Sunderland...

Heron

Guest secteur2010

I have this 'thing' about sunderland. In one I feel immense sadness for them and a hearty disdain when they do well and on the other hand I want to help them out like I help out adults with learning disabilities and make them feel worthy but know they're fucked and have no hope in hell.

f***ing hell, one Geordie replying with a two letter reply, spelling mistake, I'm not one to talk about mistypes, I'm one of the worst, but if you are on another team's board, f***ing hell get it right :)

FWIW I am worried about Carroll's court case.

If he gets in the England squad I think he'll avoid prison.

Sunderland fans are fattest in Premier League - 20 August 2010

By James Johnston

An online survey from NHS Choices claims that the Black Cats have the Premier League's fattest supporters, munching their way through a mountain of crisps, sweets, pasties and pies.

The poll of 25,000 supporters assessed their health and fitness based on weight, smoking and alcohol consumption.

It revealed that just over half of SAFC fans were an unhealthy weight.

Everton came second in the table, followed by Blackburn, which has the most smokers, and Fulham, which has the most supporters who exceeded the recommended units of alcohol per day.

Newcastle came 16th in the study of 20 clubs.

The Echo asked Sunderland AFC fans what they thought about being branded the most unhealthy.

Colin Metcalf, 63, said: "I don't know if it's true really, it's the sort of food you like at half time. There's a lot more other teams in the group who are unhealthier than Sunderland."

Anne Metcalf, 57, sales assistant, said: "Newcastle are just as bad. Anywhere is just as bad."

Tommy Leng, 53, of Hendon, added: "I'm healthy, get lots of exercise. I've been following the team for 32 years now and Newcastle are the worst."

Owen Imeson, 27, a painter and decorator, from Sunderland, said: "I'm a supporter and would like to think I'm healthy."

Bob Duncan, 68, retired, of Jarrow, said: "I have four pints before and four pints after, but I do normally go for walks from Sunderland to Shields and back on non-match days."

The research is drawn from fans that used an online NHS football fitness tool, available at NHS TOOL | World Cup Football Fan Fitness Challenge

Well at least they've won something

aren't we getting ahead of our selves talking about  carroll getting in the england squad, especially after two games ? I only ask because i have had similar thoughts but something inside me thinks something will go wronl.

Its basically because the door is wide open for him. There doesn't appear to be another young centre forward of his type around.

If he carries on like, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldnt be considered.

Its down to him to seize the opportunity and I think Hughton's calm personality should be good for him.

Why is it that.. there seems to be no Sunderland fans who post on our board, but there is a fair few of us that are posting on theirs?

There is enough Newcastle threads across there to keep them busy. While some of our mob see all the NUFC threads over there & get stuck in.

Why is it that.. there seems to be no Sunderland fans who post on our board, but there is a fair few of us that are posting on theirs?

Because in reality we are obsessed with them and they arent really with us? Go on suggest it so we can all laugh at you (again).

aren't we getting ahead of our selves talking about  carroll getting in the england squad, especially after two games ? I only ask because i have had similar thoughts but something inside me thinks something will go wronl.

Its basically because the door is wide open for him. There doesn't appear to be another young centre forward of his type around.

If he carries on like, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldnt be considered.

Its down to him to seize the opportunity and I think Hughton's calm personality should be good for him.

There's also the fact that Pearce bums the lad and has been in Capello's ear about him for a long time.

There is enough Newcastle threads across there to keep them busy. While some of our mob see all the NUFC threads over there & get stuck in.

Ah right, that's fair enough :thup:

Because in reality we are obsessed with them and they arent really with us? Go on suggest it so we can all laugh at you (again).

"again"? Must have missed that.

Always thought that we had spent loads more than Sunderland

http://soccerdelirium.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/10ruyhj.jpg

Turns out it is pretty even (though we´ve probably paid a lot more in wages).  Arsenal fucking hell  :yikes:

weve spent 305 million,

sunderland 177,

it is loads more.

just happens we have sold a lot better than them.

Meant nett of course....

i knew. i was just sort of pointing out, I think we have turned over better players hence higher selling on.

On SSN earlier they had pictures of the competing stadiums from England for the World Cup bid, anyway for Sunderland they had a picture of Benfica's Stadium of Light.

I wonder how the FA will get around this one.

FIFA: "Is this Lisbon?"

FA: "No"

FIFA: "But we have just spent 3 hours on a plane from Newcastle for a journey that takes 20 minutes by car and the airport says Lisbon."

FA: "No, Lisbon is what we call Sunderland here, now look at how pretty the city is and look at this amazing non flatpack bowl designed stadium."

If they have any sense they will take them to Newcastle , and show them some pictures of the SOL

They are visiting London, Manchester, Newcastle, and Sunderland. Also they are flying over Milton Keynes. Should swap the Milton Keynes fly over with Sunderland to be honest.