Sunderland...

Heron

Like we'd ever use the phrase "Top Dogs" ffs. :lol: They're the sad cunts who released a DVD with that title not us.

over my life we have finnished above them at a guess more than 75% of the time, and i have never heard the term Top Dogs

Guest Wearside

Malcolm's dug up some article from SkySports with quotes from Bruce saying he's looking at a few Bosman's.  Opened a real can of worms.  They're calling up and aren't happy for him mocking them.

Malcolm MacDonald - The oracle on all things Sunderland.

We heard all this last summer,sold Cana and then Jones and all we heard was how skint we were then bang we smashed our transfer record on Gyan.

MacDonald never stops going on about how much money we spend and now because we are looking at a couple of free players he is still going on,can't win.

Guest johnson293

Boo Hoo... the mackems have finished higher than us in another league table too... the 'Value for Money League'

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1196/title=man+city+tops+value+league

Them 9th... Us, 17th!

Strange that, when Disco Pants had to go out locally with the begging bowl, if they are such good value for money, and loads of their supporters would prefer to watch home matches in the pub?!

EDIT: Forgot to add this...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

That article lost any sort of legitimate insight when it listed James Pearch as the 16th best value player in the league.

It also fails to mention how the come to any sort of formula to determine entertainment.

Blackburn 'fucking' Rovers are 3rd man.

The fact they are making so much noise about finnishing above is all about papering over the crfacks for them. they are shitting themselves, at the rate we have improved vs the rate they are failing , we have caught them in one season and should comfortably pass them next.

Guest Wearside

The fact they are making so much noise about finnishing above is all about papering over the crfacks for them. they are shitting themselves, at the rate we have improved vs the rate they are failing , we have caught them in one season and should comfortably pass them next.

:mackems:

Brilliant,simply brilliant.I don't even know where to begin with that post.

When we signed Darren Bent:

"Why's he going from a top six side to a struggling club?" (ignoring the fact that the top six isn't decided in January, although, in fairness, when you've been in it for about three weeks of the last 25 years, ignorance of this fact is somewhat understandable)

"He's going to look a right idiot when we finish above Villa"

I can't help but notice the final table shows:

1. Sunderland not troubling the top six.

2. Sunderland below Villa, despite us having a nightmare season.

So, basically, bollocks.

I was going to say, I couldn't see any sort of formula for how they worked it out.  Didn't think my ST was bad value for money, when you consider some of the high scoring games we've had this season.  Mine was £429 for L7, as I live down south I haven't been to all the games, but I've seen the following scores at SJP.

6-0 Villa

0-2 Blackpool

2-2 Wigan

5-1 sunderland

5-0 West Ham

4-4 Arsenal

1-1 Bolton

1-2 Everton

4-1 Wolves

2-1 Brum

3-3 WBA

Around £40 a game and I missed 8 home matches.  I got to see 50 goals and spank our rivals 5-1, I'd say that's fucking cracking value me self  :smug:

Blackburn might pay about a tenner a game, still wouldn't call them entertaining, they're terrible to watch.

Malcolm (!) made a good point vs. one mackem on the legends last night.  Following an argument about Bruce signing free players/finishing higher/5-1, Malcolm asked him how many new players he hoped for.  The reply was 6.

Malcolm pointed out they've got 5 going back from loan deals, and Zenden leaving.  So 6 would just be enough to cover that, adding no further depth.  Mackem couldn't say much more than 'well yes'.

Its going to be hard for them to replace their outgoings, considering pretty much all were either in the first XI or on the bench.  Its not like they're losing real bit-part players.

Guest johnson293

Malcolm (!) made a good point vs. one mackem on the legends last night.  Following an argument about Bruce signing free players/finishing higher/5-1, Malcolm asked him how many new players he hoped for.  The reply was 6.

Malcolm pointed out they've got 5 going back from loan deals, and Zenden leaving.  So 6 would just be enough to cover that, adding no further depth.  Mackem couldn't say much more than 'well yes'.

Its going to be hard for them to replace their outgoings, considering pretty much all were either in the first XI or on the bench.  Its not like they're losing real bit-part players.

As well as replacing the loanies/leavers, they may also need to replace the injured ones who may not be fit for the start of next season too. So that's another 2 or 3?