Sunderland...

Heron

Table doesn't lie, they've had a mortifyingly disappointing season, we've had a pleasing one. We're on the up and we've quickly got back up amongst it after relegation. Let's see what their manager, whoever it may be, does in the summer window.

Tbh their position of 10th, for me, just sums up this season generally. They've been awful for a few months - one of the worst sides in the entire league from February onwards - yet they finished in the top half.

That being said, it's obvious they have problems. They'll need significant investment just to stand still, but will Bruce be trusted with more funds?

If you compare who has had a better season, it is of course Newcastle. I'd personally be shocked if you finish below them next year.

Without the points Bent got them they'd be relegated, if they don't invest majorly in the summer they're in serious trouble. But then if they do, they're in serious financial trouble.

I'm more annoyed at not being top half than below them but it's still a nuisance.

Part of the trifecta of that last goal: win, top half and above Sunderland finish all wiped out.

- We're a newly promoted side

- They've spent loads of money

- We were ahead of them until the last minute of the season

- 5-1

- 6-2 on aggregate

- 4 points plays 1 point

- The difference between the two teams is 1 point

Those are the facts. They finished above us, but if they'd had a truly successful season they'd be pushing for Europe. Brucey strikes again.

- 5-1

- 6-2 on aggregate

- 4 points plays 1 point

Those are the facts. They finished above us, but if they'd had a truly successful season they'd be pushing for Europe. Brucey strikes again.

It increases the chances of Bruce staying. That can only be good news for you.

- 5-1

- 6-2 on aggregate

- 4 points plays 1 point

It increases the chances of Bruce staying. That can only be good news for you.

Agreed. Pressure off.

Bruce makes a few crap signings and they're in trouble by Xmas.

Fair play they finnished above us.

they didnt get into the champions league,

they didnt get into europe,

they didnt progress to the mystical next level,

they lost Bent,

they were humiliated by us in the Derbies,

they are losing half thier squad,

thier Fans never stay till the end,

thier chairman has been desperate,

but yeah hats off they finnished above us.

Guest toonlass

Don't give a fuck tbh

This. Have always said I'd be happy with 17th place. Where Sunderland finish doesn't even register on my radar.

Tbh I was a bit gutted about this, not as gutted as I was about the event of our match like, but since seeing the mackem reaction to this and seeing how much we matter to them it's cheered me up tenfold. :lol: Seriously, have a quick gander at RTG, it's brilliant.

Tbh I was a bit gutted about this, not as gutted as I was about the event of our match like, but since seeing the mackem reaction to this and seeing how much we matter to them it's cheered me up tenfold. :lol: Seriously, have a quick gander at RTG, it's brilliant.

theyve been saying for the last month it didnt matter if we finnished above them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I was at the West Ham game. The celebrations of the mackems when the 3-3 score came in was unbelievable. Such a small club mentality.

Guest johnson293

I was at the West Ham game. The celebrations of the mackems when the 3-3 score came in was unbelievable. Such a small club mentality.

Like this...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

....Or better?

Celebrate all they want (and they will) but they finished just one point above their newly promoted rivals. And in midtable, one point means nothing really. We've caught up with them in no time and while they'll be spending money just to stand still, we'll be adding more quality and depth to our squad. Then everything will be back to normal.

Guest johnson293

We went into a season talking about Europe, and finnished 1 point ahead of Newcastle

Nah, Top 10 finish was always their aim, allegedly, however the fact they were 6th in January and shouting about Europe, and then only scraped their 10th place finish on Goal difference will mean nowt to them.