Lua Lua had a good few appearances at Brighton.

Wonder if Toons Taylor still thinks we have only had a "average" injury list this season.

Sorry, credit where credit's due, you have an outstanding injury list.  Puts most teams in the league to shame.

Sorry, credit where credit's due, you have an outstanding injury list.  Puts most teams in the league to shame.

Something to tell the grandkids about imo. Ah wus theyre wen wa whole squad was injured

Guest Wearside

Lua Lua has made twice as many first team appearances as Ryan Noble who you're crying about, Vuckic has also started a couple and come off the bench once.

Ryan Noble is not injured so no idea where you are coming from with this.

The comparison was LuaLua and Meyler,according to Wiki, LuaLua has never even made a PL appearance either starting or as a sub,Meyler has made numerous first team starts and only 3 very bad injuries has held him back,when he is fit he starts.

Carry on listing your youth/reserve team players if it makes you feel better though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ryan Noble is not injured so no idea where you are coming from with this.

The comparison was LuaLua and Meyler,according to Wiki, LuaLua has never even made a PL appearance either starting or as a sub,Meyler has made numerous first team starts and only 3 very bad injuries has held him back,when he is fit he starts.

Carry on listing your youth/reserve team players if it makes you feel better though.

http://www.brightonandhovefreepress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kll.jpg

He's made a few tbh, from the bench but whatever.

It's an injury competition, what happened to Europe and finishing above Liverpool?  :iamatwat:

Guest Wearside

Why is this getting to you?

It's not getting to me,I just find it comical that some posters on here feel the need to list Newcastle youth team players to try and claim that you have similar injuries to Sunderland when the facts are that no team in the entire league has has to put up with injuries like us.

That's not excuses,that's the facts.

It's not getting to me,I just find it comical that some posters on here feel the need to list Newcastle youth team players to try and claim that you have similar injuries to Sunderland when the facts are that no team in the entire league has has to put up with injuries like us.

No need to go all Rafa Benitez

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aww poor bairns! :lol:

We've had injury stricken squads for years so you wont get any sympathy here.

Look on the bright side, at least they've most of them have come at the back end of the season. You could've had Gyan, oh I dunno.. break his leg after a couple appearance and miss the rest of the season.

Newcastle United 7 M Williamson Broken Arm Aug 11

T Kadar Hamstring Injury no return date doubtful

K Lua Lua Broken Leg 30th Jun 11

L Best Ankle/Foot Injury 30th Jun 11

D Gosling Knee Injury 22nd May 11

A Smith Ankle/Foot Injury Aug 11

H Ben Arfa Broken Leg Jul 11

Sunderland 7 K Richardson Calf/Shin Injury Jul 11

R Noble Knee Injury 7th May 11 slight doubt

A Gyan Hamstring Injury no return date very doubtful

D Welbeck Hamstring Injury 25th Jun 11

C Gordon Knee Injury Oct 11

J Mensah Calf Muscle Strain 7th May 11 doubtful

F Campbell Knee Injury Apr 12

I guess you can include ireland in our list so we win, 8-7

woot 9-7

Perch isn't fit for this game either according to the Pardew interview here: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13297670.stm

Guest toonlass

It's not fact!

You've been drawn in by the "injuries" excuse. Over the season you've had no more than any other club. True injuries have hit hard now, but are comparable to what we have. You had 4 out injured a few weeks ago when we had 7 "first team" players out. Give up with the injury excuse. Having a load of players out for the last 3 games does not constitute the whole season. Bunch of bloody whinging excuse makers!

Guest Wearside

I love a good pissing match, especially as both teams have had rotten luck with injuries in key positions this season. Sunderland haven't coped at all with them whereas we have.

When have your best players Tiote,Barton,Enrique,Collocini and Nolan been out injured?

Other than Enrique being out about a month you've had a very,very good season injury wise.